Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 06:35 PM

290 posts, read 567,753 times

Advertisements

My husband doesnt want to live with my family anymore. Weve been living in my house for over a year now. We live with my mom, my sis and her son. My husband is a clean freak. He wants everything neat and clean or he gets really frustrated. My nephew who is 9 years old keeps the house messy. He eats evywhere, lives food evwrywhere and doesnt clean after himself. My husband wants us to move with his parents until we save enough to buy our own house.

We want to get our own place but at this time were still saving. Its my house but I cant kick out my family. Im really confused because I feel like Im torn in the middle. Also, were expecting our first baby in a few months. Please advice! Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2016, 06:39 PM

22,587 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missganda View Post
We want to get our own place but at this time were still saving. Its my house but I cant kick out my family. Im really confused because I feel like Im torn in the middle. Also, were expecting our first baby in a few months. Please advice! Thanks.
Sell that house and use the proceeds to get that house you are saving for sooner.

Why can't you ask your relatives to move?

Old 01-10-2016, 06:39 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,283,162 times
I assume money prevents you getting your own place, as the choices appear to be yours or his family. In either case that's tough, and it really depends who can handle the in-laws better.

Also a tough one, but if it is your house (and by default your husbands?), who comes first? Something has to give. Without knowing any history, or truly the current overall situation, IMO once you were married your husband should be #1. Now if he first agreed to these living arrangements and is changing his tune, then he has some explaining to do. Other than that, hard to expect him to keep putting up living not with his family.

Old 01-10-2016, 06:41 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missganda View Post
My husband doesnt want to live with my family anymore. Weve been living in my house for over a year now. We live with my mom, my sis and her son. My husband is a clean freak. He wants everything neat and clean or he gets really frustrated. My nephew who is 9 years old keeps the house messy. He eats evywhere, lives food evwrywhere and doesnt clean after himself. My husband wants us to move with his parents until we save enough to buy our own house.

Kick your family out or your husbands leaving to his parents.

Sounds like you are being used if it's your place.

Old 01-10-2016, 06:43 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
For God's sake, and for the sake of your marriage, move into an apartment. Rent a house if you have to. But get out.

Old 01-10-2016, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Sell that house and use the proceeds to get that house you are saving for sooner.

Why can't you ask your relatives to move?
I cant . I lost my dad a few years ago and I promised him I will take care of my family especially my mom. Ive been taking care of my family for many years since I started making money. Its just hard for me to just ask them to live knowing they have nowhere to go.

Old 01-10-2016, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I assume money prevents you getting your own place, as the choices appear to be yours or his family. In either case that's tough, and it really depends who can handle the in-laws better.

Also a tough one, but if it is your house (and by default your husbands?), who comes first? Something has to give. Without knowing any history, or truly the current overall situation, IMO once you were married your husband should be #1. Now if he first agreed to these living arrangements and is changing his tune, then he has some explaining to do. Other than that, hard to expect him to keep putting up living not with his family.
We agreed that were gonna live at my house for 3 years until we save enough money to buy another house. But lately hes been telling me that he cant anymore and that its getting harder for him to live with my family.

Old 01-10-2016, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
For God's sake, and for the sake of your marriage, move into an apartment. Rent a house if you have to. But get out.
I offered that suggestion but he did not want to. He said we cant save if we have to pay expensive rent on top of us paying the house. We also give money to his parents to help them financially. And with the baby coming were getting more expenses.

Old 01-10-2016, 07:05 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
If it's your house set down ground rules for your family that lives there. If you are supporting them the least they can do is keep the house clean.

Your mom and sister should have no problem keeping up after 1 child. And by 9 years old the child is old enough to clean up after himself.

Old 01-10-2016, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
If it's your house set down ground rules for your family that lives there. If you are supporting them the least they can do is keep the house clean.

Your mom and sister should have no problem keeping up after 1 child. And by 9 years old the child is old enough to clean up after himself.
My mom and I always keeps reminding him to clean after himself. Teach him what he has to do but hes too stubborn and only listen to his mom. Another reason why my husband hates living with him. He hears him answers back to me and my mom. We try to discipline him but hes just to stubborn and hes not my kid so my mom and I cant do anything much. My sister doesnt do anything. I dont know if its because shes a single parent that she feels bad hurting his son.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships