Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 02:25 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCovenant View Post
I said hi to her and tried to engage her a bit, she wanted absolutely nothing to do with me. I was being my normal friendly self.

It was particularly disheartening because she was a Latina. Hispanic people always say I'm gorgeous in real life (they all think I'm from Spain or Puerto Rico)
So anyhoo.

How does the above example fit into all this "I'm really pretty much amazing IRL compared to just photos" stuff?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 02:26 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:

Mod cut: Copyright...just imagine Lazar, with his shirt open and a sultry, come hither look.
Ooooooooooo can we really?

Be right back...I...need a few minutes.

( ^ this is why I love mods)

Old 01-04-2016, 02:31 PM

52 posts, read 30,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
So anyhoo.

How does the above example fit into all this "I'm really pretty much amazing IRL compared to just photos" stuff?

Are you actually a woman or a gay man? Very surprised to see a woman who likes a guy that beefy

google instagram lazar angelov. You're welcome. He's a cool dude, with an ideal physique and I like his winning attitude. Hopefully I can get that big one day

Old 01-04-2016, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
So anyhoo.

I will say this, I'm very curious to see how well I do if I actually get some dates. I think I will dominate but if I get dates and the women aren't interested, then I REALLY have to go back to square one

Old 01-04-2016, 02:43 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,346,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
That wouldn't be honest. You have to be yourself.
Quote:
I just need some dates, I don't care how I go about getting them

I can be very charismatic in an isolated 1 on 1 situation like a date and I look very good in real life, I just don't get any opportunities
I only read these 2 posts. Timberline is right. Just as you see the potential of being able to narrow possibilities down to women with the traits you're looking for, those women have the same hope, and you'd be deceiving them. No good.

Old 01-04-2016, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
I only read these 2 posts. Timberline is right. Just as you see the potential of being able to narrow possibilities down to women with the traits you're looking for, those women have the same hope, and you'd be deceiving them. No good.

being an entertaining writer shouldn't be an important trait to dating. It is important because women get 58320528502353825025802582350 messages a day so they have to find every way imaginable to disqualify all the men who hit on them.

I'm trying to find a girlfriend, not trying to ace an English writing class.

The important traits should be

- is he/she nice/pleasant/friendly (which I am)
- is he/she intelligent/successful/ambitious (absolutely)
- is he/she a good person (loyal, caring, unselfish, supportive. etc....)
- is he/she attractive (which I believe i am)

Women are so ridiculous with these requirements that a man be a funny/entertaining writer online. What the hell does that have to do with someone being a good dating partner?

Old 01-04-2016, 03:03 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Couple shirtless pics a profile title "I'm a Hustler, Baby".

No need to write anything else.

You're welcome

Old 01-04-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
being an entertaining writer shouldn't be an important trait to dating. It is important because women get 58320528502353825025802582350 messages a day so they have to find every way imaginable to disqualify all the men who hit on them.

I'm trying to find a girlfriend, not trying to ace an English writing class.

The important traits should be

- is he/she nice/pleasant/friendly (which I am)
- is he/she intelligent/successful/ambitious (absolutely)
- is he/she a good person (loyal, caring, unselfish, supportive. etc....)
- is he/she attractive (which I believe i am)

Women are so ridiculous with these requirements that a man be a funny/entertaining writer online. What the hell does that have to do with someone being a good dating partner?

You don't appear to be an inept writer. I think that some women do seem to get a little demanding on line, but who tf wants to date a woman who makes you jump through grammatical and stylistic hoops to get her attention.

I assume that you read women's profiles to learn something about them. Interests, life experiences, that sort of thing. Write a profile that lets women see the same things about you. Post some pictures that show you doing the things you're interested in, where that makes sense.

A man or woman who is a great writer can use that genuine talent as a tool to attract people. However, a modestly skilled writer who is pleasant, successful, loyal and attractive, has a lot going for him or her. Show that.

Old 01-04-2016, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Couple shirtless pics a profile title "I'm a Hustler, Baby".

No need to write anything else.

You're welcome

Or this

Old 01-04-2016, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
You don't appear to be an inept writer. I think that some women do seem to get a little demanding on line, but who tf wants to date a woman who makes you jump through grammatical and stylistic hoops to get her attention.

I can write with perfect syntax and grammar but that's not what women want online. Women want the dancing clown who writes all kinds of nonsense to entertain.

Quote:
I assume that you read women's profiles to learn something about them. Interests, life experiences, that sort of thing. Write a profile that lets women see the same things about you. Post some pictures that show you doing the things you're interested in, where that makes sense.

That's what every other guy online does and they mostly get ignored in favor of the guy who can message something ridiculous and off the wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships