Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 02:31 AM

11 posts, read 7,469 times

Advertisements

I enjoy acting, singing (including writing songs, recording etc), producing music, boxing, drawing, going to the gym and various other hobbies/interests. A couple of these i am trying to find ways of earning money in, and things are looking good. I have never had a girl tell me these are dealbreakers - in fact having many hobbies turns women on and it's better than having very few, or boring passions and interests and not being busy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 07:14 PM

177 posts, read 365,292 times
As mentioned, anything taken to extreme but for me it's sports. I'm not saying all guys are like this, but a guy who knows every statistic but needs to be reminded about everyday things would be a deal breaker. A guy who takes the love for his team so seriously that he'd get into a fight over a deragatory comment made about his team would make me run away as fast as I could.

Old 01-14-2016, 01:03 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,671,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redallen View Post
As mentioned, anything taken to extreme but for me it's sports. I'm not saying all guys are like this, but a guy who knows every statistic but needs to be reminded about everyday things would be a deal breaker. A guy who takes the love for his team so seriously that he'd get into a fight over a deragatory comment made about his team would make me run away as fast as I could.
Me too. I would never be drawn to or in an environment of this type in the first place, but this sort of behavior is conditioned to be overly competitive, coupled with an individual's violent temperament. It appears to be a certain personality, not to be confused with one who may have an interest in a game, but who does not flip out over it.

Old 01-14-2016, 05:19 AM

146 posts, read 91,882 times
To not date someone because they listen to an extremely mainstream music genre, hip hop, just seems ignorant and like thinly veiled racism.

Anyway, I won't date a women who doesn't have hobbies. I know one too many women that outside of the Kardashians and shopping, don't have much going on.

Old 01-14-2016, 12:40 PM

15,794 posts, read 20,487,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
People mostly hunt to put meat in their freezer. The vast majority. They're doing itself, you're feeling superior for paying someone to do the dirty work. That's not right.
Bingo

You are literally paying someone to do the dirty work for you so that you can look down on someone who goes out and collects their meat on their own.

Hunting is wrong...pass me a hamburger.

Old 01-14-2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Bingo

You are literally paying someone to do the dirty work for you so that you can look down on someone who goes out and collects their meat on their own.

Hunting is wrong...pass me a hamburger.
Agreed. Maybe they meant trophy hunting?

Old 01-14-2016, 12:57 PM

2,362 posts, read 1,923,282 times
I would advise against dating ANYONE who has a problem WITH YOU having hobbies

So many divorced men I know who say the same thing "now I can play hockey again...now I can pick the guitar back up...I cant wait to get back into dirt biking"
I always ask WTF and then they say "oh I gave it up, no time, she didn't make me"...BULLSHIRT...she sure as hell did...indirectly maybe, but she DID you...you...phew calm down...count to 20...phew

Old 01-14-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
I would advise against dating ANYONE who has a problem WITH YOU having hobbies

So many divorced men I know who say the same thing "now I can play hockey again...now I can pick the guitar back up...I cant wait to get back into dirt biking"
I always ask WTF and then they say "oh I gave it up, no time, she didn't make me"...BULLSHIRT...she sure as hell did...indirectly maybe, but she DID you...you...phew calm down...count to 20...phew
The happy wife happy life saying is complete nonsense.

The moment you give up what made you, you, just to appease her complaining about how you spend your time, is the same moment that your marriage started sliding into dead bedroom status and potentially into failure.

Old 01-14-2016, 01:11 PM

282 posts, read 236,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Well surely, many Grandmas would be available.

Just kidding, but to mention, some men do not work on cars, do carpentry, repairs, etc., where some women are into flipping houses, helping to tear down and do DIY projects as shown on HGTV ("Home & Garden" channel). This does not mean that women who may do this are unfeminine. I think women may refrain from mentioning they use tools, put up blinds, shades, decorative curtain rods, etc., due to men conjuring up visions, assuming and judging. I have known men who could not even hang things on walls, but some men are great cooks. People possess different leanings or skills, I don't think we should assign specifics to either gender, especially in this day and age.
Your joke is a sentiment that most people don't joke about when I talk about my interest in "old fashioned" women. It's honestly pretty sickening to see such a dramatic disconnect.

At the end of the day, it's still a question about what I like. And that's what I like. I absolutely do love a woman that fits the stereotypical female gender role. The thing is you mention putting up window coverings as an example, which I don't think is unfeminine at all. But if she's cutting out 2x4's and framing up a new wall, I'd be deeply hesitant. Especially if she casts off other feminine traits/interests. Some guys love a woman that can get under the hood of a car and know what she's doing. I don't.

Old 01-14-2016, 01:13 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,010,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post

People mostly hunt to put meat in their freezer. The vast majority. They're doing itself, you're feeling superior for paying someone to do the dirty work. That's not right.
"That's not right"?

Really?

The vast, VAST majority of "hunters" that I have met do it for the sport of it. It's not about getting the venison, it's about getting the trophy buck in the process.

It's about the sport, the "fun" of it all.

Yeah, I don't get it, and never will.

Therefore, I exercise my right to say "no" to those who find their jollies in hunting. Simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships