Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Guys, would you consider a mail order bride?
Heck Yeah! 37 19.07%
Hmmm, Maybe 41 21.13%
Heck No! 99 51.03%
Gal, lemme see!!! 17 8.76%
Voters: 194. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 09:34 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,220,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
i guess its the difference between stalking a wild panther in the jungle and ordering dominos

they both will fill your belly, butt ones way more excting!!!
Ha! Funny post!

Old 12-12-2008, 09:48 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
what's so great about a hot, submissive woman? why go through the trouble of going overseas? just get a hooker, I'm sure there are hot ones out there, and you can pay them to be submissive.
Yeah, but they're not gonna clean for you, cook for you, and be dependent on you in every and each way, at least for a while. I didn't mean "submissive" in S&M way.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:10 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,692,848 times
I knew what you meant by submissive. But seriously, how long will that keep you interested?
if a woman doesn't cook,clean, etc for you is she a b***h? can't you do those things for yourself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yeah, but they're not gonna clean for you, cook for you, and be dependent on you in every and each way, at least for a while. I didn't mean "submissive" in S&M way.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
can't you do those things for yourself?
You CAN do many things, but it doesn't mean you WANT to. That's why therapists recommend wording the sentences asking SOs to take care of something to start with "will you" or "would you" because they sure CAN do it but WILL NOT do it.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:20 AM

well, you have other issues then if you feel you need/want to boss SO's around to do whatever you want them to do for you.
good luck with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You CAN do many things, but it doesn't mean you WANT to. That's why therapists recommend wording the sentences asking SOs to take care of something to start with "will you" or "would you" because they sure CAN do it but WILL NOT do it.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
well, you have other issues then if you feel you need/want to boss SO's around to do whatever you want them to do for you.
good luck with that.
That's what I say, too.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:35 AM

525 posts, read 948,160 times
Default WOW!! awesome post!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Do it, you probably will not regret it. I've traveled around the world and spent seven years also living and working with all sorts of foreigners in a ski resort. The grass IS greener on the outside. I actually have FUN when I date euro, south american or australian/kiwi women.

In regards to south american women, they WANT you to flirt and it's a lot of fun playing the romantic footsie. But they don't use sex as a control weapon like American women that put sex on platter and say we have to do this this and this and that that and that to get it. South american women just blank your brains out and they enjoy it while they do it. Enthusiatically so!

These days if you watch the deals you can fly almost any major place in the world for around a $1000 give or take a few hundred bucks. And you can be there in 24 hours of travel time at most. It's cheaper for me to go to Australia, rent an apartment in Sydney for a month, than to round up a bunch of haughty American women, go on FIRST dates, pay though the wazoo to wine and dine them and listen to all their man hating b.s. For me, less cost, more fun, more good times. It's a no brainer.
It's really ashame that men in US must think in terms of 'cost' when it comes to US women. I like your idea.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:43 AM

403 posts, read 1,120,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
You're funny - if anyone disagrees with you it's because they're angry, ugly, feminists. ROFL.
Well, I for one applaud that you were completely unaffected by my post. You showed me.

Sierra, Sportsfangal, et al.

You've managed to change the discussion by ignoring what the prominent pro-"mail order" posters are saying in this thread: that it's not about having someone who's submissive, it's about being with someone who is fun, and doesn't feel entitled to preferential treatment--preferential, as in, better than they treat you.

By changing the argument to one that is socially acceptable, you've unintentionally (presumably) demonstrated that you cannot disagree with those who are in favor of foreign women over the domestically born, and that you must change the discussion to one you can effectively debate.

Even more fallacious, my friends, you've now begun to laugh amongst yourselves about how absurd a position it is. But it is not the position of those in favor in this thread, it is the strawman you created yourselves in reaction to their espoused beliefs.

And just to reiterate and offset a further departure from the issue, I am not in the pro-camp, just an observer who agrees with the observations they've made, but has drawn very different conclusions from said same.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:00 PM

well I was responding to Sierra mostly about wanting foreign women or mail order brides because they were more submissive and sexually giving that American women. I wasn't trying to change the conversation into anything other than I though it was strange that he would go to such great lengths to get a woman to do what he wanted.
It's also disrespectful, IMO, to exploit foreign women for sexual satisfaction. It says something about his self-esteem issues to have to find a mate like that in a foreign country.

But you're right, the post was about mail order brides, so, back on topic, I have a friend of a friend who went to Texas for a wife-buying seminar. It was a room full of Latin (mostly Mexican, I think) women, and guys would just pick one. Well, I've learned through my friend that it's not working out. they have a child, but I heard that he can't stand her now, she's gained weight, etc.

Are there mail order husbands? I'd like a good-looking, hard-working Swede, size: L, what's the return policy??

ok, ok, I'll stop!! just joking!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venusian_Artist View Post
Well, I for one applaud that you were completely unaffected by my post. You showed me.

Sierra, Sportsfangal, et al.

You've managed to change the discussion by ignoring what the prominent pro-"mail order" posters are saying in this thread: that it's not about having someone who's submissive, it's about being with someone who is fun, and doesn't feel entitled to preferential treatment--preferential, as in, better than they treat you.

By changing the argument to one that is socially acceptable, you've unintentionally (presumably) demonstrated that you cannot disagree with those who are in favor of foreign women over the domestically born, and that you must change the discussion to one you can effectively debate.

Even more fallacious, my friends, you've now begun to laugh amongst yourselves about how absurd a position it is. But it is not the position of those in favor in this thread, it is the strawman you created yourselves in reaction to their espoused beliefs.

And just to reiterate and offset a further departure from the issue, I am not in the pro-camp, just an observer who agrees with the observations they've made, but has drawn very different conclusions from said same.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Are there mail order husbands? I'd like a good-looking, hard-working Swede, size: L, what's the return policy??
Sure. Sometimes I'm thinking that dear Lord might not want me to go without having been ever married to somebody of my own nationality. However, many conveniently forget that the US hardly has the appeal it used to have anymore. At first the Internet destroyed the sand castle and now the whole world got a sniff of our stinking economy. In other words, it's not a good idea to order a husband of my nationality because he'd have to really be crazy about me in order to put up with living here and even that may not be enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships