Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 09:41 AM

741 posts, read 478,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
LOL, wut?
Why is that funny? My ex used to say that all the time. That like I get to say whatever I was (not just me but other people too) because he fought for our freedom to do that. It's just what I think about thats why I said it. Sorry I'm cheesy I guess
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
So you're okay with all the changes that come at you, the moves, the deployments, training. Never really able to make concrete long term plans (weddings, vacations, holidays) because leave requests can get scrapped. Even couples who do their best to plan run into problems. I know more than just 1 woman who despite planning ends up giving birth alone.

It's not a lifestyle for someone who is emotionally needy.
I know and I think I can handle it. My ex described what his ex did everyday and literally it was nothing. I know I could do it. I do like plans but I am adaptable and flexible especially for my future husband

Old 01-25-2016, 10:09 AM

4,043 posts, read 3,770,251 times
Well if this thread doesn't scare you then maybe you're ready

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ate-thing.html

Old 01-25-2016, 10:11 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
Why is that funny? My ex used to say that all the time. That like I get to say whatever I was (not just me but other people too) because he fought for our freedom to do that. It's just what I think about thats why I said it. Sorry I'm cheesy I guess

Just ill informed.

Old 01-25-2016, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
Well if this thread doesn't scare you then maybe you're ready

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ate-thing.html
That's very scary and sad. I don't want that.

Old 01-25-2016, 10:40 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
That's very scary and sad. I don't want that.
And yet you claim that military guy who has PTSD and drives drunk is "perfect" for you?

The other post is exactly what you are trying your hardest to get yourself into. You need to stop looking for the guy that will marry you and knock you up soonest and start looking for stability in yourself.

Old 01-25-2016, 10:49 AM

780 posts, read 678,212 times
Do you have some sort of terminal illness? Meaning, you have limited days ahead of you?

The reason I ask is, let's say you don't find a man and get married by 27, what is going to happen to you? Are you going to burst into nothingness or something?

Old 01-25-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And yet you claim that military guy who has PTSD and drives drunk is "perfect" for you?

The other post is exactly what you are trying your hardest to get yourself into. You need to stop looking for the guy that will marry you and knock you up soonest and start looking for stability in yourself.
That's true. Very very true. I wish I would just get myself together soon. I know it seems like I don't listen but I really do. I post a lot when things happen that trigger me like that pregnant girl last week, or the military guy telling me he doesn't care about anyone at all (this week) I get emotional and bring it here because I can't tell my friends and my brother tells me the same thing and it upsets me.

Old 01-25-2016, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwalas View Post
Do you have some sort of terminal illness? Meaning, you have limited days ahead of you?

The reason I ask is, let's say you don't find a man and get married by 27, what is going to happen to you? Are you going to burst into nothingness or something?
No. And no I won't I'll just be really lonely and sad I think and jealous and bitter. That's what I'm struggling with most. Like I look at these couples I know who are my age and younger and think omg what do they have that I don't? Sense of self esteem and self worth?? Well how come I don't have that naturally like they obviously do? My one friend was just like me obsessed with marriage and she wanted to be proposed to at graduation in Sept she met a guy who very well could propose to her by may at our graduation they love each other a ton and she's 23.

I have another friend I posted about (the housewarming/ engagement) her husband died this summer she got engaged on Christmas. Things like that never happen to me, finding 1 person who wants to marry me is hard enough she's had 2

Old 01-25-2016, 10:55 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,333,000 times
Quote:
I can't with this. I absolutely hate the whole "I fought for your freedom so I'm allowed to be an *******." thing.

Quote:
I know and I think I can handle it. My ex described what his ex did everyday and literally it was nothing. I know I could do it. I do like plans but I am adaptable and flexible especially for my future husband
What was nothing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships