Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 03:01 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,913,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDothisoften View Post
Guys don't miss hints. I'll tell you why we don't respond to them often.

Because if a woman gives us what we perceive as a hint, and we respond to it- it then being revealed as NOT being a hint- then the woman gets angry and says what pigs guys are and how she was only being friendly. Not to mention possible sexual harassment charges and other things. If it goes wrong for us, the 6'1 200 pound man is going to be looked upon less favorably than the 5'3 120 pound woman. A random woman could do or say just about anything to a guy (if she's reasonably good looking) and the guy will never report her or drag her name through the mud because he's a guy and we like the attention. I had a female manager when I worked at Dunkin donuts who grabbed my butt once. Why'd she do that? Because she knows even though we didn't have that kind of relationship, that I wasn't gonna say anything. It didn't even bother me.

Women can just tell a guy what she wants, but as a general rule they won't. These "hints" get thrown out that if we misread (falsely ignore OR wrongly respond positively) we are bad guys. Is that a gamble you want to take? I sure don't.

You can be direct or adios
There's a joke somewhere in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 03:02 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,622,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Hints I've given that he never picked up on:

I say "These huge bags of cat litter are so heavy, I'm just going to least them here at the top of the basement steps."
His response: "okay." And lets them sit there for days.

I say "Yuck, the kitchen trash really stinks."
His response: "yeah it does" and sprays air freshener.

(Referring to all these catalogs that come in the mail) "I like to fold down the pages of the things I like, then if I ever decide to splurge, I'll remember what I liked."
His response (every Christmas and birthday): "You are so hard to shop for! I have no idea what to get you."

I put the pile of stuff he needs to take to work the next day on the table by the front door, with his car keys right on top.
His response: (emails me at work during the day) "Oh no! I forgot the ___! you should have reminded me!"

Some men are just unconscious about hints, even when they are glaringly obvious.
I cracked up.

Old 01-06-2016, 03:07 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,205,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I observed a woman talking to a store manager today.

Here is what I noticed...

She came in the store with her hair up in a bun.
She had on a long coat to her knees.
After the manage greets her she tells him a story on this project she is building. She hint it's hard for her to cut the wood and 1) doesn't want to ask her EX husband for help.
When the two of them come back up to the counter 2) her hair is now down and she's running her fingers through her hair with her head back.
Then when the manager asks if she needs anything else she says: 3) I have a bottle of wine. 4) My kids are at my Mom's and 5) I have this on... (She steps back and shows a red night gown under her coat.

"Good for you." "Those look comfy." The manager says. Lol!!

Ladies: What are some hints you sent or threw?

Guys: What hints have to missed?
I think this woman really needed help on her project - and thought sex could get her the help she needed. Had nothing to do with her wanting sex.

Women can get sex anytime they want without those stunts. Think of the nastiest woman you can imagine; now realize that yes, she too can get it anytime she wants without doing the aforementioned lol.

Old 01-06-2016, 03:08 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,535,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I observed a woman talking to a store manager today.

Here is what I noticed...

She came in the store with her hair up in a bun.
She had on a long coat to her knees.
After the manage greets her she tells him a story on this project she is building. She hint it's hard for her to cut the wood and 1) doesn't want to ask her EX husband for help.
When the two of them come back up to the counter 2) her hair is now down and she's running her fingers through her hair with her head back.
Then when the manager asks if she needs anything else she says: 3) I have a bottle of wine. 4) My kids are at my Mom's and 5) I have this on... (She steps back and shows a red night gown under her coat.

"Good for you." "Those look comfy." The manager says. Lol!!

Ladies: What are some hints you sent or threw?

Guys: What hints have to missed?

I just was assigned a new doctor at the veteran clinic/hospital at Travis Air Force Base in Fairfield CA ,
in which I was scheduled for a annual physical examination in early October 2015. I walk into the
examination room and this blonde MD had her hair ( not in a bun/but had a tie holding Her Hair into
a ponytail ) she took the tie off and put her head back and began the hair shaking routine and running
of her fingers through her hair. Gentlemen I didn't try anything because I didn't know what was going
thur her head, and what was going on in her head was the only thing that mattered. Now if a man calls
himself a real man he better learn a thing or two , in the government don't mess with higher up's and
with her being a MD if thing went south her words would've been the Bible , and I would've
been the let's say grass and she would've been the lawnmower...

I have seen a lot of women in CA walking around in theirs PJ's and I have seen women in NG's under theirs winters coats
but you are going to have to have a lot more justification in order to convince a JUDGE that she consented to you attempting
to be her LoveHer......lol

Old 01-06-2016, 03:18 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,285,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDothisoften View Post
Guys don't miss hints. I'll tell you why we don't respond to them often.

Because if a woman gives us what we perceive as a hint, and we respond to it- it then being revealed as NOT being a hint- then the woman gets angry and says what pigs guys are and how she was only being friendly. Not to mention possible sexual harassment charges and other things. If it goes wrong for us, the 6'1 200 pound man is going to be looked upon less favorably than the 5'3 120 pound woman. A random woman could do or say just about anything to a guy (if she's reasonably good looking) and the guy will never report her or drag her name through the mud because he's a guy and we like the attention. I had a female manager when I worked at Dunkin donuts who grabbed my butt once. Why'd she do that? Because she knows even though we didn't have that kind of relationship, that I wasn't gonna say anything. It didn't even bother me.

Women can just tell a guy what she wants, but as a general rule they won't. These "hints" get thrown out that if we misread (falsely ignore OR wrongly respond positively) we are bad guys. Is that a gamble you want to take? I sure don't.

You can be direct or adios
Yeah I'm the same way. A woman can't open her mouth and say she likes me then she isn't interested.

Old 01-06-2016, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Yeah I'm the same way. A woman can't open her mouth and say she likes me then she isn't interested.
Same. I need the guys-waving-the-huge-flashlights-directing-the-plane-to-land type signals. Or a written contract.

Old 01-06-2016, 03:32 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,285,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svendrell View Post
Same. I need the guys-waving-the-huge-flashlights-directing-the-plane-to-land type signals. Or a written contract.
Women make dating hard instead of being obvious they throws hints around and play games. Open your mouth or be gone.

Old 01-06-2016, 03:43 PM

I remember I stopped contacting a woman who wouldn't kiss on a first date. After the first date concluded and I was in my vehicle heading home, I thought to myself, well, she's not interested and on to the next one.

About three days went by and she contacted me, telling me she was interested and wondering why I didn't contact her. Yup, too many games sometimes.

Old 01-06-2016, 03:51 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,427,520 times
You have to be looking to solve a riddle in order to spot the hints, no?

Take the riddle out of the equation and their is no need to drop hints. Their is no mystery to solve or investigation to launch, it's all right their for everyone to notice.

Old 01-06-2016, 03:52 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,283,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svendrell View Post
I think this woman really needed help on her project - and thought sex could get her the help she needed. Had nothing to do with her wanting sex.

Women can get sex anytime they want without those stunts. Think of the nastiest woman you can imagine; now realize that yes, she too can get it anytime she wants without doing the aforementioned lol.
B.S.! Stop feeling sorry for yourself by thinking this way - if it were true YOU could go to the nastiest woman and "get some" whenever you want! Oh...something stops you? Yeah, that's what I thought...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships