Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2016, 06:15 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,748,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
That is not always true. In fact, it's USUALLY not true.
Ok, whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2016, 01:22 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,383,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
I was reading the thread and trying to understand the OP.
7 pages in we find out he's in his 40's and she's not only 23 but also from one of those countries.

Dude didn't you see this coming?
Why do you have to go looking in a 3rd world country for a woman? That's like rummaging in the neighbors trash to find a freshly baked cake. Now you're married to her and have to find a way to divorce her while keeping your assets.

I sincerely hope you're not sending money overseas to her family or giving her a bunch of money to do that.
In the meantime just ignore her. She's not to be taken seriously anyways.

Lesson learned.
Sometimes AB_ (e.g. ABCs - American Born Chinese, ABTs - American Born Thais, etc) are encouraged to look to the Motherland for a mate. The idea being, the "pure" essence, uncontaminated by American mentality, etc. Sort of a joke, I know ... but it happens a lot.

Old 01-19-2016, 01:43 PM

53 posts, read 36,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
You're the reason she is nagging you.

Behind every nagging women is a man not doing what he's supposed to do.
What garbage. Nagging is mean, spiteful and disrespectful; in other words, completely contrary to any principle of love. It's also not cultural unique, it's a character trait even noted in the passages in the Old Testament:

"Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and nagging wife." Proverbs 21:19

And therein is your answer to dealing with it to: avoid it and don't expose yourself to it. Pavlov's Dog approach, if she wants you around, insist on a peaceful household. If not, disappear and making those durations longer and longer as necessary to achieve your peace, whether at home or elsewhere.

Old 01-19-2016, 01:53 PM

880 posts, read 1,250,535 times
"Behind every nagging women is a man not doing what he's supposed to do."

This forum is good for many things, but not relationship advise. If anyone thinks that doing "what you're supposed to do" will get her off his back they are either delusional or a woman. More likely outcome is her getting even angrier when she has to work harder at finding a reason to release her frustrations, that are not likely related to him in the first place.

Old 01-19-2016, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankmoody View Post
What garbage. Nagging is mean, spiteful and disrespectful; in other words, completely contrary to any principle of love. It's also not cultural unique, it's a character trait even noted in the passages in the Old Testament:

"Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and nagging wife." Proverbs 21:19

And therein is your answer to dealing with it to: avoid it and don't expose yourself to it. Pavlov's Dog approach, if she wants you around, insist on a peaceful household. If not, disappear and making those durations longer and longer as necessary to achieve your peace, whether at home or elsewhere.

Learn humor. Learn sarcasm.

This day and age with both spouses working outside the house, then both have responsibilities in the house.

Old 01-19-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post

Learn humor. Learn sarcasm.

This day and age with both spouses working outside the house, then both have responsibilities in the house.

Nice try to deflect and attempting to walk it back. And even using sarcasm to discuss intergender relations is often unwelcome these days.

They say the test for sexist comments is just simply switching the genders of the alleged offensive statement to see if it would have the same communicative effect. Thus, in your case I think most women would agree that that test would result in "joke" promoting verbally abuse conduct: "Behind every nagging man is a woman not doing wha she’s supposed to do”

You should know better.

Old 01-19-2016, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Nice try to deflect and attempting to walk it back. And even using sarcasm to discuss intergender relations is often unwelcome these days.

They say the test for sexist comments is just simply switching the genders of the alleged offensive statement to see if it would have the same communicative effect. Thus, in your case I think most would agree that that test would result in many women agreeing that would be considered verbally conduct: "Behind every nagging man is a woman not doing wha she’s supposed to do”

You should know better.
Are you always this offensive and boorish? Or just stuck in the 50s. Last time I checked marriage was about being equals. If you're not upholding your end of the marriage expect to be overhauled. It isn't sexism like you feebly try to assert.

It is clearly you who needs to know better.

Old 01-19-2016, 03:27 PM

I think the OP was about a nagging spouse, my response was about an offensive statement you made. I made no commentary on household responsibilities and respective spousal roles.

Own it. Take responsibility for crass offensive statements made in jest, regardless of intent.

Old 01-19-2016, 03:28 PM

15,066 posts, read 10,083,448 times
If someone posted "a woman should know her place..." it would garner equal criticism. So while sarcasm may be intended, that intention wasn't conveyed clearly.

Old 01-19-2016, 03:38 PM

Quote:
I think the OP was about a nagging spouse, my response was about an offensive statement you made. I made no commentary on household responsibilities and respective spousal roles.

Own it. Take responsibility for crass offensive statements made in jest, regardless of intent.
You are the one making the offensive statements. This is not the 1950s. But thanks for trying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships