Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 11:34 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
It was odd to read this thread. I saw so much of myself.

Back when I was 19, and fat. I used to think this. "I was too unattractive", I was "too this" and "too that".

Jump ahead 2 years, end of 21 in 2013, thinned out and considered attractive. Had my first "girlfriend". And I really thought that was it. Until she screwed me over and I fell into the old patterns again. Few months after that, a girl I hadn't seen in 5 years comes back from China, walks into my job and asks me out in front of everybody.

Even though me and that second girl didn't exactly work out, me and her are still really good friends. The first girl, who I made a few threads about a couple years back is now a lesbian and to this day I have struggles conceiving that after knowing how many men she slept with, including to "get away" from me after leading me on.

What I mean to say is, that despite my virginity being intact at nearly 25, and my friendship with the second girl, even after dating, in good shape. I can say that despite my cynicism life has still surprised me, so I'm not quite giving up yet, despite my "bad days".
So Lashay is a lesbian now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 11:36 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
It's not meant to be taken so seriously or imply you suddenly stop having control of your own free will and thoughts.

It's literally saying when you find someone you can genuinely get along with and like you will allow them curiosities you would never allow others to have.

It could be small almost insignificant things or big life changing things....

It's speaking to the amount of influence you allow people you come to trust to have on your life, Not soulmates or destiny or whatever hokey pokey people may believe in
This. Don't read too much into it.

Old 01-04-2016, 12:23 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No, no drowning allowed! The Diss knows what he has to do. He knows he has issues to deal with, face, and resolve. I don't want to see this sharp, deserving, cookie drown. Hopefully his survival instincts would kick in before it ever got that far.
He'll fight it to the end. I'm sure of that. I don't mean giving up by any means. I'm basically in the same boat as him. The only thing is I'm more prone to looking to other sources for happiness. I have a lot of issues to sort through myself, and I know that I have to deal with them first before I can be in a healthy relationship.

But I wouldn't say "Oh You'll meet someone.", or "The right one will come along one day." because I just don't know that. While people who say that more likely than not mean well, it tends to add to the frustration of those that are not having a lot of options when it comes to the opposite sex.

It can even be aggravating to people who are actually coming to terms with what could be a whole life of being single.

Old 01-04-2016, 12:31 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
He'll fight it to the end. I'm sure of that. I don't mean giving up by any means. I'm basically in the same boat as him. The only thing is I'm more prone to looking to other sources for happiness. I have a lot of issues to sort through myself, and I know that I have to deal with them first before I can be in a healthy relationship.

But I wouldn't say "Oh You'll meet someone.", or "The right one will come along one day." because I just don't know that. While people who say that more likely than not mean well, it tends to add to the frustration of those that are not having a lot of options when it comes to the opposite sex.

It can even be aggravating to people who are actually coming to terms with what could be a whole life of being single.
Well said. Point taken. From now on, I won't say "When the right person comes along...", I'll say "IF the right person comes along...". As in, "if a person is fortunate enough to have that particular magic happen to them, they can find that their views on marriage (or whatever) change. The magic can have that effect."

OK?

Happy New Year, Jenk. May it be full of joy and fulfillment for you.

Old 01-04-2016, 12:59 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well said. Point taken. From now on, I won't say "When the right person comes along...", I'll say "IF the right person comes along...". As in, "if a person is fortunate enough to have that particular magic happen to them, they can find that their views on marriage (or whatever) change. The magic can have that effect."

OK?

Happy New Year, Jenk. May it be full of joy and fulfillment for you.
Happy New Year Ruth.

I hope your year brings something new and fulfilling.

I myself have already decided on doing something new. Exploring my wild and free side, that's for sure.

Old 01-04-2016, 03:35 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,723,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
What you need is a wing man that has had great success in life, sports, women, and overall positive well-being. You need this from another man with lots of positive and successful masculine energy. You will not get this from rooting passive women that will pat you on the back and say "you can do it diss". You need a dude that will show you the way, tell you when you are being a little punk, praise you for your efforts, give you positive masculine reinforcement, and share the wealth.

You need a wing man- someone you can look up to. No woman is going to provide this for you right now. We are all templates and everything relates- it’s all energy and people, job, employers, friends, all read this energy. If you are not right with women, you are not right in the world. We multiply, not deviate.

P.S. we don't need any further information.
Dude, number one; I'm work solo and I'm an independent thinker. Number two; you aren't exactly a master of dating in DC from your past posts.

Old 01-04-2016, 05:24 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,007,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
So Lashay is a lesbian now?
Gone full rug-muncher I'm afraid.

Banged a bunch of guys, led me on, banged a guy, felt guilty and then started banging a girl.

Yeah, I'm better off without her.

Old 01-04-2016, 09:49 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,007,188 times
Quote:
Gone full rug-muncher I'm afraid.

Banged a bunch of guys, led me on, banged a guy, felt guilty and then started banging a girl.

Yeah, I'm better off without her.
It was Shayla by the way.

In fact, I had called her several months back (bad choice I know) and her said girlfriend picked up. She talked to me at length for almost 45 minutes about it. Given it could have been BS, I myself, and a friend checked and as it turned out. She's gone fully Lesbian, apparently after during and after blocking me she had been questioning for some time.

Saw lots of pictures of her and this girl making out, she's playing second mommy to a little kid now. I got kicked to the curb and she got a new family. How fuggin fair is that!?

Old 01-04-2016, 09:59 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
Quote:

In fact, I had called her several months back (bad choice I know) and her said girlfriend picked up. She talked to me at length for almost 45 minutes about it. Given it could have been BS, I myself, and a friend checked and as it turned out. She's gone fully Lesbian, apparently after during and after blocking me she had been questioning for some time.

Saw lots of pictures of her and this girl making out, she's playing second mommy to a little kid now. I got kicked to the curb and she got a new family. How fuggin fair is that!?
It's life.

Keep calm and carry on.

Old 01-05-2016, 08:25 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:

I knew it was Shayla. I was just trying to avoid having her name mentioned in yet another post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships