Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 12:46 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by qworldorder View Post
After he just threatened my family and researched their address? Forget all the crap he was talking to me, that's a line that in no way gets the turn the other cheek card. No, there will be (righteous) retribution--it's just a matter of what's the right degree. I know the police route is the best thing to do, and then just drop it, but I'm not so sure a confrontation isn't exactly unwarranted, either. That's why I'm here--I'm truly angry and conflicted.
ANYbody can look up relatives. There's nothing special about "his" threat to you that makes it ok for you to seek some romanticized "retribution."

This isn't The Godfather. No need for carpet bombing or flexing your manliness.

You can't "beat" an idiot psycho by becoming one yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 12:51 PM

3,530 posts, read 4,175,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
ANYbody can look up relatives. There's nothing special about "his" threat to you that makes it ok for you to seek some romanticized "retribution."

This isn't The Godfather. No need for carpet bombing or flexing your manliness.

You can't "beat" an idiot psycho by becoming one yourself.
This is all true, and I know this. It's just this feeling I have right now--I just don't know how to describe it. Like pure rage that keeps festering, regardless of what I do--and I am not a hothead, at all. I'm really hoping talking with the police later this evening (all things willing, they were swamped yesterday) will help snap me out of it before Friday rolls around. I don't want to be that guy not listening to advice on a forum and whining away, so I am listening, and this is working, thanks. Just keep vacillating between rationality and raw emotion, you know?

Old 01-13-2016, 12:51 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Ask yourself how he got your name in the first place, and was aware of your date.

Old 01-13-2016, 01:01 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
Quote:
After he just threatened my family and researched their address? Forget all the crap he was talking to me, that's a line that in no way gets the turn the other cheek card. No, there will be (righteous) retribution--it's just a matter of what's the right degree. I know the police route is the best thing to do, and then just drop it, but I'm not so sure a confrontation isn't exactly unwarranted, either. That's why I'm here--I'm truly angry and conflicted.
Oh, you are one of those fake, macho-tough guys who has to prove how tough he is.

Old 01-13-2016, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Ask yourself how he got your name in the first place, and was aware of your date.
My fault and I didn't realize it until too late. I have my social media set to private, but I get a lot of requests from musicians and artists and the like trying to make it, so I thought nothing of it. Her giving him my personal phone is a given (for whatever reason--I don't care at this point if it's coerced or not). I'm more concerned with how he got the name of some of my family and associate's names. True, there's Google, but three out of the four names he listed aren't on your standard whitepages search and the like. That has my blood boiling to know end. He must have really gone digging, so I know this guy is serious. Hard to let go easily.

Old 01-13-2016, 01:07 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Wait, so you published details about this woman on social media after one date? Why on earth?

Old 01-13-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Oh, you are one of those fake, macho-tough guys who has to prove how tough he is.
No, not at all. Probably the furthest thing from it, which is why this unfelt-before emotion is eating me alive right now. If he had just kept it to **** talking between me and him, I would have been on my merry way. But he crossed a line into the safety of my family, and that is much harder for me to process right now. This isn't Mike Tyson, "I'm going to eat your children" stupidity. This is researching names and an address and threatening people who have nothing to do with this stupidity. How should I feel?

Old 01-13-2016, 01:11 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,115,136 times
I'm sorry this happened to you. I can only imagine that you're feeling like she totally fooled you and maybe your pride might be a little wounded. That's understandable.

And this business about threatening your family, I understand the rage about that too. I'm like a mf-ing grizzly bear wherever someone even just upsets one of my family members so I totally get where you're coming from.

But I also know what kind of world we live in today. These are the times of history where a guy who is defending his home from burglers and shoots one of them then gets arrested and later sued by the burglar. Because the world is completely unfair and the only outcome if you actually face to face confront this guy is going to turn out bad for you. You'll end up getting in trouble, arrested, thrown in jail, and you'll have a police report against you. I mean this will not end up in your favor if you try to go see this loser in order to rip his splern through his throat. It's not a good idea.

I know that rage you're feeling. I've felt it myself due to something that my ex BIL did to my sis and one other time when someone made my mom cry and scared over something. Those two times it took every last shred of self control I had not to start ripping people to shreds with my bare hands. And I'm not even a trained fighter. I'm just a middle aged lady who has exactly zero tolerance for anyone who hurts my family. Especially my mom.

Anyway please don't give in to those urges you are having. I guarantee it will backfire on you and you'll being the one in huge trouble. That kind of guy isn't worth risking and ultimately losing everything you've worked really hard to achieve in your life. Trust me. The guy is probably a total ***** who wouldn't last 2 seconds in a fight anyhow. He's just a big talker like so many Internet bullies you may have witnessed from time to time online.

Old 01-13-2016, 01:11 PM

16,711 posts, read 19,407,583 times
Quote:
My fault and I didn't realize it until too late. I have my social media set to private, but I get a lot of requests from musicians and artists and the like trying to make it, so I thought nothing of it. Her giving him my personal phone is a given (for whatever reason--I don't care at this point if it's coerced or not). I'm more concerned with how he got the name of some of my family and associate's names. True, there's Google, but three out of the four names he listed aren't on your standard whitepages search and the like. That has my blood boiling to know end. He must have really gone digging, so I know this guy is serious. Hard to let go easily.

How do you know it's not the woman doing this?

Old 01-13-2016, 01:12 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
They are both nuts. Better you did not get further involved with her. Stay safe OP.

Dating is tough, there are more nuts out there then 20 planters factories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships