Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 03:26 PM

52 posts, read 47,308 times

Advertisements

My wife used to be easygoing, and a real pleasure to be with. However, for about a year now she's gradually become really annoying. She nags every day about one thing or another, mostly really petty stuff. It's gotten to the point now where I'm considering limiting my time with her. But I don't want to have to do that because it probably won't help in the long run. But it's irritating the hell out of me and I don't know how much longer I can take it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2016, 03:28 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,566,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerdhamme View Post
My wife used to be easygoing, and a real pleasure to be with. However, for about a year now she's gradually become really annoying. She nags every day about one thing or another, mostly really petty stuff. It's gotten to the point now where I'm considering limiting my time with her. But I don't want to have to do that because it probably won't help in the long run. But it's irritating the hell out of me and I don't know how much longer I can take it.
How long have you been taking it?

Need more info if you really want help. If you just want to rant, make a blog.

Old 01-09-2016, 03:28 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,579,213 times
Quote:
What happened to "for better or worse?"

Communication with her might help.

Old 01-09-2016, 03:33 PM

5,290 posts, read 5,195,109 times
Maybe she has a lot to nag about.

11,755 posts, read 11,943,473 times
You thought to post here and comunicate with us, but not communicate with her?

102,063 posts, read 106,896,974 times
Have you told her you've noticed an alarming change in her personality, and are concerned as to her physical and emotional health? If not, the time to do so is now.

She may be depressed. You don't say how old you two are, but she may be going through hormonal changes. She may be sleeping poorly. We can't help you, you'll have to talk to her, and possibly get some couples counseling, if it's not a health-related problem.

And how about you? Has your behavior changed at all? Are you still carrying out the chores and attending to repairs, etc. in a timely manner, as (presumably) before? If you don't give her anything to nag about, she can't nag. If your domestic scene is in such disarray that minor stuff is always coming up, you should attend to that.

Old 01-09-2016, 03:35 PM

52 posts, read 47,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Have you told her you've noticed an alarming change in her personality, and are concerned as to her physical and emotional health? If not, the time to do so is now.

She may be depressed. You don't say how old you two are, but she may be going through hormonal changes. She may be sleeping poorly. We can't help you, you'll have to talk to her, and possibly get some couples counseling, if it's not a health-related problem.
Yes I've talked to her many times. There's nothing wrong with her health.

Old 01-09-2016, 03:35 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,589,513 times
You're the reason she is nagging you.

Behind every nagging women is a man not doing what he's supposed to do.

Old 01-09-2016, 03:36 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,450,963 times
Quote:
Well has the nagging got anything to do with YOU? We've all had nagging partners mate but more often than not its us that have drove them to it

Have you actually talked to her about it? ( i know you probably don't want to get nagged at LOL ) but worth at least trying it.

Old 01-09-2016, 03:37 PM

102,063 posts, read 106,896,974 times
Quote:
Yes I've talked to her many times. There's nothing wrong with her health.
So, what's provoking it? Have you asked her? What has she said in response to your "many" talks?

Have you slacked off on your share of the chores? Have you been neglectful of your personal hygiene? What's going on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships