Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 12:26 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,904,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
This is the best advice someone like you will ever get:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person/
This article should be a sticky at re top of this forum for every single guy who complains about dating and relationships
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2016, 12:29 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,940,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
This article should be a sticky at re top of this forum for every single guy who complains about dating and relationships

Might be relevant to dating some, but overall, at least half of those points are flat out wrong.

Old 01-20-2016, 12:31 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,203,754 times
Well one of the synonyms of mediocre and generic is average. By the very definition of the word most people are average and yet still manage to date, marry and get laid.

As Chow said in today's time a lot of people don't want to hear that.

Sure to friends and family we are unique and special as we should be but those who truly aren't average have a name that's recognized around the world.

Old 01-20-2016, 12:38 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,029,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
OMG! I am totally thinking of those "Lowered Expectations" (faux dating site) skits on Mad TV.

Okay, sorry. Yes, most people are average...hence the word, well, "average," LOL! BUT you don't need to present yourself that way. "Hi. I'm generic and really not much. How about a date?" There is SOMETHING interesting in practically anybody. Bring that thing out.
That theme song was playing in my head too. I love the part where he stumbles into the puddle of sewage and the mate helps him out. Priceless

Old 01-20-2016, 12:44 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,904,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Might be relevant to dating some, but overall, at least half of those points are flat out wrong.
Care to elaborate?

Old 01-20-2016, 01:32 PM

426 posts, read 370,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
What does that really mean? If you are average... there area other average women too. If you are only looking for 1 person... there has to be at least 1 person out ther for you. Just make sure when you do find them you treat them as you would want to be treated.

I always wonder if indirectly if this average person in saying they are average and want to date a super model. If that is the case I would say all things are possible, but if an average looking women is not good enough for you why should someone better looking then you pay you any mind and why do you place so much value on the exterior?
Im totally okay with someone average i dont mind it i just been a bit more alectove on who I want to date
What i offer is very generic
I have a college degree and make 50k
Body is average
Life style is extremely laid back probably average
My ambitous is pretty average
I only go above and beyond in treating a woman beyond good
I used to own a business but that lifestyle is grunting and hard
Personally i dont mind but i am becomin a bit more selective on who i want to date and stay with
Now people tell me to that the average man has less of a chance beause hes no brad pitt but then again VERY FEW Man can truely be a brad pitt
Idk people have wierd expectations about dating
I hope i can find the right woman even with being mediocre

Old 01-20-2016, 03:42 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,720,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSparks View Post
Im totally okay with someone average i dont mind it i just been a bit more alectove on who I want to date

What i offer is very generic

I have a college degree and make 50k

Body is average

Life style is extremely laid back probably average

My ambitous is pretty average

I only go above and beyond in treating a woman beyond good

Personally i dont mind but i am becomin a bit more selective on who i want to date and stay with

Now people tell me to that the average man has less of a chance beause hes no brad pitt but then again VERY FEW Man can truely be a brad pitt

Idk people have wierd expectations about dating

I hope i can find the right woman even with being mediocre
Exactly what you are saying could be said by a woman in the same position. The idea that most women want a Brad Pitt type guys is nonsense. Most women that were not dropped on their head at birth might appreciate oh he is a pretty attractive man, but they do not expect a man to look/be like that and if they do red flag ... what the heck is wrong with them to expect this from the average person unless they themselved have looks in a comparable level? So I am assuming if I think this way there are other women that think this way too (and likely some men too). The way you see yourself might be the issue.

Old 01-21-2016, 09:36 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,722,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSparks View Post
Oh, so it was an "adult business" ?

Some women might be into that.

Old 01-21-2016, 09:59 AM

971 posts, read 688,418 times
By generic, I am going to assume you mean just a plain old normal guy. I say, yes it is ok to be a generic guy in dating. If you didn't know me, to see me by all outward appearances I am a generic guy. I an mid fifties but don't look it or dress like an older guy, so to anyone who doesn't know me I am generic. I have no trouble with women.

People are always shocked when they find out how old I am when it comes up in conversation and that takes the generic away from me immediately, as they just can't get over the fact I look like a 40 yo guy instead of 55. Then after finding out my hobbies and interests I am even less generic.

I see no problem in being generic. I personally would go after a generic woman before one who looks high-end or special because I have found them to be more high maintenance. Just my two cents.

Old 01-22-2016, 04:50 PM

146 posts, read 91,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Care to elaborate?
The article was on point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships