Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 12:54 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
So, that begs the question, how did the rest of the date go? In my mind, that's just as much a red flag as the woman who goes in with the sense of entitlement that you have to open the door for her.

Oh, the food was good (she wanted to split, I didn't refuse), drinks good, invited in when I dropped her off, but declined. Just was not feeling it. It wasn't that comment in particular, but just an overall vibe with her. Lack of eye contact. No smiling. Actually, being invited in kind of tripped me up. I just wanted to go home at that point and see who was still up and have some fun.

Old 01-21-2016, 12:58 PM

462 posts, read 549,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Oh, the food was good (she wanted to split, I didn't refuse), drinks good, invited in when I dropped her off, but declined. Just was not feeling it. It wasn't that comment in particular, but just an overall vibe with her. Lack of eye contact. No smiling. Actually, being invited in kind of tripped me up. I just wanted to go home at that point and see who was still up and have some fun.

You did the right thing, she wasn't the right woman for you. Surprised you got an invite in considering how you described the date, but who knows what she was thinking.

Old 01-21-2016, 01:05 PM

20,378 posts, read 14,651,390 times
I just don't know why so many things have to BE a THING... Opening doors? Really? I can open my own door. Some men beat me to it. I don't inform them that I am capable of opening a door. Frigging OF COURSE I AM. I simply say, "thank you." Just like if someone is coming behind me into a store, I hold the door open for them. They can either walk through, or catch it. A few seconds spent simply being courteous. Should someone do this for me, I say, "thank you."

All of this is really basic manners, and expectation/entitlement shouldn't really come into it. I don't judge anyone for NOT holding/opening a door. I thank them if they do. Why is it a THING, in dating, like who is paying for dinner, my word. I feel like I've got to express to and convince men as quickly as possible when I start seeing them, that I am really laid back and I don't care if he does this or that, as long as it's not some big freaking deal.

Pay for dinner or don't. Open doors or don't. But if you send me a pic of your junk, expect me to facepalm and laugh at you. "Bait" or not... By the by, the question was asked in an "ask a woman" forum on another site not long ago, how we ladies feel about D-pics. Almost universally we said that they did nothing for us, or were offensive, and the only time we'd want to see that is if we're already VERY interested in the man it's attached to.

OP...I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I think that OLD brings out the most superficial and often unflattering sides of human beings in the dating world. You might consider finding social networking opportunities in person instead. Good luck to you!

Old 01-21-2016, 01:31 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoptstrays View Post
Hi all.
I just turned 50. I am divorced after 28 years. I've been on a few dating sites including senior sites. I am having a problem. Seems no matter what age the "men" are, all they want is a booty call, even on the christian sites.
I go to church and everyone is married. Now, I'm not saying I'm a bible beater, far from it. I thought maybe I might find an old fashioned man, with respect for the female race.
I'm tired of being asked to send certain pics of myself and who in God's name thinks a woman wants to see a pic of a guy's junk? Whatever happened to some mystery and actually getting to know each other first?
I am at a total loss. Where did the respect go?

What are they doing to indicate they want a booty call? I mean, yeah, if it's offered, most guys want sex, that's natural. /lol

But usually they go through the motions of *romance.*
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-21-2016, 01:35 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Maybe. I opened the car door on a second date last Saturday and was greeted with a "I can open my own door, thank you". Hahaha. Can't win!
Women like that ruin it for the rest of us.

Old 01-21-2016, 01:36 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoptstrays View Post
I'm not picky at all. By saying respect, I was not referring to being at a man's beck and call' I mean DATING, the man opens the car door, etc.
And those who said sending a pic of their junk are those that I described as looking for a booty call or an STD. I assume those that send those have either stolen the pics off the internet or are so ugly that's all they have.
I don't want a hookup. I want a caring man who I can look ugly with in our sweats on Sunday morning, go brush our teeth, make love, then snuggle butt to butt and go back to sleep. If he has a gut, even better. I just want to be loved.
they are out there. Just give it some time and go to places where you can meet new people.

Old 01-21-2016, 01:38 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times
Remember Women's Liberation happened. You're liberated. Women are free to have sex like a man, and some do. That's the kind of women a lot of men are looking for. On top of that, you're newly divorced. Some men see that as a woman who is out of cut loose and have some fun. Some men will specifically target recently divorce women, as they consider them fresh meat and an easy mark.

The movers and shakers of the society convinced everyone that sexual freedom is the way to "true happiness", so many women and men are out trying to find it. Sorry you prefer the old fashioned ways, but that's going to be hard to find. Plus, many men at your age are turn off to women, having been rejected by so many, or trashed in divorce. They don't feel the need for women anymore. Good Luck. You're going to need it.

Old 01-21-2016, 01:40 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post

My husband growls if I start to open a door. It cracks me up, but I love that trait in him.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-21-2016, 01:40 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Depending on the tone, I prefer a woman that thinks this way. (Edit: To clarify, I mean I prefer women that prefer to open their own doors, etc.)

Old 01-21-2016, 01:41 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I'm thankful that I'm not dating in recent times.... the whole OLD world seems messed up.
When I was single in late 30's early 40's I never even looked at online dating, there are plenty of men out in the real world you can meet. There are plenty of women out in the real world you can meet but someone has to be brave enough to take the first step forward, introduce themselves and go from there.
No photos required when you are in real life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships