Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 07:00 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,827,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
I can only speculate, but if Robert were here, I think this is what he'd say:

"It's not you, it's me. I'd like to stay friends but can't handle how intense my feelings are for you. I don't want to hold you back. We're just at very different points in our lives right now. I need to focus on my career. I need my space. I'm just not ready for this kind of relationship. You deserve better than me. I love you all, but like a friend. And you all don't understand me. When you define something, you limit it. I think we should see other message boards."
Interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 07:39 PM

237 posts, read 440,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
I can only speculate, but if Robert were here, I think this is what he'd say:

"It's not you, it's me. I'd like to stay friends but can't handle how intense my feelings are for you. I don't want to hold you back. We're just at very different points in our lives right now. I need to focus on my career. I need my space. I'm just not ready for this kind of relationship. You deserve better than me. I love you all, but like a friend. And you all don't understand me. When you define something, you limit it. I think we should see other message boards."
LMAO you got Robert messed up.

Out of all the relationships I've had only one lady had kids (a son and a daughter.) I wouldn't care if I trully felt love for a woman I could accept their kids as part of my family, but personally I prefer childless women because kids can destroy a house (and I'm 19)

Old 03-14-2013, 07:47 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,894,144 times
Single, never married, women w/o children, PREFER men in similar situations. No one killing someone's income, loose thread (still sleeping with their partners), drama that people tend to bring to the table. So please understand why compromise happens I don't believe that is preference. BUT if you fall in love you learn to love everything about another person (including their children) .

Old 03-15-2013, 12:06 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,886,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirl007 View Post
Single, never married, women w/o children, PREFER men in similar situations. No one killing someone's income, loose thread (still sleeping with their partners), drama that people tend to bring to the table. So please understand why compromise happens I don't believe that is preference. BUT if you fall in love you learn to love everything about another person (including their children) .
Unfortunately not everyone learns to love everything about the partner, which is why many divorce. I know people who truly loved their stepkids but these tended to be situations where the kids were young and the other partner had limited role (or none like in the case of widowed people) or situations where everyone gets along. Neither situation is common in my experience.

Old 03-16-2013, 12:23 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,064,128 times
I am a divorced woman with no kids. I always felt, especially for a woman, it looks strange to have never been married once you reach a certain age. I was divorced in my mid 30s and have no children. I am not the most maternal woman out there, I never wanted to have a baby. But I do love other people's children and I prefer to date men who already have kids. The reason being (assuming the kids are good kids, I don't want someone with wild children. So far, I have been extremely lucky with this.) they are less likely to require it of me. If I marry and he wants a child, I am willing especially if he doesn't already have them. I don't want to deprive anyone and I know I'd be a good mom because of the side of me that likes kids and kids do like me too. Yes, of course I realize there is tons more to it than that.
I think in dating there is every kind of combination of preferences but it really comes down to whom you like. A lot will be overlooked, even the whole single mom thing , which is so common these days the OP is cutting off more than half of his options I'd guess. Sure people have preferences, but so much of that goes out the window when you find someone you really like. I try to be and am in most things, very open minded. I think you have to be if you are sincerely looking.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:53 PM

175 posts, read 279,290 times
I am a single, childless, professional woman in my late 20s. Of course I prefer to date men without kids. Why would I want to co-parent another couple's child/ren? It is not a complete deal-breaker, but if given the hypothetical option and all other factors are equal I will choose the childless man everytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I am a never married white collar male. People are surprised when they meet me and hear this. Too much school and changed careers - my fault for that.

This will inevitably pi** some women posters off. I have always tried to date childless professional women, preferably never married as well. I feel that there is way too much in common and they've traveled the same road I have. I can't stand when a woman with kids, who may be interested, immediately begins to talk about her kids to you...as if you really care about kids produced by and loyal to another man, assuming he's even minimally in the picture. It's an incredible conflict of interests. I just walk away.

One disturbing thing I see is that a lot of never-married women have an intimacy problem. They can be incredibly cold. Two very attractive never-married women I know admitted to being incestually molested as children and have spent a lot of time in therapy. I can't change that and am sorry that they are missing out on emotional and yes, even PHYSICAL, intimacy which I enjoy a LOT. One talk show said it has occurred to 1 in 7 women and that, for men, it's about half that figure. That's 14% of the female population...unbelievable.

So, the question, wouldn't you never-married men prefer to date never-married women or childless women? And wouldn't you never-married women prefer to date a never-married or childless man? As for the latter, it seems so many women don't care...what, the dude's ejaculated and created offspring...does that make him more virile? C'mon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships