Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 06:42 PM

53 posts, read 36,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
Im honestly not even focusing on sex or thinking about it. I want to make a romantic connection and I feel ready to settle down. Booty call has nothing to do with it
honey, don't kid yourself. for most men if the sex isn't good, there's not potential LTR. And your mistaken if you think this is going to be one of those dating for several weeks to see if you guys have long-term potential, you work for the guy and will see him Monday thru Friday. Like I said, you should figure out if either you guys will be friends or you got the glue for a bigger emotional commitment.

Last edited by hankmoody; 01-18-2016 at 06:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2016, 12:28 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,136,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hankmoody View Post
honey, don't kid yourself. for most men if the sex isn't good, there's not potential LTR. And your mistaken if you think this is going to be one of those dating for several weeks to see if you guys have long-term potential, you work for the guy and will see him Monday thru Friday. Like I said, you should figure out if either you guys will be friends or you got the glue for a bigger emotional commitment.
Just bc I will see him at work doesnt mean we can't date and are going to rush things. Yeah he's a guy and likes sex probably but Im looking for a connection and donr plan on getting intimate until Im in love. I think he will respect that if it gets brought up.

This forum thinks about sex way to much lol.

Old 01-19-2016, 12:29 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Just bc I will see him at work doesnt mean we can't date and are going to rush things. Yeah he's a guy and likes sex probably but Im looking for a connection and donr plan on getting intimate until Im in love. I think he will respect that if it gets brought up.

No, it doesn't mean you can't date. It means you should not date.

Old 01-19-2016, 12:48 PM

53 posts, read 36,389 times
Quote:

You're a bit naive and inexperienced relationshipwise, and I am truly not trying to insult you. Just saying you are expecting this to be no big deal and everything should be cool... but experience has taught many of us who have walked in your shoes that often it turns out that you regret getting involved with someone at work.

It's royally distracting to do your job effectively to say the least, along with causing office drama (such as favoritism complaints) once others find out, which they will once you guys start acting different around each other. And I've seen situations where one of the two has to find another job, or worse, is fired (like a manager dating a subordinate). Ask anyone who works in Human Resources, there are tons of cases where office romances have gone wrong, and of course all involved ppl who had giddy feelings for one another.

But, I'm a romantic too so you never know it could work out. Many married couples in their late 40s and 50s met at work, I think I read somewhere that 50% of married couple did. But with the advent of sexual harassment and hostile work environment laws, many ppl these days would rather keep their job than risk it so they avoid any office flings. All you need is one person to complain about it and it ruins everything, along with your worker reputation, and I'm talking about the old "using bad judgment" criticism. It's stupid, but that's the way it is these days for most employers.

My suggest as to "go friendly" or "go all in" was only tactical approach to figure out if their is long term potential as soon as possible rather than allowing work issues to interfere with the development of your relationship.

Best of luck

Old 01-19-2016, 12:49 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,630 times
You have a history of choosing bad guys. I hope you manager at McD's is better than your other guy choices. I doubt it, but I hope so anyway.

At least the stories will be entertaining.

Old 01-19-2016, 12:54 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,191,612 times
If he transfers, will it be out of town?

Old 01-19-2016, 01:01 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
If Corp finds out they where fraternizing before the transfer it won't matter as long as people's jobs are concerned. They investigate and interview once relationships become known between employees, For a manger it's taken a hell of a lot more serious than the general staff.

Personally I would be concerned that a manager would even be considering the option since he would know the rules and why he should be upholding himself to that standard already, and what that may say about him as a person...

That said, I don't think it really matters to the OP....it's already gone further than it should have.

Old 01-19-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
Yes, an hour away. Which then it wouldnt be an issue

Old 01-19-2016, 01:07 PM

Well tonight will decide our future. Im excited but I have calmed down. Its been all I can think about for days. I'm hoping that it goes well. If transfers it would be better bc there would not be an issue of him playing favorites not that he would any way but I get what some of you are saying. I honestly dont expect or want special treatment at work and he wouldn't give it to me any way.

Old 01-19-2016, 01:09 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times
Quote:

Ha! If only you knew the level of self-control it takes for us to stay within the [draconian] PG13 confines
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships