Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 04:20 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,099,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xolisiwe View Post
If 55% are married, then marriage is still the norm as singletons are still the minority.

Shhhhh...

That's got, like, math and numbers and complications if you look at it that way.

I mean, we got us a real, live authoritative peer group going on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 04:26 PM

2,322 posts, read 922,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmockingbird View Post

Shhhhh...

That's got, like, math and numbers and complications if you look at it that way.

Damn math, science and logic getting in the way of a good narrative.

Old 12-31-2015, 04:27 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,455,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
The guy I am dating is not interested in living together and therefore sharing a bed every night.
You encourage his behavior by staying with him. You are not single. If you want to share a bed with a man at night and have sex more than two times a month, you need to only date men who want to have sex more than two times a month and want to share a bed with their partner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xolisiwe View Post
If 55% are married, then marriage is still the norm as singletons are still the minority.
If 55% are married, married is the majority. I bet if her sample was marrieds + singles seeing someone exclusively, I bet that number on her sample would be over 70% and maybe over 80%.

At any given time, people are in a relationship with someone. Being single and not seeing someone exclusively is less common.

Old 12-31-2015, 04:31 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,224,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmockingbird View Post

Shhhhh...

Oops! My bad! Let the debate carry on.

Old 12-31-2015, 04:35 PM

708 posts, read 823,313 times
Quote:
It is not that important. I just was surprised how many people are not married.

I think of me as single because I sleep by myself every night, and only get sex twice a month. I am learning to accept this.

If you aren't happy with this then why do you stay? With all of the guys out there, I'm sure you can find one that is the opposite.

Old 12-31-2015, 05:12 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,031,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
You encourage his behavior by staying with him. You are not single. If you want to share a bed with a man at night and have sex more than two times a month, you need to only date men who want to have sex more than two times a month and want to share a bed with their partner.

Haha! That is funny!

The ones I found that wanted to move in with me, wanted to do so because they had no where else to go and were just waiting until they found someone they liked better.

I would rather have the good guy sometimes, than the loser only pretending to like me.

I am sitting on my couch drinking beer and eating dip all by myself on New Year's Eve. How is that not single? It is what it is and I have accepted the fact.

Old 12-31-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestOfTruth View Post
If you aren't happy with this then why do you stay? With all of the guys out there, I'm sure you can find one that is the opposite.
He is a good guy. He just likes his own house and land. I can't fault him for that. I would rather date the good guy, than the losers I have had that just wanted to use me. I am done with that.

Old 12-31-2015, 07:57 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Haha!

I am sitting on my couch drinking beer and eating dip all by myself on New Year's Eve. How is that not single? It is what it is and I have accepted the fact.

Well the romance in your relationship degenerated quickly.

Why are you alone? Where is he?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-31-2015, 10:08 PM

282 posts, read 236,090 times
Yeah, it's an anecdotal thing. It's not uncommon for a person to make friends with people that are all similar or at least not very far off from each other.

Not many of us would have openly known drug addicts for friends alongside having very professional and upright friends. Usually you'll favor one direction or the other, to completely oversimplify.

Old 01-01-2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Well the romance in your relationship degenerated quickly.

Why are you alone? Where is he?
He came over eventually. He just does not like staying over here. We only live 4 miles apart. And that is country miles. No traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships