Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 08:03 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times

Advertisements

I don't understand how you can say you are an "upbeat, happy individual" and then talk about how much misery you are in.

Make up your mind!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2016, 08:31 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
So much THINKING and PONDERING and ANALYZING.

Seriously, you thought you saw a "crease" in the corner of her mouth?
And yet he says "I hadn't really paid that much attention to the woman."

Old 01-12-2016, 09:18 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse444 View Post
What part of half way decent looking don't you understand? I said I see women look at me. I never said they was wanting me. I guess some do? But they're not the sort of women I find attractive. I'm not looking for no 9's or 10's, but 9's and 10's do speak with me, I guess cause they know I'm not going to hit on them so why wouldn't they talk to me I'm just a Friendzone guy to them. I know what I am to them no since in making a fuss about it or getting bent out shape. They want the hot guys I understand this...

I know what I like and what I don't and I'm entitled to make my own choices like everyone else. I'm not going to settle it's my life to live and how I choose to live it. If that means never meeting anyone of value then so be it. So, yes no one likes me that I actually like, it's a fact of life I've learned over many years.

But I do appreciate your empathy and kind words. Thank you.
So, only women who are above your specific level of physical attractiveness have value? Is that what you mean by that?

Old 01-12-2016, 09:24 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
Quote:
Why, just the other day I was talking to this absolutely gorgeous knock out beauty. She wasn't getting the impression that your implying. We was being fun, engaging, flirtatious I guess you could say. I was teasing her and she was teasing back. Why she even held stopped and held the door for me as I was pulling a cart out, she didn't have to do that. We gave each other a friendly good bye and hope you have a great day send off. Now, does that sound anything like a person who's being viewed as a grump anti-social depressed poor me type? You really think a beauty such as her would be standing around shooting the **** with me if I was being anything like you just described. Ha Ha, I think we both know that would never be the case.
What WILL come across is the fact that you place a woman's value based on her looks. Most women will pick up on this very quickly and, unless you are drop-dead hot yourself, will judge you right back on it.

Old 01-12-2016, 12:41 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Just cause I say something here doesn't imply in the least that I walk around saying that stuff to others in person. Say for example I walked up to you, I'd be saying "hi, how are youuuuu" with a smile. I might start in with "How has your day been?" "Great" with a smile and throwing in a nod of agreement. I might then drift off into telling something I saw today or yesterday. I'm a pretty good story teller... So, don't make the mistake of believing I'm some sort of inept idiot who can't talk that strolls through life with the face of depression. I'm neither needy nor desperate! All in all i'm an upbeat happy individual and if you were to meet me in person that's exactly what you'd see. Why, just the other day I was talking to this absolutely gorgeous knock out beauty. She wasn't getting the impression that your implying. We was being fun, engaging, flirtatious I guess you could say. I was teasing her and she was teasing back. Why she even held stopped and held the door for me as I was pulling a cart out, she didn't have to do that. We gave each other a friendly good bye and hope you have a great day send off. Now, does that sound anything like a person who's being viewed as a grump anti-social depressed poor me type? You really think a beauty such as her would be standing around shooting the **** with me if I was being anything like you just described. Ha Ha, I think we both know that would never be the case.

Maybe you need to reassess your misconceptions and realize what I'm saying here has nothing to do with the way I carry myself in the real world. I'm not the unhappy depressed sad faced dope you think. I just have the courage to come on here and talk about things and share my thoughts. It's good to hear different perspectives and to learn of ways to improve one's self. It should never be taken as meaning someone who dislikes themselves, but that's what you're doing and it's a mistake to do so.

But it's all cool dude, no ill feelings. You know there are two kinds of people in the world there is the observer and the observed, most people are the latter. So, yea I notice little twirks in behavior that other people just don't get. I can tell if I'm annoying someone or they're a disinterested bore, a grouch who hates everything about the world. Sometimes, in fact many times I'll call them out on it. give them a little shake up wake up call saying 'Hey, slow down I'm talking to you" that usually grabs their attention and then I'll say "I just wanted to say Hi and say I hope your day is great" Most if not 100% of the time that usually brings a smile to their face. And what's so wrong with that? Most people like to know they're recognized and appreciated
LOL...may I recommend that you take a course in Psychology. Even 101 should be enough. Do that, come back here, read this post. I stand by what I said. You have no idea how you look to everyone else, but your "no one wants me" is like a lit up billboard sign above your head. The stuff that you just wrote is classic defense mechanism...and is really desperate, which is kind of gross. Anyway, I don't care enough about you for there to be any feelings, ill or otherwise. And no, you're not the "observer" that you think you are. The very fact that this thread exists is a testament to that.

Old 01-12-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
I'm not the unhappy depressed sad faced dope you think.
Ok... if you say so....

Quote:
Wow you got that far? Heck mine was over at 17. If I had known then what the next two decades was to be like, I'd found a tall bridge. But it's too late for that now, so I do what I can to help others not meet a similar miserable fate as I've know. I guess if I can help one person not end up like me, then maybe my life will have accounted for something in the end.

Old 01-12-2016, 04:56 PM

216 posts, read 212,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Ok... if you say so....
Yes I say so

Old 01-12-2016, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
LOL...may I recommend that you take a course in Psychology. Even 101 should be enough. Do that, come back here, read this post. I stand by what I said. You have no idea how you look to everyone else, but your "no one wants me" is like a lit up billboard sign above your head. The stuff that you just wrote is classic defense mechanism...and is really desperate, which is kind of gross. Anyway, I don't care enough about you for there to be any feelings, ill or otherwise. And no, you're not the "observer" that you think you are. The very fact that this thread exists is a testament to that.
You're funny but totally in error. But you go on believing whatever you like hot rod. You think those actors in the movies are anything like the people they portray. Ha, Ha. "All the world's a stage" - Shakespeare.

Old 01-12-2016, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
What WILL come across is the fact that you place a woman's value based on her looks. Most women will pick up on this very quickly and, unless you are drop-dead hot yourself, will judge you right back on it.
I wasn't talking to her because of her appearance, she's a good person. My co-worker drools over her whereas I just see her as fellow human being. I didn't say I was blind to her looks, but her looks don't matter to me. Once my co-worker was just going gaga over her saying how cute she was, isn't she just cute. He was being a little annoying with it and I thought it might make her feel uncomfortable. He pointed to her standing right over top of her saying to me "isn't she cute, look how cute she is" right to her face. I looked her straight in the eyes, and said "Yes, she's cute", then I looked to him and said "Lots of people are cute now move along". She knows her looks hold no power over me, but I do like talking to the person she is. She's a nice person. You know what our conversation was about? I hadn't seen her in a couple of months and she called me over. We just talked about ordinary stuff and she mentioned how she had been sick with bronchitis. We shared some stories about this and that nothing really exciting to tell. I have these sort of conversations daily with the young, the old, the super attractive and the not so attractive.

I just see the person that's it. Sorry, to debunk your theory.

Old 01-12-2016, 06:01 PM

So are you pretending to be happy, or pretending to be sad? Unclear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships