Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 05:23 PM

9 posts, read 7,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
The OP might not have enough life experience to realize how stressful and drama-filled life can be regardless of relationship status.

Being all alone is fine when things are going well, but during times of pain and suffering, it's nice to have someone at your side. Actually, it's pretty nice to have someone at your side when things are going well too. In my opinion, anyway.
Someone with a little life experience, even if just by watching others, knows that most of the times when everything os going wrong in your life, the people in it usually make it worse.

Old 01-14-2016, 05:35 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,904,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbur View Post
Someone with a little life experience, even if just by watching others, knows that most of the times when everything os going wrong in your life, the people in it usually make it worse.
You must have come from a very screwed up family and relationship background if that is what you have experienced. There's a whole other world out there where people actually help each other out when they are struggling.

BTW, 24 years old, is definitely "just a little life experience". Maybe you should wait until you actually have some significant life experience before you make your final judgment calls.

Old 01-14-2016, 06:36 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,160,393 times
Quote:
Well, sounds like you already know everything about life and relationships! Best of luck to you!

Old 01-14-2016, 07:20 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,357,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
You must have come from a very screwed up family and relationship background if that is what you have experienced. There's a whole other world out there where people actually help each other out when they are struggling.

BTW, 24 years old, is definitely "just a little life experience". Maybe you should wait until you actually have some significant life experience before you make your final judgment calls.
That's a laugh, pffft! I've expressed my concern about the lack of my love life to people, including family and they don't seem to care

Old 01-14-2016, 07:56 PM

615 posts, read 665,841 times
Quote:
I'm a 24 year old guy and relationships never appealed to me. I was always very focused on my personal achievements, I wasn't the popular guy in high school, my looks are average, my parents aren't rich and I never had lots of success in sports.

I have nothing against people who are in relationships, everyone knows what's best for them but to me the perfect life would be having a house of my own, full of books and a couple of German shepherds.

I go out for drinks and dinners with friends but nothing makes me stray from my personal goals. I have no baggage, no ex-girlfriend drama or traumas from toxic relationships. It's just me and myself.

I obviously never had sex or been kissed. Even though I'm curious about that, I don't like the endless troubles that might come with that.
This was confusing to read because the thread title reads "Anything wrong with giving up relationships for good in your 20s?"

Shouldn't the title read something like "Anything wrong with avoiding the development of interpersonal relationship skills in your 20's?"

No.
People in their 70's & 80's all over america don't have these skills.
You will be much better off with them, however. Relationships are everything.

Old 01-15-2016, 08:41 AM

103 posts, read 69,222 times
Quote:
You speak the truth thats why I don't listen to women on here there all a bunch of Alice's in wonderland.

Old 01-15-2016, 09:11 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,160,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by torn apart View Post
You speak the truth thats why I don't listen to women on here there all a bunch of Alice's in wonderland.
You mean we have tea parties with mad hatters and follow rabbits down holes? Or do you mean that we drink things that make us either really big or really small? I'm just trying to figure out how I'm like Alice in Wonderland.

Old 01-15-2016, 09:13 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,943,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
You mean we have tea parties with mad hatters and follow rabbits down holes? Or do you mean that we drink things that make us either really big or really small? I'm just trying to figure out how I'm like Alice in Wonderland.

I kind of picture the cute ones here to be like Kristine DeBell's portrayal of Alice in Wonderland. Fantastically sexy.

Old 01-15-2016, 09:38 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,904,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by torn apart View Post
That's why you and the other poster are better off not associating with others.

Old 01-15-2016, 09:41 AM

103 posts, read 69,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
That's why you and the other poster are better off not associating with others.
No that's why me and the op are the only sane people on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.