Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 05:56 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotherner2346 View Post
No, not at all. My OP, was that no women have shown me any interest.... A little encouragement does wonders for us guys.
What exactly are you expecting then?

Old 01-24-2016, 05:59 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
You posted all your good points.

You're either not paying attention or something is wrong. What are your negatives?

Old 01-24-2016, 06:00 PM

15 posts, read 12,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
What exactly are you expecting then?
All I am saying is that it would be nice, if for once a girl would show some interest by smiling, flirting, etc. It gives a guy the green light to go forward with pursuing a friendship (knowing that they are not completely repulsed by your appearance) and then later a relationship.

Old 01-24-2016, 06:03 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,048 times
Quote:
All I am saying is that it would be nice, if a few girls would show some interest by smiling, flirting, etc. It gives a guy the green light to go forward with pursuing a friendship and then later a relationship.
How are you putting yourself out there for this to happen?

Surely you're not just expecting random people in your daily life to be doing this?

Old 01-24-2016, 06:04 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
I have approached women- but not recently. I have had no success with that.

Most guys have a women smile, chat w/then, etc to show that they are open to a relationship. It bothers me that I am ignored, where this is concerned.
Yes but HOW do you approach them and where? What I'm getting at is a woman is more than likely willing to " smile " and allow a man to approach if it's the right place and time.

For example in a bar is excellent and especially if you are out with the lads and you see a group of ladies I'm sure one of either group would initiate contact and then more often than not they join your group and that's how YOU get talking to one . Now if you're approaching women that are working or even with their kids/family ( I've seen some actually do it LOL ) then you will have no chance.

As for your looks/ interests I'm sure quite a few will find you " smokin' hot! " ( I believe it's called ) as ALL women have different tastes/requirements they look for in a man, so if you do get turned down its quite possible it's not your fault as your just not there " type "

Old 01-24-2016, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
How are you putting yourself out there for this to happen?

Surely you're not just expecting random people in your daily life to be doing this?
The interesting thing is that I have read/heard countless stories of guys being "hit on" by women throughout daily interaction. They tell of the girl at the grocery checkout line asking if they are single, the bank teller asking if he is married, the woman who makes a point of saying she is single & smiles & chats w/them, etc

Never happens to me!

Yes, I admit I should try and put forth more effort on my end.....but the lack of interest/encouragement makes this a seemingly insurmountable challenge for me. Had I experienced; being flirted with even once, I might have a very different outlook on putting myself out there.

I was ignored by women when I was in school, but I focused on my goals. Now years later, it seems the cycle continues.

Old 01-24-2016, 06:12 PM

579 posts, read 555,664 times
Quote:
The interesting thing is that I have read/heard countless stories of guys being "hit on" by women throughout daily interaction. They tell of the girl at the grocery checkout line asking if they are single, the bank teller asking if he is married, the woman who makes a point of saying she is single & smiles & chats w/them, etc

Never happens to me!

Yes, I admit I should try and put forth more effort on my end.....but the lack of interest/encouragement makes this a seemingly insurmountable challenge. Had I experienced; being flirted with even once, I might have a very different outlook on putting myself out there

I was ignored by women when I was in school, but I focused on my goals. Now years later, it seems the cycle continues.
You sound like you're just waiting for women to come up to you and chat... Traditionally, this is not what typically happens. Usually the man initiates.

Old 01-24-2016, 06:15 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,384,777 times
Quote:
All I am saying is that it would be nice, if for once a girl would show some interest by smiling, flirting, etc. It gives a guy the green light to go forward with pursuing a friendship (knowing that they are not completely repulsed by your appearance) and then later a relationship.
No on the friendship first. No. No. No. Don't worship women.

Go out an approach. Set a goal... like at least 3 a week. Don't be too nice.

Where do you like to hang out at?

Old 01-24-2016, 06:20 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty2011 View Post
this. And i have to say, it's a little strange to embellish two decades of women not showing interest in you, when two decades ago you were a toddler.
lol!!

Old 01-24-2016, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
As for your looks/ interests I'm sure quite a few will find you " smokin' hot! " ( I believe it's called ) as ALL women have different tastes/requirements they look for in a man, so if you do get turned down its quite possible it's not your fault as your just not there " type "
I doubt it. None have so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships