Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2016, 03:44 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
You're the reason she is nagging you.

Behind every nagging women is a man not doing what he's supposed to do.
Wrong.

Women nag because of a psychological fulfillment.

If a woman truly wants a man to get something done all they have to do is make it their problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2016, 03:55 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Wrong.

Women nag because of a psychological fulfillment.

If a woman truly wants a man to get something done all they have to do is make it their problem.
I love how people paint women with a broad brush.

Not always, sport.

Old 01-19-2016, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I love how people paint women with a broad brush.

Not always, sport.
Nagging is in one's personality. Either they nag or they don't

There's plenty of woman that do not nag. There are better ways to communicate.

Old 01-19-2016, 04:09 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,719,822 times
Default Lol ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerdhamme View Post
My wife used to be easygoing, and a real pleasure to be with. However, for about a year now she's gradually become really annoying. She nags every day about one thing or another, mostly really petty stuff. It's gotten to the point now where I'm considering limiting my time with her. But I don't want to have to do that because it probably won't help in the long run. But it's irritating the hell out of me and I don't know how much longer I can take it.
The habit of nagging is not exclusive to women. My suggestion is get a great set of headphones and load your iphone (or other device of choice) full of really great music and only take off your head phones off when necessary. It helps me block out annoying behaviour !

Or ... second options .. when she nags redirect the conversation ... ex. Wow you look so cute when you do that and give her a big hug/ kiss or both. She will be so confused she will likely become speachless ! It works for me !

Old 01-19-2016, 04:13 PM

53 posts, read 36,389 times
Quote:
Nagging is in one's personality. Either they nag or they don't

There's plenty of woman that do not nag. There are better ways to communicate.
Yes, you are correct. And in order to avoid this becoming gender issue (as some will definitely want to make it out to be one so as to call in the mods to close thread for gender bashing), keep it on communication style.

Men nag in the same sense as they complain, are crankly, bitter, b*tch, yell, etc.

But it fundamentally is a mean spirited way of communicating with someone you supposedly love to motivate them to comply your demands.... "just do what I say", as if you own them.

It's a verbally abusive power trip, regardless what gender is on the receiving end, and it must be condemned as inhumane behavior.

Last edited by hankmoody; 01-19-2016 at 04:26 PM..

Old 01-19-2016, 04:16 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
Now you know why some men are never home, at the office, on the golf course or work on their cars in the garage. Good luck. She could be setting the stage for a divorce. If this is relatively new, its quite possible she's found a new potential ex-husband.

Old 01-19-2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankmoody View Post
Yes, you are correct. And in order to avoid this becoming gender issue (as some will definitely want to make it out to be one so as to call in the mods to close thread for gender bashing), keep it on communication style.

Men nag in the same sense as they complain, are crankly, bitter, b*tch, yell, etc.

But it fundamentally is a mean spirited way of communicating with someone you supposedly love to motivate them to comply your demands.... "just do what I say", as if you own them.

It's a verbally abusive power trip, regardless what gender is on the receiving end, and it must be condemned as inhumane behavior.
No gender bashing. Agreed that there is a power trip demeaning element to it all.

It's a personality trait I could never live with.

Old 01-19-2016, 04:46 PM

53 posts, read 36,389 times
Quote:
It's a personality trait I could never live with.
Tempers, b*tchy attitudes, and complainers/naggers are all "red flags" and deal breakers for me, and not just for dating and relationships, for socializing and friendship potential too.

And the funny thing is, many times you don't even have to speak with these types to confirm, they wear it boldly like it's a badge of honor.... "This is who I am, and I"m letting you know up front that this attitude comes with the package." IMHO, it doesn't matter how inviting that offer is, I'm not interested in that train wreck waiting to happen... not that desperate for companionship

Old 01-19-2016, 04:49 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,683,923 times
Women usually don't become nags without a reason. Might want to check yourself.

Old 01-19-2016, 04:56 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
Here's a novel ****ing concept, listen to the complaint. Anyone who uses their brains for anything other than keeping their tympanic membranes from imploding they can differentiate between whining and a legitimate complaint.

Other novel concept, boys and men, do the dishes without being asked or prompted. Or clean the bathroom. Do it, don't say anything and see what happens. Mop the floors or vacuum.

No man has even been shot doing the dishes. Just sayin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships