Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 08:49 AM

741 posts, read 478,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
But do you want marriage and babies with him, or marriage and babies in general?
That's the hard part. I mean I think he would be a great dad, he's an adorable uncle. Idk because I feel like I can like/love anyone who wants that with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 08:55 AM

20,756 posts, read 19,947,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
That's the hard part. I mean I think he would be a great dad, he's an adorable uncle. Idk because I feel like I can like/love anyone who wants that with me.
He said he claimes he is "fcked up" ... and you think that makes a good dad?

If YOU think you can love anyone ... why not look for somebody NICE and SINCERE who doesn't play around? There are plenty of 25-30 year old guys who aren't players and who would LOVE to be with you and treat you like a princess, I bet.

Old 01-05-2016, 08:56 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,968,732 times
Quote:
I don't know what MOS means. He was infantry so yeah he's seen combat. He does have physical issues and has had a few surgeries and will need more in the future. I have CP though so I have walking issues too. We have never gone in depth about the mental but he has said "I'm just f'ed up" so I do foresee PTSD issues he's eluded to a lot of sleep issues related to it.
MOS- basic terms means his military occupation speciality aka job.

There is a very good chance he will be unable to assimilate to civilian life as soon as he gets out and he will most likely suffer from separation/disruption disorder, if not PTSD (post traumatic stress). Unlike an admin job in the military, infantry is go go go. He may very well end up as a police officer or in some type of first response job, which may further add to his type-A personality (something that is not very well known talked about).

Now it is not to say that the above will all fall into place and he is going to be some nut job. However, there is a good chance that he is going to need to re-establish himself. The military does not do a good job in transitioning service members because their job is (recruit/retention, not separation)

The above are things to consider at your stage nearly approaching 30 years of age. You won't get this info anywhere else so take a picture, write it down, print it, and do whatever you have to in order to keep this info in mind.

Old 01-05-2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
There is a very good chance he will be unable to assimilate to civilian life as soon as he gets out and he will most likely suffer from separation/disruption disorder. Unlike an admin job in the military, infantry is go go go. He may very end up as a police officer or in some type of first response job, which may further add to his type-A personality (something that is not very well known talked about).

Now it is not to say that the above will all fall into place and he is going to be some nut job. However, there is a good chance that he is going to need to re-establish himself. The military does not do a good job in transitioning service members because their job is (recruit/retention, not separation)

The above are things to consider at your stage nearly approaching 30 years of age. You won't get this info anywhere else so take a picture, write it down, print it, and do whatever you have to in order to keep this info in mind.
She said he has some physical issues - I don't think he can be a police officer if he isn't in perfect shape ..

He might be out of a job for a long time. He might have to work low end jobs. He might have/get PTSD. There are lots of areas where they don't hire ex military people because they are known not to be able to work independently.

Old 01-05-2016, 09:39 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,226,222 times
Quote:
It sounds like you'd marry the first reasonably nice guy who asks you; that's a problem. And also a very common start of miserable marriages. Plus, being the Fun Uncle is very different from being a father; parenthood is half the fun and 10x the responsibility.

Old 01-05-2016, 09:42 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,968,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
She said he has some physical issues - I don't think he can be a police officer if he isn't in perfect shape ..

He might be out of a job for a long time. He might have to work low end jobs. He might have/get PTSD. There are lots of areas where they don't hire ex military people because they are known not to be able to work independently.
Veddy Veddy true.... Although it may depend on the disability %, if it is documented, and if he reveals it. Sometimes they don't reveal it til after in order to get the job. I hope she is listening to you!

Old 01-05-2016, 10:03 AM

I definitely didn't think of a lot of that stuff. It's just that shows interest in my and he's attractive. It's so hard to find someone. Believe if it was easy I would have been married at like 20 which was my dream.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:47 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,538,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Military dudes are not that calm and stable themselves. Many have a lot of issues that most people can't understand.

Limited and stereotyped view of the military.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Limited and stereotyped view of the military.
That's true but OP already stated that the guy thinks he is "fcked up"

Old 01-05-2016, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
That's true but OP already stated that the guy thinks he is "fcked up"
Yeah he said that. I mean I can tell he is aggressive because he was so easily irritated when the guy took a long time to take our order and bring my coke but I didn't think much of it. I thought it was kind of sweet that he's protective. Of course one day it could be a problem but it could potentially not be either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships