Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How much bad talk about women from a Fwb is ok?
None 15 42.86%
A little 0 0%
If you're friends it's ok 3 8.57%
Move on 17 48.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 12:30 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times

Advertisements

I think some posters are getting crossed up here. The FWB arrangement is not the problem. Both the OP and her meathead pal knew what they wanted and what they were getting into. The issue is this dude pretends to be a charming gentleman to get what he wants then when he felt comfortable enough around the OP he let his inner fratbro come out.

Not every man who gets casual sex is makes such remarks about women or feels that way about women.

My comments were responding to a poster that stated that women purposely play the waiting game so they don't get their feelings hurt. But this thread isn't about that really. Even if she wasn't sleeping with this dude and was just a friend, his comments would still be disrespectful nonetheless. That is what this is really about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2016, 12:30 PM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
well unless u choose to date/see 20 year olds

Well time to grow up.

Serious relationship, buy a house, financial security, etc etc.

Not play mind games with Justin beiber just to get your rocks off.

Old 01-14-2016, 12:32 PM

146 posts, read 91,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
I think some posters are getting crossed up here. The FWB arrangement is not the problem. Both the OP and her meathead pal knew what they wanted and what they were getting into. The issue is this dude pretends to be a charming gentleman to get what he wants then when he felt comfortable enough around the OP he let his inner fratbro come out.

Not every man who gets casual sex is makes such remarks about women or feels that way about women.

My comments were responding to a poster that stated that women purposely play the waiting game so they don't get their feelings hurt. But this thread isn't about that really. Even if she wasn't sleeping with this dude and was just a friend, his comments would still be disrespectful nonetheless. That is what this is really about.
Yeah my bad, I derailed.

Old 01-14-2016, 02:06 PM

17 posts, read 16,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post

Thanks for this message

I was looking for a good time & not much in return, maybe a cool/hot friend. My point was, wether sex was involved or not, friends or not, it's not how any man should speak to a woman.

I told him to save that talk for his buddies, he obviously learnt it from some guy? Maybe a relative or a college buddy? He's in a major heartbreak situation at the moment, his first and only love left him for another guy which he talked over and over and over about. We even spent an hour going through his exs social media accounts, which were all about her in the arms of some new guy. Hopefully he'll find his way.

Old 01-14-2016, 02:12 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
All this talk for what amounts to "if you don't like them don't hang out with them"

Also, I will add just becuase you make another aware of what you want, it doesn't negate your responsibility in putting yourself in to bad places with them.

If you have knowledge that changes the dynamics of your relations to someone and you refuse to acknowledge it becuase it goes against your purpose for being involved with them....you're asking for all the trouble being purposfully ignorant brings your way.

Old 01-15-2016, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I'd say they are probably having more fun than most of us...
Yeah, he's definitely having fun

Old 01-15-2016, 10:42 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,048 times
Do you think he really feels this way about women or is just blowing off steam, since he's nursing a wounded heart??

As some posters here can probably attest, a few months ago I was fresh out of a break up and I'm afraid I wasn't terribly respectful about men.

Old 01-16-2016, 01:51 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,089,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
I was fresh out of a break up and I'm afraid I wasn't terribly respectful about men.
Its natural.. one of the stages of grief does include anger. Sorry about that.

Old 01-16-2016, 05:22 AM

His ex did a major heartbreak on him, she was actually pregnant and wanted to get married he was in love and warmed to the idea. Then one day they had a fight and she got an abortion without his knowledge. Then she ran into the arms of another guy so yeah he hates women at the moment.

Old 01-16-2016, 06:43 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridlynll View Post
His ex did a major heartbreak on him, she was actually pregnant and wanted to get married he was in love and warmed to the idea. Then one day they had a fight and she got an abortion without his knowledge. Then she ran into the arms of another guy so yeah he hates women at the moment.
Ok so it's up to you whether you want to be around that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships