Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 02:56 PM

39 posts, read 40,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I had a gf like this passive-aggressive lady you're with.

Take the hint and the warning sign.

Nobody ever wants to take the warning sign. Do the red flags have to hit you in the face or whack you in the butt?
I'm happy to report she's responding well to training.

Old 01-03-2016, 03:32 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
My girlfriend has this little yip yip dog that sits in her lap and it growls at me every time I try and get close. She eggs it on. She talks to the dog in a baby voice and it really has become a problem when I visit her house. We've been dating for several years and I feel like moving in is the next logical step, but I'm not interested in keeping the dog.

It's her first pet and she's a rescue dog with a lot of problems. How do I handle this?
Why would you want to move-in to a hostile environment? The next logical step is breaking up with your girlfriend whom you acknowledge, "uses her dog to disparage me."

[the dog is her proxy]

Old 01-03-2016, 06:19 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,280,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh90210 View Post
I have a dog and if he ever growled at a visitor (let alone my boyfriend) i would reprimand him immediately. Your girlfriend's dog thinks that you are infringing upon his territory, he needs to be trained to understand that you are not an intruder.
Exactly!

Old 01-03-2016, 06:30 PM

39 posts, read 40,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
So sorry that a fur-buddy has come between Op and GF..But..as a fairly knowledgeable animal owner..it's th owner's responsibility to train/admonish/ redirect/correct etc...So since this Fur lap pup, who was there before YOU, has never been given boundaries..is a huge problem...IF she can't hand a lap dog..how the hell can she handle "Life Problems"...

First..GF sounds rather Ditzy ...beyond that...IF OP truly wants to pursue..maybe learn some tips on how to gain respect and authority of this dog ..(who requires proper training)!! Believe me..It's yelling nor angry authoritarian aggressive control measure that work..It's always the Calm..corrective direction..that creates respect...

OP..Please, if you are truly interest in this gal..Learn about dogs..because obviously this pint sized dog senses you are fearful/dislike/against..LOL

It's called trying to create the energy of positive control ( not negative)..Initially..start by,NO Eye contact, always show your back before sitting down on same couch)..never reach out to pup..let pup come to you and let them sniff you.. But my bolded is so so IMPORTANT!!!

Good luck..and by your post I sense You likely haven't ever had to deal with this duo issue..GF and pet..trying to win over BOTH
We have re-established positive control and feedback. She's happy now.

Old 01-03-2016, 07:43 PM

912 posts, read 915,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
My girlfriend has this little yip yip dog that sits in her lap and it growls at me every time I try and get close. She eggs it on. She talks to the dog in a baby voice and it really has become a problem when I visit her house. We've been dating for several years and I feel like moving in is the next logical step, but I'm not interested in keeping the dog.

It's her first pet and she's a rescue dog with a lot of problems. How do I handle this?
The dog is not the issue, the girlfriend is. She is teaching the dog to do this behavior. Dogs are products of their masters. Don't ditch the dog. Fix the relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships