Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 09:18 PM

462 posts, read 968,821 times

Advertisements

a woman who loves to laugh & joke and be 'one of the guys'?

I have a lot of male friends mainly because I am down to earth, love to fish & live at the dirt track races during racing season. I put on makeup & am always 'a lady' but love my jeans and am in no way a prissy gal!

Needy, whiny women get on my nerves & I hate the drama that comes with a lot of them. The guys let me be me & dont judge me (I dont think). They dont gossip & stab you in the back - (or the ones I know dont) I grew up with brothers & I guess they made me tough... but I am ALL woman...

Just wondered if you saw me standing amid a group of men laughing & cuttin up how would you perceive me if you didnt know me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 09:36 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpieheaven View Post

I have a lot of male friends mainly because I am down to earth, love to fish & live at the dirt track races during racing season. I put on makeup & am always 'a lady' but love my jeans and am in no way a prissy gal!

Needy, whiny women get on my nerves & I hate the drama that comes with a lot of them. The guys let me be me & dont judge me (I dont think). They dont gossip & stab you in the back - (or the ones I know dont) I grew up with brothers & I guess they made me tough... but I am ALL woman...

Just wondered if you saw me standing amid a group of men laughing & cuttin up how would you perceive me if you didnt know me?
I would like you. But, I am not a guy.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:47 PM

462 posts, read 968,821 times
Dont get me wrong - I have lots of female friends!! I am just comfortable hanging with the fellers sometimes. I feel like I can be myself without having to 'dress to impress' or making sure my nails are done!

Old 11-30-2008, 09:52 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,967,745 times
Quote:

Men like women like that because they are fun and always seem to be positive about things, but if the woman is SOOOO into it that she does not have many female friends then guys tend to think something is wrong with her. Guys would jump into bed with you but never ever want a relationship with you. If a woman cant be friends with other women then something is wrong with her

If I saw a woman standing among a group of men, "laughing and cuttin' it up" I would probably think she's really cool and married to one of the guys. Wouldnt think much else.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:56 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,059,702 times
I would get along with you to a certain point. I grew up with an older brother and 3 male cousins that never allowed me to be very girly. On the other hand, I had a father, that while he was alive, treated me like gold! I was his princess! So, I can be one of the guys but I can also be extremely girly.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:58 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
Are you a he-she or a hish? http://faithandgender.files.wordpres...mmery-no-2.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
I would get along with you to a certain point. I grew up with an older brother and 3 male cousins that never allowed me to be very girly. On the other hand, I had a father, that while he was alive, treated me like gold! I was his princess! So, I can be one of the guys but I can also be extremely girly.

Old 11-30-2008, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Is there something wrong with you?
Seriously?!?

Old 11-30-2008, 10:00 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
^ no I was kidding. are you going to be alright?

Old 11-30-2008, 10:03 PM

I'm fine. No harm here, just seems like you say things like that a lot and not sure if it's you just trying to be funny or struggling with something. Honestly a little worried, that's all.

Old 11-30-2008, 10:15 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,179,490 times
Quote:
a woman who loves to laugh & joke and be 'one of the guys'?...I have a lot of male friends mainly because I am down to earth, love to fish & live at the dirt track races during racing season. I put on makeup & am always 'a lady' but love my jeans and am in no way a prissy gal...Just wondered if you saw me standing amid a group of men laughing & cuttin up how would you perceive me if you didnt know me?
I think such a woman is great with one caveat: she must be feminine. That is, a gal who is fun with the guys is great...as long as she doesn't look and/or act like a guy. I don't need a bunch of makeup, fake boobs, etc. -- real is essential. But she must be -- unmistakeably -- a woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships