Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 09:22 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,406,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tht1guy View Post
I know girls have this reflex to be nice but it seems like I've been led on like all the time. This girl I work with is kind of cute. Like nice body ugly face cute ( the worst kind). And we've hung out a few times. I went back to her place and gave a few STRONG HINTS that I was into her and nothing. Then a few weeks ago I text her saying "If I told you ,you were cute would you hold it against me?" And she sent one of those " awe thanks" ( in a very Unenthusiastic way). And after that I haven't heard anything from her? And I work with her so I have to see her. She switched from saying hi to me to not even turning my direction. Like why go through all that trouble? If Women can be more upfront like " Just to let you know im not looking for a relationship just a friend" then that would work but when I send strong body language and she has no idea its like do I need to put it in writing???

I could be wrong but aren't we adults? if I don't like a girl I will tell her in a very kind manner she's not my type. But for some reason women tend to just not say anything while you fantasize about a relationship that will never happen.
You sure don't sound like an adult.

You say "girls" aren't honest, and yet you weren't honest in your question. Instead of just coming right out and telling her you liked her, you had to do it in a text, not-really-asking way so if she shot you down you could save face. Sounds like you are the one who can't be straight up and honest.

And the usual, don't make blanket generalizations about one gender, and women aren't girls so don't call them such.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:26 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,107,602 times
Quote:
calling a girl cute is crude?
It is when you clearly don't mean it at all and are only saying it hoping to get in her pants. The fact that you are now vilifying her while admitting that you also weren't honest with her about your intentions says a lot about what kind of person you are. Hint: It's not a good thing.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:38 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,591,540 times
Quote:
they were but not in a rude way geez!
Yet you said you can't repeat them here or you'll be infracted...

Old 01-07-2016, 11:09 PM

19,593 posts, read 20,032,152 times
Ugly or not, I'd never sleep w/ a dude who called me "cute"..

Old 01-08-2016, 12:29 AM

16 posts, read 12,169 times
Quote:
they were but not in a rude way geez!
They don't have to be rude to be inappropriate.

Old 01-08-2016, 12:40 AM

102,063 posts, read 106,896,974 times
Quote:
I know girls have this reflex to be nice but it seems like I've been led on like all the time. This girl I work with is kind of cute. Like nice body ugly face cute ( the worst kind). And we've hung out a few times. I went back to her place and gave a few STRONG HINTS that I was into her and nothing. Then a few weeks ago I text her saying "If I told you ,you were cute would you hold it against me?" And she sent one of those " awe thanks" ( in a very Unenthusiastic way). And after that I haven't heard anything from her? And I work with her so I have to see her. She switched from saying hi to me to not even turning my direction. Like why go through all that trouble? If Women can be more upfront like " Just to let you know im not looking for a relationship just a friend" then that would work but when I send strong body language and she has no idea its like do I need to put it in writing???

I could be wrong but aren't we adults? if I don't like a girl I will tell her in a very kind manner she's not my type. But for some reason women tend to just not say anything while you fantasize about a relationship that will never happen.
It's not exclusive to women. People are uncomfortable with confrontation. They don't want to make waves, so they do a fade-out. Men do this as well; they're afraid the woman they're blowing off will cry or get mad, so they simply avoid.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:59 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,543,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
It kinda sounds to me like you don't have a real interest in her, either, other than a standard male variety (i.e. you want to have sex with her). So, perhaps YOU could be more upfront with HER, instead of trying to give her the impression that you like her for more than that. Maybe she already realizes your interest in her is superficial, and THAT'S why she's "unenthusiastic." Women can usually detect when a man's interest is purely sexual.
This is my guess. Butterface knows perfectly well she's not "cute" so now she knows what you want from her.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:09 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,526,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
This is my guess. Butterface knows perfectly well she's not "cute" so now she knows what you want from her.
I'm not certain that she's a butterface, but even if she is, it doesn't sound like the OP had any better options.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:30 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,773,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I'm not certain that she's a butterface, but even if she is, it doesn't sound like the OP had any better options.
OP describes her as such, so that's really all we have to work with.

Regarding the OP: I hope you don't mean to imply that the woman was DIShonest, because she wasn't. She just wasn't as forthcoming about her feelings as you'd like, and that's hardly a crime. And while people will tell you that I definitely hold women responsible for a LOT more shady things than I do for men, I think that the particular offense in question ("dishonesty" by omission) is definitely more in men's wheelhouse. At the very least (as mentioned), it's certainly not limited to women's behavior. It just so happens that it's the women (or woman) that's frustrating you at the moment.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:32 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,543,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
nice body ugly face cute (the worst kind) = butterface

Not sure what "the worst kind" refers to, but it doesn't sound flattering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships