Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 06:39 PM

8,438 posts, read 12,118,068 times

Advertisements

I have three friends married for more than 10 years. All of them met their spouses through dating services, one a service for Jewish senior singles! I used to think the services were for the misfits who had no game but I've adopted new respect for their successes.

Anybody know someone who got married to a date from a dating service?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 10:57 PM

107 posts, read 96,391 times
I see this comerical for eharmony I think that says you can find good man or women.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:08 PM

8,438 posts, read 12,118,068 times
Is that true?

Old 02-10-2008, 08:32 PM

15,784 posts, read 21,291,118 times
I'm far off from marriage, but I have met several perfectly wonderful people. Sadly I met the man who I could easily see myself with in the long term shortly before he moved.

Online dating services have allowed me to meet people I would never have run into otherwise. I'm all for broadening my horizons.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:37 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,048,769 times
I know a few people who met on line in a forum, not too dissimilar to this, who married and are happy and together after about 10+ years. But, I haven't met anyone who met anyone through an on-line dating service.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:03 PM

672 posts, read 2,120,821 times
I only know one person who got married thru this type of thing. He worked where I work at now. She lived in another state about 1000 miles away. He spent quite a bit of money moving her, and her stuff here to MO. She was a very pretty girl, and soon went to work in a dept. in the same plant we worked in. I don't know how she was when they first began communicating, but it was a mis-match if there ever has been one. He was a very nice guy, laid back, and soft spoken. She was one of the most foul-mouthed women I've ever met. Her mouth got her in a couple of actual fights with some of the other girls there. She had a drug problem, and soon had some legal problems, in addition to being fired from her job. She messed around a lot on him also. And in spite of all this, he tried for two years to make things work out with that woman. I fault HIM for that, because I would have broke free from her probably in less than a month. He could have too, but he didn't. They are now divorced though. Thats the only case I have really been close to, but it left me with a low opinion of these types of services. But for those who have had success with this, my hat is off to you!!

Old 02-10-2008, 10:42 PM

26,485 posts, read 36,326,066 times
I know I've posted about this here before, but...I went on a dating site once. I was curious and and wanted to skulk, and it didn't allow skulking unless you joined. So I did but I made myself very anon. and didn't post a pic. It was pretty boring. But this one guy contacted me and he was the ER of our Elks Lodge, a former employer of mine, and married. He had his picture in his profile too. Needless to say I printed out the thing and took it down to the Elks were we proceeded pass it around and laugh. Especially at the part where he described himself as "long and thick".

I think the site was friendfinders or some such; what the hell I don't recall.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:33 AM

15,639 posts, read 40,917,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I know I've posted about this here before, but...I went on a dating site once. I was curious and and wanted to skulk, and it didn't allow skulking unless you joined. So I did but I made myself very anon. and didn't post a pic. It was pretty boring. But this one guy contacted me and he was the ER of our Elks Lodge, a former employer of mine, and married. He had his picture in his profile too. Needless to say I printed out the thing and took it down to the Elks were we proceeded pass it around and laugh. Especially at the part where he described himself as "long and thick".

I think the site was friendfinders or some such; what the hell I don't recall.
You probably mean adultfriendfinder. That "long and thick" part is a dead giveaway!

I have sort of a similar incident I posted about about a month or two back. Me and my friends know a guy who posted an ad WITH HIS PIC on a dating site and we were just dying to bust his azz. But we didn't. Hopefully he's not out there giving his wife some creepy disease.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:07 AM

49 posts, read 138,593 times
Dating services are for ugly people and/or psychopaths. If you cant find a woman in real life and have to look for alternatives like datethis.com, you've got problems. If you need a date, just let me know and I'll hook you up. I can't even call back half the broads as it is. Leftovers for you.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:45 AM

672 posts, read 2,120,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stud View Post
Dating services are for ugly people and/or psychopaths. If you cant find a woman in real life and have to look for alternatives like datethis.com, you've got problems. If you need a date, just let me know and I'll hook you up. I can't even call back half the broads as it is. Leftovers for you.

Well, it's important to remember that your "new" women, are probably somebody else's "left-overs." It really sounds like you should check out
ego-deflation.com to me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships