Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 09:30 AM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekken2016 View Post
Hey thanks for the great responses everyone, this is much appreciated and more than I had originally anticipated. Great points all around. So I'm definitely proceeding as follows. No more contact from my end until maybe early next week (granted she doesn't reach out first) asking for one more meetup request and then done. Also I've started chatting up other girls so taking that advice for sure.

So just to summarize, the odd thing about this particular girl is unless she's stringing me along due to immaturity or ego-boost as stated by others here, it seemed like I broke down each barrier/**** test she has given. Initially she stated online that she was hesitant about chatting with me (said I was not her usual type) but kept chatting, then I asked her for a phone number and she said she didn't give out her number to strangers, then kept chatting and she gave the number . Then started texting (I know should have picked up the phone initially but it is what it is now) and she's pretty responsive and very upbeat when chatting so it was slightly a surprise when she dropped the whole other guy she likes in the picture thing on me and yet still offered up (albeit a half-ass attempt) to make a date after telling me that. So I'm really not sure- seems like she is just being a challenge or legitimately just doesn't care but is not rude about it. I thought we made a good connection and she obviously hasn't run away outright yet. Ah women are a mystery
I don't think you can determine the level of your connection with someone until you've actually met!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2016, 10:01 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,579,034 times
Quote:
Hey thanks for the great responses everyone, this is much appreciated and more than I had originally anticipated. Great points all around. So I'm definitely proceeding as follows. No more contact from my end until maybe early next week (granted she doesn't reach out first) asking for one more meetup request and then done. Also I've started chatting up other girls so taking that advice for sure.

So just to summarize, the odd thing about this particular girl is unless she's stringing me along due to immaturity or ego-boost as stated by others here, it seemed like I broke down each barrier/**** test she has given. Initially she stated online that she was hesitant about chatting with me (said I was not her usual type) but kept chatting, then I asked her for a phone number and she said she didn't give out her number to strangers, then kept chatting and she gave the number . Then started texting (I know should have picked up the phone initially but it is what it is now) and she's pretty responsive and very upbeat when chatting so it was slightly a surprise when she dropped the whole other guy she likes in the picture thing on me and yet still offered up (albeit a half-ass attempt) to make a date after telling me that. So I'm really not sure- seems like she is just being a challenge or legitimately just doesn't care but is not rude about it. I thought we made a good connection and she obviously hasn't run away outright yet. Ah women are a mystery
Some game playing is always in order. You should not make it too easy for her.

Old 02-19-2016, 01:35 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,959,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It means she really does like that other guy.

But something about you left her unable to just blow you off, so there is interest. However, her equivocating is not a great sign.

Get more aggressive. Plan a date. Offer a place and time. If she won't agree to a first date, back WAY off. It means she's not THAT interested.

Why does it mean " she really likes the other guy"? She's "dating". Sounds like she made the date with the other guy before the OP asked her out. What's she supposed to do, break the date for someone she's yet to even meet? Looks to me like she's keeping her options open at this point.

Old 02-19-2016, 01:48 PM

6,414 posts, read 4,908,175 times
I would continue trying to meet other women and see how that goes. Don't put all your hopes in this lady because she may decide to continue with guy #1 and you are waiting for something that may never happen. The way I approached OLD is not to get to into it because the roller coaster of emotions with drive you crazy. Good luck.

Old 02-19-2016, 01:49 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,529,018 times
You are okay with being someone's second choice? Or if her ardor cools for other guy, are you okay being a placeholder until something better comes along? I personally think life is too short for such.

Old 02-19-2016, 02:05 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,006 times
Keep her as a potential date in the future, but look for others more available.

Plenty of fish at the ocean, my friend.

Old 02-19-2016, 06:38 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Why does it mean " she really likes the other guy"? She's "dating". Sounds like she made the date with the other guy before the OP asked her out. What's she supposed to do, break the date for someone she's yet to even meet? Looks to me like she's keeping her options open at this point.
If you read more carefully, you will notice that what I wrote and what you wrote are two different statements.

Old 02-19-2016, 07:47 PM

524 posts, read 521,585 times
Quote:
So today I texted her asking her out on the weekend and she stated in full disclosure that she already had a date with a guy but was still willing to meet at another time. So I'm trying to figure a couple things out:
What is there to figure out? She told you flat out she's dating another guy. She left the door ajar for you to meet "at another time" but she didn't set up a date, which means she's not interested. Move on.

Old 02-19-2016, 08:28 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,209,689 times
You have described the situation three different ways in this thread so I am a little confused. In the OP you say she has a date with another guy this weekend. Then in your second post you posted that she said she "really liked the guy". Then in your summary you said she "liked the guy".

Anyway.... I would tell her that you will check back with her in a couple weeks. Then after a month, if she is still on the site, you should ask her out again.

Quote:
We are getting everything heavily filtered so I need to read between the lines, I read that she has already been on a date with the other guy.

Old 02-21-2016, 10:09 PM

10 posts, read 8,943 times
Hi Everyone, again thanks for the great advice and responses. I'm grateful. I've decided at this time to no longer pursue nor reach out this the gal (and don't expect she will either). Not sure what the lesson to be learned here was, maybe the margin of error for me is super super low or rather I should stop caring about each interaction with a woman so as not to get my hopes up (what a depressing way to proceed I must say though). Anyway, thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships