Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 07:01 AM

50,115 posts, read 35,754,801 times

Advertisements

I hate it in general...affection is good, but too extreme feels like I have a toddler attached to my leg who won't let go. The childish names IMO take too much of the sexiness from relationships. It's hard to want to be "taken" by someone at night when they're talking to you in baby talk all day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2016, 08:10 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,541,081 times
I love cuddles and sweetness, and if I told you guys what pet name my husband calls me, you would tease me forever. It's totally goopy. But he's my HUSBAND. Nicknames are for people dear to us. I don't introduce myself to people with, "Hi, I'm Julia, but you can call me Sugarlumps." You just met this girl, right? How can she be special to you yet? How is she dear enough to be your pumpkin, your marshmallow? She isn't. Like somebody said, you sound in love with the idea of being in love, throwing it all over someone regardless of who it is. There's a joke, too, that a player just calls all his girlfriends "baby" so he doesn't accidentally mess up their names.

Pinching cheeks is for your great-aunt Edna. Don't.

Old 01-25-2016, 08:12 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,541,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I hate it in general...affection is good, but too extreme feels like I have a toddler attached to my leg who won't let go. The childish names IMO take too much of the sexiness from relationships. It's hard to want to be "taken" by someone at night when they're talking to you in baby talk all day.
Do you want to meet Mr. Woo-woo? He wants to meet you.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:11 AM

3,688 posts, read 4,996,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
This made me spit coffee into my keyboard. I pictured it with the most saccharine voice ever.

I've little doubt I'll be edited out of existence (seems to be happening to me a LOT lately at the merest mention of sexuality), but based on the post which got this response from you, I imagined saying sugary nonsense all day and referring to Schmoopy (ala Seinfeld), then that evening pinning the hypothetical "her" against the wall and growling "I'm gonna make you squeal in both pleasure and fright now, got it? Smile and be afraid, Schmoopy. Smile and be just a little bit afraid."

As for the OP:

I tend to be extremely touchy-feely affectionate. It often translates into sexuality, but I enjoy walking with arms linked, being close. I really enjoy that stuff. I think cute names are okay IF kept between the people involved, entirely up to them and their preferences. Some like it, some do not. I think there's a degree of romance in things like "our song, our special place, our street".

Romance should be alive and well in a relationship. I really miss them.

BUT there's such a thing as romance-induced diabetes (pronounced like Wilford Brimley says it: diabeetus). There's such a thing as going to a place where people just start questioning your overall sanity.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:34 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,182,913 times
If someone called me a puffy marshmallow, I'd burst into tears and eat nothing but romaine lettuce for the rest of my life.

Seriously though, it's pretty awesome and endearing when a total "man's man", talks about stuff like snow tires, winterizing, boobs, the merits of different vehicles, etc with the guys, but has that sweet mushy side just for you.

Old 01-25-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Ugh, my ex used to say things like that

Old 01-25-2016, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.mathlete View Post
if someone called me a puffy marshmallow, i'd burst into tears and eat nothing but romaine lettuce for the rest of my life.

seriously though, it's pretty awesome and endearing when a total "man's man", talks about stuff like snow tires, winterizing, boobs, the merits of different vehicles, etc with the guys, but has that sweet mushy side just for you.

Ha ha!

Old 01-25-2016, 11:34 AM

426 posts, read 368,653 times
Quote:
Can I steal this?

Old 01-25-2016, 11:36 AM

426 posts, read 368,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
If someone called me a puffy marshmallow, I'd burst into tears and eat nothing but romaine lettuce for the rest of my life.

Seriously though, it's pretty awesome and endearing when a total "man's man", talks about stuff like snow tires, winterizing, boobs, the merits of different vehicles, etc with the guys, but has that sweet mushy side just for you.
Hey I thou it was good.
Can't blame me for trying

Old 01-25-2016, 11:48 AM

3,688 posts, read 4,996,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSparks View Post
Can I steal this?

I don't recommend it. No offense meant but (and I accept that everything before the word but now won't actually count) I don't think you're ready for that particular kind of weaponry. One does not hand the new recruit a belt-loaded Browning .50 and say "What the heck, let's just see what happens..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships