Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 04:54 PM

7 posts, read 4,323 times

Advertisements

I'm not a messy person I can't go to bed with a dirty house. Its not fair to me that I work and clean my butt off and every time I leave home, its clean when I come back its filthy, trash on the counters, diapers over the floor, baby food everywhere ect. So that's why I decided to clean so late we were all wide awake. Why not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2016, 04:57 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times
If you routinely put your child to bed at 4am - then cleaning until 2:30am really isn't that big of a deal. You are obviously on a different time schedule than most people.

If you want help, ask for help.

Old 01-15-2016, 04:57 PM

11,393 posts, read 24,436,628 times
You need to marry your boyfriend so you can divorce him immediately.

Of course he should be helping you!

Old 01-15-2016, 04:59 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligurl808 View Post
Now I'm pissed because you guys are completely missing my point. I work all throughout and day and when I'm not working I'm tending to our daughter. When I get home the house and kitchen is a mess IM THE ONLY ONE THAT CLEANS. my daughter is 10 months she goes to bed around 4am every night. Why? That's her sleep pattern shopping at 12am is the only free time I had to go grocery shopping and the reason I cleaned so late was because I was tired of looking at a dirty house...
Sheesh you guys are missing the point I don't need advice on how I raise my child or why I choose to shop when I do... I simply ask AM I OVERREACTING for wanting some ****ing help ! And lastly I'm not going to post EVERY detail. He's a late bird he sleeps through the day and doesn't go to sleep until about 4am.
Has he always been like this--not doing his share around the house? Did you ask him to put away the groceries or wash the dishes? If you both work, why isn't this a team effort? Is this what you want to live with for the next 20 years?

Old 01-15-2016, 04:59 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,711,653 times
Wow. That schedule sounds chaotic and exhausting. And it's reflecting on your marriage.

Pull yourselves together and get on a healthy schedule. Your baby will be a toddler in a few short months so now is the time to get in line with bedtime. Get organized. Put your foot down. Take charge of your household. Let your husband know you are serious.

If you don't take control and make some changes in your parenting lifestyle now you will pay the price for years.

Old 01-15-2016, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligurl808 View Post
I'm not a messy person I can't go to bed with a dirty house. Its not fair to me that I work and clean my butt off and every time I leave home, its clean when I come back its filthy, trash on the counters, diapers over the floor, baby food everywhere ect. So that's why I decided to clean so late we were all wide awake. Why not?
Have you discussed it with him? If so, and nothing's changed, or he says it's your job, why are you still with him? How much longer do you think this can go on before either of you gives up and leaves? He's under no obligation to continue living with you. If you continue cleaning and cooking for him, though, he might, though he won't necessarily be pleasant about it. And you sometimes make more than he does? Yeah, he's got a fairly cushy deal. He'll ride that wave as long as you let him.

So, why did you guys decide to have another kid? Do you need to revisit your bc choices with your doc?

Old 01-15-2016, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Wow. That schedule sounds chaotic and exhausting. And it's reflecting on your marriage.

Pull yourselves together and get on a healthy schedule. Your baby will be a toddler in a few short months so now is the time to get in line with bedtime. Get organized. Put your foot down. Take charge of your household. Let your husband know you are serious.

If you don't take control and make some changes in your parenting lifestyle now you will pay the price for years.
They're not married.

The kids will pay the price, too, living in a chaotic household where mom and dad don't get along. And something tells me they'll end up neglected during those very dependent years of toddlerhood. Is there going to be daycare for them, while you two work? What's the plan, there? Is there a plan? Was any of this foreseen at all, and discussed?

Old 01-15-2016, 05:07 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,445,955 times
Sounds like chaos breeding more chaos...and I'm not talking about your hours of operation.

You need to establish some ground rules for the home and start living by them.
Speak up and work it out.

Old 01-15-2016, 05:09 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
Sounds like chaos breeding more chaos...and I'm not talking about your hours of operation.

You need to establish some ground rules for the home.
Speak up and work it out.
Yep, it's only going to get worse, OP. It's not wrong to want help.

You're not OVERreacting. You apparently aren't reacting in a way he cares about.

Last edited by BirdieBelle; 01-15-2016 at 05:18 PM..

Old 01-15-2016, 05:11 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times
And just so you know - 2 kids so SO much harder than 1. So talk to your boyfriend NOW and try to work this out before your life becomes a million times crazier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships