Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Guys, would you consider a mail order bride?
Heck Yeah! 37 19.07%
Hmmm, Maybe 41 21.13%
Heck No! 99 51.03%
Gal, lemme see!!! 17 8.76%
Voters: 194. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 10:41 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,675,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Interesting. I am a good looking man and knew foreigner girls in college, very easy to approach. Do not get me wrong there are some cool American women.

I would not mind going to other countries and dating just to experience it...
Do it, you probably will not regret it. I've traveled around the world and spent seven years also living and working with all sorts of foreigners in a ski resort. The grass IS greener on the outside. I actually have FUN when I date euro, south american or australian/kiwi women.

In regards to south american women, they WANT you to flirt and it's a lot of fun playing the romantic footsie. But they don't use sex as a control weapon like American women that put sex on platter and say we have to do this this and this and that that and that to get it. South american women just blank your brains out and they enjoy it while they do it. Enthusiatically so!

These days if you watch the deals you can fly almost any major place in the world for around a $1000 give or take a few hundred bucks. And you can be there in 24 hours of travel time at most. It's cheaper for me to go to Australia, rent an apartment in Sydney for a month, than to round up a bunch of haughty American women, go on FIRST dates, pay though the wazoo to wine and dine them and listen to all their man hating b.s. For me, less cost, more fun, more good times. It's a no brainer.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:54 PM

403 posts, read 1,120,004 times
You know, the sad thing is that there are American women reading this thread right now that think you guys are a bunch of jerks; instead of pondering, "Have we really gotten that bad? Maybe we have become too high on ourselves, and it's time to rethink our attitude."

Countdown to angry, ugly, feminist retort in 5...4...3...2...

Old 12-12-2008, 06:10 AM

464 posts, read 1,741,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I find it interesting when American men characterize the women from countries that are heavy into the mail order bride industry as the "ideal" women.

Of course men want the have their cake and eat it too. They go through American women (starting from their teen years) like a box of tissue. Then when they get to 35 or 40 they decide that American women are too hard, too loose, too dominant, too materialistic, etc, etc, yadda yadda, poo poo.

These same men then decide that they want a women who is half their age, (sometimes)barely speaks the same language and is desperate to get out of their impoverished circumstances. These men do not want their equals, they want a fembot. They want someone who is literally dependent on them for EVERYTHING. But these women (who have nothing to lose usually) and very well versed in deception.

My uncle married a woman from the Philippines. In the beginning, she was very docile. As she gained a better foothold, she became "Americanized" and started to assert herself. When my uncle started to object to these little changes (hoarding money, sending lots of money to the Philippines, running up huge credit card bills) she divorced him, took a good chunk of money and married another man with money.
Is your Uncle looking to get married again, or has he called it quits ? I think the thing about marrying later in life is that both people have a ton of baggage they take along .

Old 12-12-2008, 08:47 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,220,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venusian_Artist View Post
You know, the sad thing is that there are American women reading this thread right now that think you guys are a bunch of jerks; instead of pondering, "Have we really gotten that bad? Maybe we have become too high on ourselves, and it's time to rethink our attitude."

Countdown to angry, ugly, feminist retort in 5...4...3...2...
You're funny - if anyone disagrees with you it's because they're angry, ugly, feminists. ROFL. http://spoiledmaltese.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/rofl.gif (broken link)

Actually, as it happens I do think that some American women expect too much from men, just because of the amatomical difference. I find this strange. However I highly doubt that it is just American women who do this. The fact is that there will be SOME women who do this in almost every country.

To say that it's just American women is just silly.

Having said that, I do believe that men who seek out mail order brides, do so because they are unable to find a partner in real life who would be interested in dating them.
You can see from the 1950s thread that there are still a lot of American women who are willing to take a subserviant status to their man, so if a guy is so insecure that he feels that he needs someone like that - they are available. Someone going the mail order route, hasn't even managed to get one of THOSE women!

Dating foreign girls is always interesting, just because as wanneroo points out, the customs and expectations are so different depending on where you are in the world. Adds spice to life. I highly doubt that many of those Ozzie chicks would be prepared to take a secondary status in life though.

IMHO 'real men' are secure enough in their masculinity and confident enough to want an equal partner in a relationship - not looking for someone who needs to be dominated by a man because they can't hack life alone.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:55 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Someone going the mail order route, hasn't even managed to get one of THOSE women!
That’s not necessarily the reason. They want them submissive AND hot! Of course, when you’re too greedy it backfires more often than not.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:57 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,692,848 times
If you just want to "blank" women, get a prostitute? cheaper than airfare and hotels, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Do it, you probably will not regret it. I've traveled around the world and spent seven years also living and working with all sorts of foreigners in a ski resort. The grass IS greener on the outside. I actually have FUN when I date euro, south american or australian/kiwi women.

In regards to south american women, they WANT you to flirt and it's a lot of fun playing the romantic footsie. But they don't use sex as a control weapon like American women that put sex on platter and say we have to do this this and this and that that and that to get it. South american women just blank your brains out and they enjoy it while they do it. Enthusiatically so!

These days if you watch the deals you can fly almost any major place in the world for around a $1000 give or take a few hundred bucks. And you can be there in 24 hours of travel time at most. It's cheaper for me to go to Australia, rent an apartment in Sydney for a month, than to round up a bunch of haughty American women, go on FIRST dates, pay though the wazoo to wine and dine them and listen to all their man hating b.s. For me, less cost, more fun, more good times. It's a no brainer.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:21 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,220,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That’s not necessarily the reason. They want them submissive AND hot! Of course, when you’re too greedy it backfires more often than not.
Good point.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:26 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,692,848 times
what's so great about a hot, submissive woman? why go through the trouble of going overseas? just get a hooker, I'm sure there are hot ones out there, and you can pay them to be submissive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Good point.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:29 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,139,299 times
Im interested in marrying a woman from the South or Southwest. I have googled sites for this but was unsuccesful. If you are from these areas send me a pm. I want to relocate away from PA and meet a Southern Belle.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:30 AM

3,982 posts, read 10,461,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
what's so great about a hot, submissive woman? why go through the trouble of going overseas? just get a hooker, I'm sure there are hot ones out there, and you can pay them to be submissive.
i guess its the difference between stalking a wild panther in the jungle and ordering dominos

they both will fill your belly, butt ones way more excting!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships