Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 03:03 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fecundity View Post
Which is precisely my point. Men love the chase. You're wired for it. It's not for women to do so. [Insert the book, He's Just Not That Into You]
I am a man. I hate the chase. So something is wrong with your post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2016, 03:06 PM

11 posts, read 6,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
I am a man. I hate the chase. So something is wrong with your post.
Or something is wrong with your wiring,Mod cut, or this thread doesn't concern you then.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-16-2016 at 03:38 PM.. Reason: Read CDR rules in sticky thread.

Old 02-16-2016, 03:11 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
Or something is wrong with your wiring, [snip], or this thread doesn't concern you then.
He's just proved my point

Not all men are the same. Can I ask why you think it's so degrading for a woman to chase a man?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-16-2016 at 03:39 PM..

Old 02-16-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
He's just proved my point

Not all men are the same. Can I ask why you think it's so degrading for a woman to chase a man?
In all of my instances of chasing men, it's never worked out. When I play it cool and let the guy be a man, the results have always been favorable and/or I've attracted whom I'm looking for.

Old 02-16-2016, 03:17 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I agree that it's not the guy's job to do all the chasing, but this particular dude seems to be relying on the last-minute text to make/confirm plans, which is annoying. Maybe he does have other women on the hook and only contacts the OP when other plans fall through, or maybe he's just a thoughtless turd. Who can say? It's up to the OP to decide how much she wants to invest in someone who isn't making a great impression.
I agree.

And I think there is a difference between going after what you want and what the OP seems to think of as chasing. I think a lot of men will go after what they want - i.e. go up to and talk to a woman they find attractive, ask a woman out that they are interested in, follow up by asking them out for a second date, etc. I don't think that most men want to keep pursuing a woman that doesn't answer texts and makes plans at the last minute - which is what the OP seems to think of as chasing. Personally, unless I felt an AMAZING connection with this guy in person, I'm not going to waste my time trying to get him to make plans.

Old 02-16-2016, 03:20 PM

Quote:
In all of my instances of chasing men, it's never worked out. When I play it cool and let the guy be a man, the results have always been favorable and/or I've attracted whom I'm looking for.
Improve you're " game " then

Plus with his behaviour I'm sure he is seeing other birds

Old 02-16-2016, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I agree.

And I think there is a difference between going after what you want and what the OP seems to think of as chasing. I think a lot of men will go after what they want - i.e. go up to and talk to a woman they find attractive, ask a woman out that they are interested in, follow up by asking them out for a second date, etc. I don't think that most men want to keep pursuing a woman that doesn't answer texts and makes plans at the last minute - which is what the OP seems to think of as chasing. Personally, unless I felt an AMAZING connection with this guy in person, I'm not going to waste my time trying to get him to make plans.
Thanks for your comment. He likes to make plans at the last minute, not me. I find this very annoying. The only thing he has going for him is that he's tall and handsome. Other than that, naw...no connection. Which is why I haven't written him back.

Old 02-16-2016, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Improve you're " game " then

Plus with his behaviour I'm sure he is seeing other birds
My game is quite well, actually. Spotting naughty behavior early on and being on the defense.

I bet he's seeing other chicks, just like I'm seeing other dudes. Thanks for the comment.

Old 02-16-2016, 03:24 PM

Quote:
My game is quite well, actually. Spotting naughty behavior early on and being on the defense.

I bet he's seeing other chicks, just like I'm seeing other dudes. Thanks for the comment.
Well there you go, end it and have fun with the other blokes

Old 02-16-2016, 03:30 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Mod cut.

Just end it. If this is his best behavior, it can only go downhill.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-16-2016 at 03:40 PM.. Reason: Off-topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships