Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 10:13 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,385,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBurgandyHtown View Post
Please suggest how I can get back on match. The morning they banned me I used another email to create a new account, but I used my same credit card. None of my 3 credit cards work now.

Will it work if I use a friend's credit card and new email? How do you think they are blocking people and recognizing if I would create a new account? Do they block by photos? Most likely it has to be by matching credit card names and running a query through a banned people database in their system.
Yes, they would match credit card names. So you could get back on, but you'd have to use a friend's credit card to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2017, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Match takes harassment very seriously. NO ONE wants to be subjected to such behavior - guy OR gal. Don't ever try to continue a conversation once someone makes it clear that they are not interested. Consider it a lesson learned.
The woman did not make it clear, though. She just stopped responding. It's only harassment if someone says "leave me alone" and you don't.

If someone doesn't reply, are they still around? What happened? Are they still alive? It's only reasonable for someone to contact them and ask, what happened? That is not harassment.

A lot of women have this problem: They can't be upfront and say "this isn't a good fit, but thanks". They play games, duck and hide. They even act this way with other women, as far as not being assertive.

Old 09-09-2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
Also, don't bother with using a friend's account. No girl will find it normal when your profile name is Tim but you're really Eric, and you're using a friend's account and when she asks why what is your answer going to be?
Most people don't use their real names on dating profiles.

Old 09-09-2017, 10:24 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,751,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
The woman did not make it clear, though. She just stopped responding. It's only harassment if someone says "leave me alone" and you don't.

If someone doesn't reply, are they still around? What happened? Are they still alive? It's only reasonable for someone to contact them and ask, what happened? That is not harassment.

A lot of women have this problem: They can't be upfront and say "this isn't a good fit, but thanks". They play games, duck and hide. They even act this way with other women, as far as not being assertive.

If a women is not responding then the guy is supposed to take the hint and move on.

Old 09-10-2017, 04:08 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times
What alternate universe is this where some woman "flakes" when they haven't met in real life? Step away from the keyboard and go meet people in real life.

Old 09-10-2017, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
If a women is not responding then the guy is supposed to take the hint and move on.
I agree, and personally, if someone doesn't respond I don't talk to them anymore.

But some people can't take those so-called "hints". They aren't able to play guessing games. Not everyone understands this. Is it really that hard for the woman to say "it's been nice talking to you, but I'm not interested." Especially through email. This woman was a passive-aggressive idiot.

Also, some people with Asberger's and other forms of autism don't understand games that neuro-typical people play.

But anyway, yes, OP, you can borrow a friend's credit card, get a new screen name/photo, even a different ISP if necessary, and go back on match.com and try again. Don't let them banning you, affect your chances to use the site.

Old 09-10-2017, 09:18 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,751,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I agree, and personally, if someone doesn't respond I don't talk to them anymore.

But some people can't take those so-called "hints". They aren't able to play guessing games. Not everyone understands this. Is it really that hard for the woman to say "it's been nice talking to you, but I'm not interested." Especially through email. This woman was a passive-aggressive idiot.

Also, some people with Asberger's and other forms of autism don't understand games that neuro-typical people play.

But anyway, yes, OP, you can borrow a friend's credit card, get a new screen name/photo, even a different ISP if necessary, and go back on match.com and try again. Don't let them banning you, affect your chances to use the site.
Actually when I was banned from OKCupid I just used a different credit card and different photo and was able to get back on with no problem.

Old 09-10-2017, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Actually when I was banned from OKCupid I just used a different credit card and different photo and was able to get back on with no problem.
Getting a new ISP is easy peasy, too.

Although I've never been banned from a dating site, I can imagine it happens quite often.

Anyway, a person dates as his/her own risk. And no dating site can minimize someone's risks in the dating world.

Old 09-10-2017, 10:57 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,929,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
What alternate universe is this where some woman "flakes" when they haven't met in real life? Step away from the keyboard and go meet people in real life.
This reminds me of some girl that works with my fiance. And this is the reason that I say not to get attached or treat those you met online dating, like they're your girlfriend/boyfriend already. ESPECIALLY when you've yet to meet them in person/go on a date. Too many people stick to ''Talking to one person at a time'', they start texting, talking on the phone, never even setting a date, then they wind up having a phoneship and never even meeting the person in real life. And before you know it, they wind up talking the other out of liking them, if not both of them talking each other out of liking them. And it especially happens when they don't live quite near each other, to the point where they can hop in the car and see the person relatively quickly.

This girl she works with, was ''Talking'' to this guy for weeks. He would like all of her posts on Facebook, she would do the same. They'd make lame updates about how they were ''Thinking about her'' or ''Him'' and then replying back to each other in the comments. They had been doing this for 2 or 3 weeks, never got around to meeting each other, now it's apparent that one of them has talked the other out of liking them, if they haven't both talked each other out of liking the other.

And all the while, she rejected some other guy because she was ''Talking to somebody'' who she never even met and this guy really liked her. In the meantime, he's been talking to a few other girls, and she tried giving him a chance, but it's too late now.

Old 09-11-2017, 12:19 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,453,459 times
Quit focusing on girlfriends. Get a social network together - friends of all types. Stop with the obsessing over "gotta get a girl - gotta get a girl". There's a whole world out there - IN THE WORLD - not in the screen. Go LIVE it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships