Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 11:30 AM

203 posts, read 511,636 times

Advertisements

I'm not picky at all. By saying respect, I was not referring to being at a man's beck and call' I mean DATING, the man opens the car door, etc.
And those who said sending a pic of their junk are those that I described as looking for a booty call or an STD. I assume those that send those have either stolen the pics off the internet or are so ugly that's all they have.
I don't want a hookup. I want a caring man who I can look ugly with in our sweats on Sunday morning, go brush our teeth, make love, then snuggle butt to butt and go back to sleep. If he has a gut, even better. I just want to be loved.

Old 01-21-2016, 11:32 AM

426 posts, read 370,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoptstrays View Post
I'm not picky at all. By saying respect, I was not referring to being at a man's beck and call' I mean DATING, the man opens the car door, etc.
And those who said sending a pic of their junk are those that I described as looking for a booty call or an STD. I assume those that send those have either stolen the pics off the internet or are so ugly that's all they have.
I don't want a hookup. I want a caring man who I can look ugly with in our sweats on Sunday morning, go brush our teeth, make love, then snuggle butt to butt and go back to sleep. If he has a gut, even better. I just want to be loved.
Alright well you have to put in the effort to look for a man, the golden rule is typically a man making the move but you should too if you want someone.
It all depends who you are speaking too be it online or offline

Old 01-21-2016, 11:36 AM

1,592 posts, read 1,212,179 times
Quote:
It would be funny to steal a pic of some other guy's junk and pass it off as my own. But the thought of hunting for a suitable pic, rough.

Old 01-21-2016, 11:42 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,680,037 times
When we get to our age..late 40's to early 60's....it is ALL baggage. I divorced the first one when I was 39. I didn't resume dating till I was 46. I expected any men I would meet would have tons of baggage. It is how it is managed by the person having it ...if it is worth being with them.

Old 01-21-2016, 12:22 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,925,052 times
I feel sorry for your difficulties however IMO if a women is willing to divorce one man what' to say she's not going to dump the next ?
Many of the women I've met dating divorced out of boredom .
May of these dropped me when I made it clear there was no horsing around. (they can't just be friends.
Their vows meant nothing to them.
Even though I was separated from my wife after 35+ years I remained faithful the years fallowing .
She is gone now, but I'm not anxious to marry again for any reason.
I like to meet people and share life experiences, and help when I can, but get emotionally bound up with some one else, is not my idea of spending the remaining years of my life.
I don't need the stress.

Old 01-21-2016, 12:32 PM

35 posts, read 43,568 times
Quote:
Hi all.
I just turned 50. I am divorced after 28 years. I've been on a few dating sites including senior sites. I am having a problem. Seems no matter what age the "men" are, all they want is a booty call, even on the christian sites.
I go to church and everyone is married. Now, I'm not saying I'm a bible beater, far from it. I thought maybe I might find an old fashioned man, with respect for the female race.
I'm tired of being asked to send certain pics of myself and who in God's name thinks a woman wants to see a pic of a guy's junk? Whatever happened to some mystery and actually getting to know each other first?
I am at a total loss. Where did the respect go?
Welcome to the 21 century where dating is like a never ending nightmare. I look around at what dating has become and it makes me ill. People changing partners like they change clothes, sleep around as if STDs do not exist,as if unplanned pregnancies are impossible and HIV is just a myth. They exchange naked pictures as if clothes are too expensive to purchase. This is the world we live in today. Tis the reason why i am still very happily single and thankful that i don't buy into the "If i'm not in a relationship then something must be wrong with me" culture. There is hope though OP, good men are out there, don't stop looking because they do still exist.

Last edited by Posh90210; 01-21-2016 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: Grammatical Error

Old 01-21-2016, 12:37 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Quote:
Hi all.
I just turned 50. I am divorced after 28 years. I've been on a few dating sites including senior sites. I am having a problem. Seems no matter what age the "men" are, all they want is a booty call, even on the christian sites.
I go to church and everyone is married. Now, I'm not saying I'm a bible beater, far from it. I thought maybe I might find an old fashioned man, with respect for the female race.
I'm tired of being asked to send certain pics of myself and who in God's name thinks a woman wants to see a pic of a guy's junk? Whatever happened to some mystery and actually getting to know each other first?
I am at a total loss. Where did the respect go?
Respect and getting to know each other are still out there all over the place. You need to find them in real life though. Take up some activities that will put you in repeated contact with men and women (service organizations, classes, sports, etc).

Old 01-21-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
I'm not picky at all. By saying respect, I was not referring to being at a man's beck and call' I mean DATING, the man opens the car door, etc..
Part of your problem is your sense of entitlement. When I read the above, it tells me to have nothing to do with that person.

Lots of guys are romantic and believe in dating and doing things like opening the car door. However, these guys will very quickly sense your entitlement issues and avoid you like the plague. That leaves you with the less respectful guys who send you their junk pics.

Old 01-21-2016, 12:48 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Part of your problem is your sense of entitlement. When I read the above, it tells me to have nothing to do with that person.

Lots of guys are romantic and believe in dating and doing things like opening the car door. However, these guys will very quickly sense your entitlement issues and avoid you like the plague. That leaves you with the less respectful guys who send you their junk pics.

Maybe. I opened the car door on a second date last Saturday and was greeted with a "I can open my own door, thank you". Hahaha. Can't win!

Old 01-21-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Maybe. I opened the car door on a second date last Saturday and was greeted with a "I can open my own door, thank you". Hahaha. Can't win!
So, that begs the question, how did the rest of the date go? In my mind, that's just as much a red flag as the woman who goes in with the sense of entitlement that you have to open the door for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships