Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2016, 02:12 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,137,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
The young and reckless heeds no advise. For people to truly learn from their mistakes, they to to experience it first hand. Some people learn quick, some need to make the same mistake more than once. This situation is a good example.

Btw: I like mix CD's over MP3/4.
Me to! Tumblr has a mix cd exchange. I kinda wanna do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 02:22 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
The young and reckless heeds no advise. For people to truly learn from their mistakes, they to to experience it first hand. Some people learn quick, some need to make the same mistake more than once. This situation is a good example.

Btw: I like mix CD's over MP3/4.
Vinyl is still my favorite.

Old 01-20-2016, 02:28 PM

Another thing I didnt realize that he wanted to get intimate on the very first date. I honestly didnt believe he was like that. I also tried not to give him that impression. :/

Old 01-20-2016, 02:31 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
CDs, vinyl and MP3/4..........

Could you imagine the uproar if 8 track and reel to reel was mentioned..............

Old 01-20-2016, 02:36 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
Another thing I didnt realize that he wanted to get intimate on the very first date. I honestly didnt believe he was like that. I also tried not to give him that impression. :/
I know you tried not to give him that impression but some of the things you did are acts that can be misconstrued as mixed signals.

I'm not saying you did anything wrong I just think you're a bit naive at dating and that's okay. But people have given you some really good advice on dating.

Obviously sexual assault is never the victims fault. However there are things you can do to avoid potentially dangerous situations. There are things that in our society give off a certain connotation.

Things like inviting a guy to your house for dinner for the first date. Doubly so when he wanted to take you out but you suggested the house. Telling him no in the car but then inviting him into your house.

Do you have any girlfriends you can talk to about dating? Or your mom or sisters?

Old 01-20-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
I know you tried not to give him that impression but some of the things you did are acts that can be misconstrued as mixed signals.

I'm not saying you did anything wrong I just think you're a bit naive at dating and that's okay. But people have given you some really good advice on dating.

Obviously sexual assault is never the victims fault. However there are things you can do to avoid potentially dangerous situations. There are things that in our society give off a certain connotation.

Things like inviting a guy to your house for dinner for the first date. Doubly so when he wanted to take you out but you suggested the house. Telling him no in the car but then inviting him into your house.

Do you have any girlfriends you can talk to about dating? Or your mom or sisters?
No. I had a group of friends but posters told me I was the Karen and basically I am. Plus none of us really talk anymore any way we just grew apart and they have there own lives.

No my moms main advice is: dont get pregnant lol. My sisters advice is doing stuff to get pregnant haha. I try not to ask them for advice bc they get easily aggravated with me and they think I bring my problems on myself.

Every since I found this website I just come here for advice. Before I used yahoo answers but most posters there take nothing seriously

Old 01-20-2016, 03:17 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,197,318 times
What was the movie? 13 Hours? The Big Short? This doesn't sound like a relevant question - but I am thinking about the fact that you said it went over your head. You may joke around easily with a guy - but at the end of the day, what can you talk about? It sounded like dinner conversation was awkward, unless he was talking about what he wanted in life.

It might be a good idea to get a library card and read for relaxation, instead of watching TV. Fiction, even - doesn't have to be heavy. Just getting a glimpse of normal life outside of that trailer and that McDonalds. You will also pick up social norms in dating and relationships.

You have a laptop. Pull up Huffington Post or CNN and take 10 minutes to read the headlined story everyday, to know something about what is going on in the world.

Your mother said you were slow. That may not be the case. It may simply be that they don't want their workhorse slave to get a life. You were shuttled around in foster homes until you went back to your mother. You live in a barely furnished trailer with no heat, full of little kids that others birthed - but you support the entire batch. Life is not good - and waiting for Prince Charming to rescue you isn't a good plan. Set some goals. Plan a life (wishing and hoping doesn't count).

Life in that trailer is your comfort zone - but think for a moment what your date saw when faced with it. That's why he ran out of there (not that he sounds like a prize).

Old 01-20-2016, 04:46 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
$250 for a used couch is very cheap. Do you even know what good furniture costs?
What you describe sounds like typical white trailer trash living.
You also sound low intellect, zero common sense and emotionally arrested at around age 12.
It's unfair and unkind to say these kinds of things about this young woman!

She really can't help that her mom is an addict or that she lived in foster care. She can't help that her sister, her boyfriend, and their kids all live in the same trailer with her and that none of them work. It really is kind of awful.

I wish the OP could find a place to live in a safe and decent apartment with a couple of other young women who haven't had it so rough. Maybe some of her church friends?

The OP shouldn't be supporting her family with the money she earns at her minimum wage job. She needs to find a way to get into technical school and learn a few skills that will help her earn a living.

Or, maybe she could join the military and get paid to learn? That might be the quickest way. Plus she'll meet all kinds of people and broaden her horizons immensely.

Old 01-20-2016, 05:00 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,197,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
It's unfair and unkind to say these kinds of things about this young woman!

She really can't help that her mom is an addict or that she lived in foster care. She can't help that her sister, her boyfriend, and their kids all live in the same trailer with her and that none of them work. It really is kind of awful.

I wish the OP could find a place to live in a safe and decent apartment with a couple of other young women who haven't had it so rough. Maybe some of her church friends?

The OP shouldn't be supporting her family with the money she earns at her minimum wage job. She needs to find a way to get into technical school and learn a few skills that will help her earn a living.

Or, maybe she could join the military and get paid to learn? That might be the quickest way. Plus she'll meet all kinds of people and broaden her horizons immensely.
Totally agree.

I think the OP has been beaten down for a long time. No idea of what is normal. No idea of what life could be like is unharnessed from the plow.

The military might be a good option for her. Too often on CD, it is suggested for people that are not disciplined and are defiantly worthless - which is not a favor to the military. However, that's not the case here.

Old 01-20-2016, 05:10 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
What was the movie? 13 Hours? The Big Short? This doesn't sound like a relevant question - but I am thinking about the fact that you said it went over your head. You may joke around easily with a guy - but at the end of the day, what can you talk about? It sounded like dinner conversation was awkward, unless he was talking about what he wanted in life.

It might be a good idea to get a library card and read for relaxation, instead of watching TV. Fiction, even - doesn't have to be heavy. Just getting a glimpse of normal life outside of that trailer and that McDonalds. You will also pick up social norms in dating and relationships.

You have a laptop. Pull up Huffington Post or CNN and take 10 minutes to read the headlined story everyday, to know something about what is going on in the world.

Your mother said you were slow. That may not be the case. It may simply be that they don't want their workhorse slave to get a life. You were shuttled around in foster homes until you went back to your mother. You live in a barely furnished trailer with no heat, full of little kids that others birthed - but you support the entire batch. Life is not good - and waiting for Prince Charming to rescue you isn't a good plan. Set some goals. Plan a life (wishing and hoping doesn't count).

Life in that trailer is your comfort zone - but think for a moment what your date saw when faced with it. That's why he ran out of there (not that he sounds like a prize).
Yeah,the guy is 26 and making a McDonalds salary. I'm pretty sure hes living less than opulent himself, Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships