Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 11:37 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,334,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Damaged. She's doing you a favor.... Move along now.
This, multiple times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2016, 11:43 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
What did your text say, the one she said "no, thank you" to? She didn't know you were going to ask her out? What was she saying, "No, thank you" to, then? Clarification needed.

What you could do at this point, is give it one last shot by texting, "Are you OK? I'm feeling worried about you." Then, let it go.

Old 01-12-2016, 12:02 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyP78 View Post
I have been interested in this woman for 2 years, I asked her out last year and she said she wasn't ready for a relationship, then I saw her out recently and we had a great time so I asked her out again, she accepted and we went out for dinner. We had a fantastic time together but there were some red flags. About 2 hours into the date she told me she started dating this guy when she was 20 years old (now she is 35), he told her he was 26, when she was 22, (he 28) she found out he was 38. She told me she continued to see him for 8 more years (10 total) and he mentally abused her everyday, to what extent I don't know. She told me she got out of that situation 5 years ago but when she was with him they bought property together and she owns all the loans. She says she doesn't see him anymore but she does talk to him because of the properties and assured me she wants nothing to do with him.

After the 2nd date she starting telling me how great I am and how no one has every treated her so well, she told me she was so happy and I sucked it up and continued to give her compliments. We went out 4 times and all 4 times were fantastic and she seemed really into me but now she has changed I tried calling her and left a message for her to call me and she responded via text "no thank you", I haven't spoken with her in a week. I didn't like the disrespect of "no thank you" after I have been so kind to her.

You were "waiting on this woman" for 2 years, you knew she wasn't ready for a relationship, so you slyly asked her out as friends. She made a big deal about telling you about this other guy to head you off at the pass, but you didn't take the hint and continued pursuing her. Now she's done.

Leave her alone before she disrespects you further by getting a restraining order.

Old 01-12-2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That part, I get. She was giving him so many signals that she was into him, that he was going full speed ahead, then he hit a wall, and is left wondering, "How did this wall get here?"

What I don't get is the part about "sucking up" compliments, as if they were something bad. She was enjoying herself with him, and was vocal about it, but he says, "I sucked it up". What does that mean?

That's not what I see. I see the woman as trying to be nice because the OP has been pursuing her for two years despite knowing she wasn't ready for a relationship, but the OP didn't get the hint. The OP was "sucking up the attention" so to speak and didn't notice it was only friendly, not romantic.

Old 01-12-2016, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyP78 View Post
Asgardian, I was going to ask her out again but she didn't know that, some people think that there is nothing wrong with "no thank you", I believe it is disrespectful, she could of just said sorry I'm not really in a mood now, when I want to talk I'll call you and then never call if she isn't interested. Why burn the bridge? The last time I spoke with her and texted her everything was great, I feel like I got blindsided and she did a complete 180 on me all of a sudden. I received no explanation from her and I never asked I just thought to myself how can someone be so rude to a person that was nothing but kind to her. She told me that she would never take my kindness for granted, What do you call this? Maybe she was interested in someone else, maybe her ex came back, maybe she was using me to make someone else jealous, but the things she told me and texted me made me feel/think she was really into me. I think I need to walk away and if she comes back she will have to contact me. It is what it is, Right?

See what I mean? The OP is still holding onto hopes that she can still "get to" this woman.

She is even coming off as angry now because she didn't get her way.

Creepy if you ask me.

Old 01-12-2016, 12:15 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,482,455 times
New user with a screen name Emily dating a woman one can safely assume is heterosexual by the dating history, claiming to be 45 yet fretting over texts from an obvious head-case after not giving up a chase for 2 years?

Hooookay then...

Is it cowardly to text "no thank you" to someone you've been out on 4 dates with? Yes.

Is it rude? Yes.

Is it worth any more mental energy? No.

Let it go.

Old 01-12-2016, 12:31 PM

6 posts, read 3,760 times
Quote:
That part, I get. She was giving him so many signals that she was into him, that he was going full speed ahead, then he hit a wall, and is left wondering, "How did this wall get here?"

What I don't get is the part about "sucking up" compliments, as if they were something bad. She was enjoying herself with him, and was vocal about it, but he says, "I sucked it up". What does that mean?
The meaning behind "I sucked it up" is when she was telling me that I made her happy, that no one ever treated her this good before, except family, about how great our dates were but it was the company she enjoyed the most etc. to me those were compliments that made me happy (hence I sucked them up) and because of those compliment I started giving more trust, trying to make her understand through actions not words that this is the way you treat a woman not the way her ex did. She could have freaked out and ran. I have no idea.

Old 01-12-2016, 12:37 PM

Quote:
What did your text say, the one she said "no, thank you" to? She didn't know you were going to ask her out? What was she saying, "No, thank you" to, then? Clarification needed.

What you could do at this point, is give it one last shot by texting, "Are you OK? I'm feeling worried about you." Then, let it go.

The "no thank you" text from her was a response to a phone call I made leaving her a message to call me when she received my message. I don't like texting, its no way to communicate. IMO

Old 01-12-2016, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
New user with a screen name Emily dating a woman one can safely assume is heterosexual by the dating history, claiming to be 45 yet fretting over texts from an obvious head-case after not giving up a chase for 2 years?

Hooookay then...

Is it cowardly to text "no thank you" to someone you've been out on 4 dates with? Yes.

Is it rude? Yes.

Is it worth any more mental energy? No.

Let it go.

I agree

Old 01-12-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
That's not what I see. I see the woman as trying to be nice because the OP has been pursuing her for two years despite knowing she wasn't ready for a relationship, but the OP didn't get the hint. The OP was "sucking up the attention" so to speak and didn't notice it was only friendly, not romantic.

Not true!! I asked her out over a year ago and she said no. for a 12 month period I saw her 3 times and we had good conversation and the last time a good connection. So I asked her out again, she accepted and we had a great time for a week until she flipped the switch. There is no stalking, I'm not chasing, I have been living my life if she wants to talk she know how to get in touch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships