Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 06:14 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse444 View Post
I wasn't talking to her because of her appearance, she's a good person. My co-worker drools over her whereas I just see her as fellow human being. I didn't say I was blind to her looks, but her looks don't matter to me. Once my co-worker was just going gaga over her saying how cute she was, isn't she just cute. He was being a little annoying with it and I thought it might make her feel uncomfortable. He pointed to her standing right over top of her saying to me "isn't she cute, look how cute she is" right to her face. I looked her straight in the eyes, and said "Yes, she's cute", then I looked to him and said "Lots of people are cute now move along". She knows her looks hold no power over me, but I do like talking to the person she is. She's a nice person. You know what our conversation was about? I hadn't seen her in a couple of months and she called me over. We just talked about ordinary stuff and she mentioned how she had been sick with bronchitis. We shared some stories about this and that nothing really exciting to tell. I have these sort of conversations daily with the young, the old, the super attractive and the not so attractive.

I just see the person that's it. Sorry, to debunk your theory.
Nope, you are a perfect example of what I was talking about
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2016, 06:20 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,723,072 times
Quote:
You're funny but totally in error. But you go on believing whatever you like hot rod. You think those actors in the movies are anything like the people they portray. Ha, Ha. "All the world's a stage" - Shakespeare.
Says the guy who rattles on for a page about some girl he likes but is too chicken to do anything other than notice twitches around her mouth.

Old 01-12-2016, 07:30 PM

216 posts, read 212,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Says the guy who rattles on for a page about some girl he likes but is too chicken to do anything other than notice twitches around her mouth.
Not chicken I just don't care, I was only curious what other peoples thoughts were sorry for asking. I didn't know talking about something was so taboo on here. I guess what's important here on CD is belittling posters and mocking them rather than giving them assistance.

I'll just say in closing that I have no idea what the deal is and don't really care at this point. She's likable but she's the kind of person most of you would look down upon with great disgust. Maybe I just happen to see the better person that lay within and not judge her by her appearance.

Old 01-12-2016, 08:18 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,716,485 times
Quote:
I'll just say in closing that I have no idea what the deal is and don't really care at this point. She's likable but she's the kind of person most of you would look down upon with great disgust. Maybe I just happen to see the better person that lay within and not judge her by her appearance.
So wait. Is she cute or disgusting?

It is possible for you to stop completely contradicting yourself? Your act is so bizarre.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:10 PM

216 posts, read 212,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
So wait. Is she cute or disgusting?

It is possible for you to stop completely contradicting yourself? Your act is so bizarre.
My opinion is of no importance. I'm just saying I know what other people say when they see someone like her. None of this really matters any more anyway, I got it all figured out now. I'll more than likely run into her next week and I realize she was only being nice, nothing more to it. I can't explain why she was so quick to tell me her age when I asked. I can't explain why she asked me who I liked running for President (that's a question I don't even ask close friends). I can't explain why she looks at me so intensily when I'm speaking with her. I can't explain why she walked up to me to ask if I was going to fix something she could easily see I was already doing, and then repeat the same question after I already showed her that's what I was doing. Yes, it was that obvious... And I can't explain how for the last two weeks I threw out the same phrase "It's good to see you again" to 12-15 differnet women and all they could say was "Thanks" or "You Too". When her reply had been "It's good to see you too". Puzzles the crap out of me but I just don't care anymore. She's too young for me anyway I'm 14 years her senior and I'm pretty certain she's got herself a live-in boyfriend. In the end I think she's just a really nice person who gets greatly misjudged by her appearance because that's what most people do with people that look like her. They never see the person within, no wonders people like her call all of us others Labels. We are labels always conforming to what others think we should look like instead of being true to our individuality.

I'm done but I thank you for your generous help

Old 01-12-2016, 10:18 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,436,394 times
Quote:
Maybe I just happen to see the better person that lay within and not judge her by her appearance.
And yet you claim to be able to judge an entire room of women just by looking at them and know not a single one there would be interesting to you.

Old 01-13-2016, 04:43 AM

332 posts, read 294,477 times
Quote:
In the end I think she's just a really nice person who gets greatly misjudged by her appearance because that's what most people do with people that look like her.
Are you implying she's physically unattractive? You are all over the place. You think it would be crazy for someone to be attracted/interested in you but yet you make a thread about how annoyed you are that girls show signs of interest. You're not an oberserver, you just have the tendency to scrutinize every little interaction, especially with this woman. And you're very defensive, many members have tried giving you constructive criticism with your behavior but all you do is shoot them down and try to defend yourself to death. Has it occured to you that these people may actually have a point? And what's the reason for constantly trying to depict 2-3 mins of interaction every few months? I don't know what you were expecting to hear from us. "Oh yes, she definitely wants you. That little crease on her face says it all."

Like come on, be real for a minute here. Btw, I think it's pretty ironic that you hate on people who judge.. as you seem rather judgemental yourself.

Last edited by natiam; 01-13-2016 at 04:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships