Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2016, 04:47 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,215,761 times

Advertisements

Why would a woman spend time trying to understand MGTOW? That's sort of like asking a black person to sit down and try to understand a KKK member. I really don't see a point.

Old 02-11-2016, 05:01 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,228,499 times
Why is this thread still going on? There are far more important things to worry about in this country then a bunch of dudes who want attention for not being able to get laid. There's an entire city of people who don't have clean drinking water right now as we speak due to criminal negligence. And this is what people want to talk about?

Old 02-11-2016, 05:04 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,474,545 times
Just becuase you don't like/don't have a personal interest of what's being discussed it doesn't mean it isn't an interest to others...

It's normal to want to try and understand people when their motivations make little sense to our own.

Old 02-11-2016, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
Just becuase you don't like what's being discussed or it makes you uncomfortable doesn't mean it isn't an interest to others...

It's normal to want to try and understand people when their motivations make little sense to our own.
Sometimes. And sometimes not. Would you be interested in talking to women who start a movement about wanting nothing to do with men? And who often talk about men in derogatory terms? And have no interest in understanding men? I just don't see the point.

It's not exactly that I don't like what's being discussed and it doesn't make me uncomfortable - I just don't see why people who aren't prejudiced should be the ones to try to understand the ones that are prejudiced. Shouldn't it be the other way around? And why should the people who aren't prejudiced be shamed because they don't like people that are prejudiced?

Old 02-11-2016, 05:13 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,228,499 times
Quote:
Just becuase you don't like what's being discussed or it makes you uncomfortable doesn't mean it isn't an interest to others...

What is there to discuss? A lot of the very people who have posted on this thread have come to the same conclusion, These are a bunch of excuse-making losers who want attention and blame women for their failures. The only effect they could possibly have on society is if they start lashing out like another Elliott Rogers or George Sodini in order to get the attention they so desperately crave.

They sure as hell aren't going to get any sympathy, especially from the group the so desperately want it from: women

I'm not sure what else needs to be said.

Old 02-11-2016, 05:15 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,474,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Sometimes. And sometimes not. Would you be interested in talking to women who start a movement about wanting nothing to do with men? And who often talk about men in derogatory terms? And have no interest in understanding men? I just don't see the point.

It's not exactly that I don't like what's being discussed and it doesn't make me uncomfortable - I just don't see why people who aren't prejudiced should be the ones to try to understand the ones that are prejudiced. Shouldn't it be the other way around? And why should the people who aren't prejudiced be shamed because they don't like people that are prejudiced?
i have been interested and have discussed just what you described.
What I found was different layers of fanaticism all held within the same blanketed term for those who would champion their individual gender rights and qualities.

its no different here outside of it being the opposite gender.

As far as "what is their to discuss?"
Nothing for you. You have already drawn your conclusions and given yourself all the answers you care to have.

Old 02-11-2016, 05:16 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,067,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post

I do understand it a bit. Its just that they don't seem to be able to rationally discuss it, and their language (on here) seems really patronizing.

I mean, I would like to understand why adversaries (say Al Qaeda) want to attack us in their words, as I really don't trust the reasons we're told by our government (they hate our freedoms), etc. That's an obvious example, but I would like to understand people that don't like me, or are my adversaries, or whatever you want to call them. I don't think there can be peace without understanding. Now, if it is indeed a negligibly small group of whiners who aren't capable of communicating their thoughts, and/or those thoughts are based on erroneous information, then yeah, probably not much of a point.

Though my time is probably better sent putting some records up for sale or going and getting a burrito.

Old 02-11-2016, 05:17 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,387,962 times
Quote:
Just becuase you don't like/don't have a personal interest of what's being discussed it doesn't mean it isn't an interest to others...

Everyone here understands very clearly what the motive of this thread is all about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Why is this thread still going on? There are far more important things to worry about in this country then a bunch of dudes who want attention for not being able to get laid. There's an entire city of people who don't have clean drinking water right now as we speak due to criminal negligence. And this is what people want to talk about?

Old 02-11-2016, 05:17 PM

Quote:
i have been interested and have discussed just what you described.
What I found was different layers of fanaticism all held within the same blanketed term for those who would champion their individual gender rights and qualities.

its no different here outside of it being the opposite gender.
Most prejudices boil down to the same few things - mostly fear and blame.

My point about the gender is that it's always more pleasant when it isn't you that is being targeted.

Old 02-11-2016, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I do understand it a bit. Its just that they don't seem to be able to rationally discuss it, and their language (on here) seems really patronizing.

I mean, I would like to understand why adversaries (say Al Qaeda) want to attack us in their words, as I really don't trust the reasons we're told by our government (they hate our freedoms), etc. That's an obvious example, but I would like to understand people that don't like me, or are my adversaries, or whatever you want to call them. I don't think there can be peace without understanding. Now, if it is indeed a negligibly small group of whiners who aren't capable of communicating their thoughts, and/or those thoughts are based on erroneous information, then yeah, probably not much of a point.

Though my time is probably better sent putting some records up for sale or going and getting a burrito.
Yeah - that's my feeling, too. Al Qaeda and the like - YES, I want to understand. People are being killed. In order to attain peace, there has to be some sort of understanding. And although I'm not sure that peace is possible, I'd like to think there might be a way. But MGTOW or the feminists who hate men, unless they are actually causing harm, I don't really need to understand their whining.

And - totally agree with the patronizing. An insult is still an insult even if it's dressed up in some flowery language.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships