Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 07:36 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missclutterbuck View Post
that's a good thing! I'm actually insulted that my friends won't set me up, although i don't know who they would set me up with.
Awwww

Having said that yes to an extent...... my male friends nope!!! But my female friends I would and have with good results

So best of luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 07:45 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
That's a good thing! I'm actually insulted that my friends won't set me up, although I don't know who they would set me up with.
But then when you meet them, you think how the hell is this a good match?

Then get depressed when it doesn't work out.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:11 PM

677 posts, read 933,604 times
Let's look at the flip side to not being in a relationship. As others have noted it does have it's positive points. You said you always shave your legs, well if your climate has cold winters like mine you wear pants all winter long so now you can give your legs a break from razors. Let your female friends help occupy your time, after all there's no need to wear makeup for your girlfriends, you don't have to fuss over your hair, you don't have to wear some sexy outfit to be appealing, most of all you can totally be yourself. You can do everything with female friends that you'd do with a man except have sex. You & your girlfriends can go to the movies, dinner, plays, concerts, etc. & you can totally be yourself. There's no man around to deal with his funky attitude when he's moody, no man to make demands on you, no man to get on your damn nerves, no man who can turn psycho on you, & no man to break your heart.
Maybe you'll find a new love someday, maybe not as I've observed people don't marry like they use to consequently we've got a huge population of spinsters, therefore find other love interest such as getting a puppy who'll love you unconditionally as long as you're good to him, or join a charity that interacts with helping people. There are always other options to fill your gaps. Good luck.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:20 PM

524 posts, read 521,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn_sweater View Post
I got separated one year and a half ago. I was madly in love with someone who told me he was not the guy to fall in love with and that he wouldn't be in a serious relationship until his son turned 18 (he's 12).
Well, he's now in a commited relationship with someone else, he's happy and complete with his new love.

Me, I tried to date again, went in three dates with someone that just wanted sex, and a couple more disastrous dates. All online dating.

I find myself sour and lonely now, missing a lover, a relationship, but not finding him. I wonder if there's people out the reliving without a romantic partner for a long time and how they deal with it.
The reason you are so desperate to find "love" is because you don't love yourself. You are empty inside and you are seeking a man to fill that empty void. The reason boards like this one exists is because people who don't know what love is are desperately seeking external validation to make themselves feel good.

Love yourself. Take yourself on dates. Get in touch with nature. Discover new things. Go to a museum or art gallery.

Once you build up your self esteem you will attract men like magnets.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:36 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
4th LOL you are fussy
Nah......they are or I realize ahead that they will be jerks.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:40 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,362,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn_sweater View Post
Oh no. I shave my legs regardless
If I'm not getting laid, not wearing a swimsuit or not wearing shorts or a skirt, I don't bother. In summertime, I wear a lot of floor-length maxi dresses

I'm very susceptible to skin infections, so a little nick shaving can be a real pain in the butt.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Nah......they are or I realize ahead that they will be jerks.
Sorry to hear that....... Maybe 5th time lucky?

Old 01-07-2016, 08:41 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times
Quote:

How do they go about setting you up?

I think it works best to just introduce people with no expectations.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
If I'm not getting laid, not wearing a swimsuit or not wearing shorts or a skirt, I don't bother. In summertime, I wear a lot of floor-length maxi dresses

I'm very susceptible to skin infections, so a little nick shaving can be a real pain in the butt.
Waxing?

Ps side note I KNOW just how much it hurts and my heart goes out to you poor women, I lost a bet years ago and had to do my chest after winding up my best female friend. I thought it would " sting " a little... LOL

Old 01-07-2016, 08:50 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,048 times
Quote:

I'll admit, I had a friend set me up in high school and I couldn't figure out why she thought this would be the guy for me, so maybe I should be glad no one wants to set me up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships