Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 10:52 AM

3 posts, read 2,664 times

Advertisements

Do you think a woman would look needly or desperate if she called a man that has not called her in 5 weeks? It would be good to know what happened. We dated for about a month and on that day he implied we were in a relationship and made all kinds of promises as to how we would handle the relationship. Granted the man might be scared of relationships because his wife cheated on him and then cleaned him out in the divorce 5 years ago.

I dont want to date him or anything because I believe that honesty and communication are essential in any relationship, but it really pisses me off that he made a lot of promises and asked me to wait patiently while he dealt with some work issues. The only time I have heard from him is when I initiate texting. If I confront it would have to be by talking to him. I am really pissed off because I trusted him and shared some very personal information.

I am the type of person that is hard to let go if someone did me wrong and until I discuss it with that person it continues to bother me. I go from wanting to let it go and forgetting about it, to needing to let him have it and its the back and forth mentality. I know that once I let him have I will be ok.

What do you think I should do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 10:57 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,616,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim150 View Post
Do you think a woman would look needly or desperate if she called a man that has not called her in 5 weeks? It would be good to know what happened. We dated for about a month and on that day he implied we were in a relationship and made all kinds of promises as to how we would handle the relationship. Granted the man might be scared of relationships because his wife cheated on him and then cleaned him out in the divorce 5 years ago.

I dont want to date him or anything because I believe that honesty and communication are essential in any relationship, but it really pisses me off that he made a lot of promises and asked me to wait patiently while he dealt with some work issues. The only time I have heard from him is when I initiate texting. If I confront it would have to be by talking to him. I am really pissed off because I trusted him and shared some very personal information.

I am the type of person that is hard to let go if someone did me wrong and until I discuss it with that person it continues to bother me. I go from wanting to let it go and forgetting about it, to needing to let him have it and its the back and forth mentality. I know that once I let him have I will be ok.

What do you think I should do?
I had a girl I met through coworkers and friends I worked with invite me over to a party and to try some wine.

We ended up being together for about two years.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:14 AM

4,043 posts, read 3,755,140 times
If you truly just want closure I don't see why not. I wouldn't go in thinking we would get back together. But if a guy did that to me I would just move on. I know how some will say anything to get into your pants.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:18 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,283,321 times
What do you really want to hear? I think you DO want to get back together but you'd likely be better off considering his rude behavior and the possibility you were a "rebound".

Get your own closure - you don't need a "story" from him that you won't accept anyway - you'll just keep asking for more and more of an explanation and won't be satisfied in the end.

Maybe guys are smarter about things (though still rude) - they make a decision and walk...women "decide" and then go back to the man hoping he'll talk her out of it!

Old 01-03-2016, 11:19 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,479,150 times
Quote:
Do you think a woman would look needly or desperate if she called a man that has not called her in 5 weeks? It would be good to know what happened. We dated for about a month and on that day he implied we were in a relationship and made all kinds of promises as to how we would handle the relationship.
Did you sleep with him?

And were all of these promises right before you went to bed for the first time?

Old 01-03-2016, 11:32 AM

3 posts, read 2,664 times
I never slept with him and he wasn't insinuating we should. It was not a rebound as he had had 2 previous girlfriends. I thought we were 2 mature adults making a decision. We are both in out 50's.

Yes, i cannot deny I still have feelings for him.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:34 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,713,073 times
Be wary of men who promise too much too soon. My sister met one of those and suffered and wasted 5 years. I wouldn't call, it sounds like he was not really honest with you.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:42 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,479,150 times
Quote:
I never slept with him and he wasn't insinuating we should. It was not a rebound as he had had 2 previous girlfriends. I thought we were 2 mature adults making a decision. We are both in out 50's.

Yes, i cannot deny I still have feelings for him.
Okay, so he just changed his mind. What difference does it make why? You were only dating a month, and you're not entitled to any big explanations. He just lost interest. It happens. Move on.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:51 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,766,074 times
Why the hell would you want him? If they don't show interest don't be desperate.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:54 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,103,864 times
You got your closure when he left and did not return, the signal that he does not want to be with you is pretty clear.
You are wasting time and energy on something that is trivial at best and you should have already moved forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships