Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 03:37 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
My current partner and myself hardly fight, we have had very very minor arguments which quickly resolve and I see that as a good sign because we have open communication and don't allow things to build up, however sometimes she mentions that is a problem as she has not seen how our relationship fares when we fight. My philosophy is that fighting is unnecessary between two mature individuals who can hash out differences in a more civil way, she is not so sure and thinks fighting is inevitable.

In past relationships I have had big fights, have learned why they happened and I now work hard for things not to escalate to that stage because in my opinion fighting sucks. Some people say it strengthens the relationship when you fight and make up but I have never had that experience.
i know several people who are married for many years and NEVER fight.

It depends on the individuals and their chemistry between each other. Some NEED fights, some don't. Some had fights in the past relationships and learned from it. Some don't.

I would suggest your gf reads up on the topic, google is your friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2016, 03:38 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
My current partner and myself hardly fight, we have had very very minor arguments which quickly resolve and I see that as a good sign because we have open communication and don't allow things to build up, however sometimes she mentions that is a problem as she has not seen how our relationship fares when we fight. My philosophy is that fighting is unnecessary between two mature individuals who can hash out differences in a more civil way, she is not so sure and thinks fighting is inevitable.

In past relationships I have had big fights, have learned why they happened and I now work hard for things not to escalate to that stage because in my opinion fighting sucks. Some people say it strengthens the relationship when you fight and make up but I have never had that experience.
Your current girlfriend? The one that makes you feel bad about yourself?

Old 01-25-2016, 04:48 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,785,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Your current girlfriend? The one that makes you feel bad about yourself?
LOL! Yes, that one. I do not fight about it because she says she is being patient for the problem to resolve and I guess I should be lucky that she is not bailing and sticking around?

Old 01-25-2016, 05:19 PM

221 posts, read 318,136 times
I feel like the honeymoon phase ends when the relationship no longer feels "exciting" or "fresh" like it once did. You can almost FEEL the change go from that excitement to a new level of comfort that's maybe not as exciting. I don't think this is a bad thing; in fact, I think it's a change that takes the relationship to a new, BETTER level.

And it was at that palpable change that my boyfriend broke up with me.

Old 01-25-2016, 05:22 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,785,978 times
Does everyone have wild, passionate, break all the kitchenware, rip clothes off, 24x7, 4 hour marathon sex during the honeymoon phase like they show in the movies? Does anyone actually "only" have sex 1-2 times a week in tje initial phase?

Old 01-25-2016, 05:26 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
LOL! Yes, that one. I do not fight about it because she says she is being patient for the problem to resolve and I guess I should be lucky that she is not bailing and sticking around?
Well, a relationship should make you happy. You don't seem very happy to me.

Quote:
Does everyone have wild, passionate, break all the kitchenware, rip clothes off, 24x7, 4 hour marathon sex during the honeymoon phase like they show in the movies? Does anyone actually "only" have sex 1-2 times a week in tje initial phase?
Well, that's how my honeymoon phases were. We only got to the 1-2 times a week phase once other things were introduced - dog, kids, etc.

Old 01-25-2016, 05:54 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,713,551 times
In my first marriage, the honeymoon phase was almost frighteningly literal.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:19 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,449,875 times
Quote:
My current partner and myself hardly fight, we have had very very minor arguments which quickly resolve and I see that as a good sign because we have open communication and don't allow things to build up, however sometimes she mentions that is a problem as she has not seen how our relationship fares when we fight.
LH and I didn't fight either. We had disagreements we resolved before they got out of hand. To be honest, I don't know how healthy that really is.

I find that the "honeymoon phase" typically lasts about 6 months. After that, the couple tends to "come up for air" - they are settling into a routine and they remember they have friends and realize they can't remember the last time they saw them so they start spending time with them again. The relationship is secure at this point, so they are okay with a little bit of space.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:37 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
Honey, the honeymoon phase does not have to end at any certain time. My ex and I were married for 10 years, and everyone would say,I cant believe that you two still seem to be on your honeymoon phase.

We loved each other and it showed! years and years later. no time frame.

Old 01-28-2016, 09:40 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Honey, the honeymoon phase does not have to end at any certain time. My ex and I were married for 10 years, and everyone would say,I cant believe that you two still seem to be on your honeymoon phase.

We loved each other and it showed! years and years later. no time frame.
... and then what happened?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships