Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 08:52 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,808,990 times

Advertisements

So I know this is something silly, but ends up always happening to me when I start seeing someone new and I guess I can chalk it up to the camera phone age we live in. Last night I was texting with a guy I've been out once with, and we were joking around about this new mop I bought, so he asked for a picture of the mop, which I sent. His response was "kinda hoping you'd be in the pic though ", which is nice to hear, but honestly I don't feel like taking a picture of myself when I get home from a long day of work, it's not sexy and I would really rather him not see me that way just yet. But I can't say all that, so I ended up saying something stupid like next time I'll mop I'll send him one.

This always happens to me though, the guy implies he would like you to send him a selfie (I'm not talking nude pics or anything racy, that would be a different thread lol), and I feel I'm put in a funny position, because if I brush it off with a no, then I'll be viewed as uptight, but I'm also not the type of girl who sends selfies all the time to the guy I'm dating (I had a friend who would do that all the time, she would just snap pics of herself all day long and send them to her bf, it would annoy me to no end!).

So was just wondering if any of you ladies get such type of requests, and how do you respond if you don't want to send a pic, without making the guy think you're uptight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 08:57 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
I send photos of my cat instead. Or photos that I've taken already. I don't skype, FaceTime, snapchat, or send selfies on demand.

Old 01-20-2016, 08:58 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
I would just say, "Let me take one when I'm a little more presentable."

You don't have to say "yes" to every single request in dating.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:00 AM

4,829 posts, read 4,282,960 times
I think in the age of online dating, some people lie about what they're actually doing. They'll say their at home watching tv and they're actually out on a date. Some of it is definitely insecurities, but some of it is past experiences of dealing with someone lying about their whereabouts. It seems and sounds very goofy in nature, but when you think of online dating, you can't always throw the baby out with the bath water. Some people feel that they want to feel the person is telling them the truth on some level before opening up to them further.

I went on a couple of dates with a woman a couple years ago who seemed to be interested in me, and was always a selfie person, yet would hardly ever send one to me. Found out that she was actually in a serious relationship. Give people the opportunity to deceive and they will.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:02 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,522,541 times
Well as a man if I ask and she doesn't I would get the message that she doesn't want to and leave it at that.

I certainly wouldn't think you were uptight and I would realise it's just not your thing , don't worry I'm sure he's the same

Old 01-20-2016, 09:03 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
I think in the age of online dating, some people lie about what they're actually doing. They'll say their at home watching tv and they're actually out on a date. Some of it is definitely insecurities, but some of it is past experiences of dealing with someone lying about their whereabouts. It seems and sounds very goofy in nature, but when you think of online dating, you can't always throw the baby out with the bath water. Some people feel that they want to feel the person is telling them the truth on some level before opening up to them further.

I went on a couple of dates with a woman a couple years ago who seemed to be interested in me, and was always a selfie person, yet would hardly ever send one to me. Found out that she was actually in a serious relationship. Give people the opportunity to deceive and they will.
If you're using selfies to keep tabs on someone, that's all the more reason why you don't need to receive them.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:06 AM

Quote:

I don't think it was that, I was telling him how excited I was over this new mop I bought, and he said he needed to see a pic of this special mop....I don't think it was a test or anything to see if I was really home. Besides I did send him a pic of the mop in the bucket, so it was pretty obvious the pic was taken at that moment in my house, it would be odd if I just had that pic randomly on my phone lol.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Well as a man if I ask and she doesn't I would get the message that she doesn't want to and leave it at that.

I certainly wouldn't think you were uptight and I would realise it's just not your thing , don't worry I'm sure he's the same
That's good to hear, and I'm sure this guy feels the same way. But I have encountered guys in the past who have gotten irritated when I wouldn't send a pic.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:09 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:

Maybe so, but all the on-demand pics in the world aren't going to prevent deception of one sort or another from happening, if the person feels like being deceptive.

And honestly, if a person needed an on the spot pic of me just to prove I was where I said I was when we weren't even officially a couple yet, well then...I am really sorry to say this...toooooooo neurotic for me right off the bat. I wouldn't consider a person like that for dating.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:13 AM

52,233 posts, read 52,655,546 times
I think some guys push the pics too soon period, whether they are nude selfies or "nice" ones, from what I hear some guys are quick to send the famous D pics too.

I'm glad I'm not in the dating world right now. I don't miss it one bit, seriously, I know dating is supposed to be fun and flirty and all, but I'm seriously glad to not be doing it....LOL...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships