Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 10:38 PM

183 posts, read 270,912 times

Advertisements

Everything in society revolves around money

- You need an income to afford an apartment or house, and even if all you are doing is renting, in the eyes of other people, the place is yours, since they don't know if you own it or not. Most people will not ask private financial matters also.

- You need money to afford a vehicle; you need money for gas, repairs, insurance, tags, proper credit, etc.

- You need money to have a girlfriend. No woman would like to be with a man who is broke. You need at least some form of income, so you can take her out, do stuff, enjoy life and show that you have your act together.

- You need money to have a wife. Weddings are expensive, and your financial situation plays a huge role if a woman decides to marry you or not.

- You need money to have children. You may not need money to impregnate a woman, but you need an income to take care of your kids. You need money to form and maintain the family. You are considered the pillar of the family. You are expected to provide. If you can't provide child support, you are sent to prison.

- You need money to make more money. You need money (get in debt) for education. You need money to start a business.

Your value as a man is mostly determined by a house, car, education, and family. Not surprisingly and very conveniently, they are the ones that require the most money to obtain.

A woman can be without a car, income, job, house, and as long as she is attractive, most men will still date/support her. If you are an attractive man, you are still required to meet the same requirements that society has for average men, and if anything, the expectations are much higher for you, because of yours looks.

This is why so many people, especially men, suck up to their boss, swallow their pride and do anything they can, which is better than not making any money and being considered a complete loser at life.

If you manage to meet or not, the expectations that society has for you, is 100% dependent on your employment, your whole life, and future as a man is in your boss hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 10:55 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,381,919 times

Old 02-09-2016, 11:01 PM

52,350 posts, read 52,821,277 times
Glimmers of truth, seen through an immature set of eyes.....

Old 02-09-2016, 11:02 PM

2,894 posts, read 2,459,901 times
And here we go again. Is there a full moon or something going on I'm unaware of?

Old 02-09-2016, 11:03 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,553,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy2U View Post
And here we go again. Is there a full moon or something going on I'm unaware of?
April fools days soon right?

Old 02-09-2016, 11:05 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,457,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy2U View Post
What's fascinating to me is how one-sided these nutty diatribes are.
I mean, yeah, he's delving into the trials and tribulations of being a man who has to navigate through a series of choices and experiences in order to earn a particular place in society but then completely glosses over the fact that even if a woman used her looks to get a guy, she'd be completely at his mercy if she didn't jump through the same hoops to create stability and position for herself.

But I imagine that would lead to a lot less complaining.

Old 02-09-2016, 11:15 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,364,823 times
Granted, life in the post-industrial world revolves, to a great deal, around the insecurities caused by finances -- which are aggravated by the problem that most of us find ourselves tethered to a straight. fixed salary as soon as we're employed.

And the problem is complicated by the schlockmeisters of Madison Avenue who use all manner of deceptions:

Case in Point #1: Our product/service costs only xx pennies a day; (But those pennies stall add up if you don't use the merchandise, or forget about it.)

Case in Point #2: if you're already in the 25% tax bracket, the cost of xx cents per day is increased 25% -- the cost of the schlock, and the cost of the tax on the extra money you had to earn to add it to your budget. And don]t forget that state and local income tax, and in most instances, Social Security taxes are added to that bill.

And let's not forget all the package deals -- "bundling" saves you nothing if the "bundle" includes things you never intended to buy.

And find a source of income, however small, that's not under your boss's direct control. Devote that to any sideline that fits your mode of living. money you didn't "suck up" for commands more respect.

You have to show the other party that you can see through the hype .... but that you're ready to bargain once the hype is taken off the table.

Now about the ladies: Admittedly, I haven't played the field all that much. But there have been a few times when someone of the opposite gender has shown me that she didn't "swallow the bait" any more than I did, and that ahe knew how to make more mileage out of what help I could provide. And few things are more important.

I recall one in particular; a very brave single Mom to whom I was introduced. One morning out of the blue, I got the bad news that her Mom -- a long ways out of town, had passed on. So I trusted my instincts and helped out with the plane fare.

As it turned out, a fairy-tale romance did not bloom, for reasons other than financial. But the two of us had shown each other that we knew what really counted. She needed, and got, a little help (and justified my trust); I needed, and got, purpose. We are still the closest of friends after over twenty years, and she has built quite a life for herself and hers.

Money is just a tool, and a measure; the substance, rather than the form, is what counts.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 02-09-2016 at 11:29 PM..

Old 02-09-2016, 11:22 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,333,155 times
I don't even know how to respond anymore, one gender bashing thread after another, same old poo different member name and presented as actual truth and fact only related to women........because men never, ever, do the same thing or have the same needs, or use women for sex and nothing more or, or, or............
I swear it just gets tiring.

Original Poster: There has always been some sort of barter between humans for goods or services so I'm not sure why you are so surprised you need money for the things you listed above. An FYI though..........women need the same thing as the men you listed above, your list is not limited to one gender and should not be presented as such.

Old 02-09-2016, 11:35 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,219,964 times
Short version:

Bad Day at the Office. Got Reamed By the Boss.

Old 02-09-2016, 11:42 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,057,982 times
Yes...stuff costs money...

Thank you for letting us know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships