Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 12:44 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,721,722 times

Advertisements

She's taking it slow. Leaving a lot of stuff at your place may make her feel that she is giving up her freedom, which is understandable. I wouldn't push the issue for now. In fact, I'd drop it entirely. She's heard you. While you're "waiting", watch how she behaves, not what she says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2016, 12:46 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,265,040 times
She probably steals her roommate's stuff when she comes over.

Old 02-19-2016, 12:49 PM

59 posts, read 65,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccoladiet View Post
My question is should I actually be happy that she was concerned about taking up my space?
Sure, unless you live in a large place with a generously-sized bathroom, and/or she couldn't look at you when she said it.

She may also be a bit confused about your offer, not knowing whether it might be a tacit gesture towards a greater level of commitment. Unless you've addressed the trajectory of the relationship directly she may just be feeling cautious about your intentions. That doesn't necessarily signal anything bad. It's actually pretty smart.

If you've been dating for several months and she's taken to staying over quite often, I would think you're feeling fairly good about who she is (at least you didn't mention any question about it), so I'd let it go without any more thought for now. If you're creeping up on the one-year mark and she's still not leaving anything at your house, then it's time to wonder a bit more.

Old 02-19-2016, 02:05 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:

My question is should I actually be happy that she was concerned about taking up my space?
Yes...laundry is a chore.

[you don't have time for that]

Old 02-19-2016, 03:11 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
OP, why is this even an issue with you? Do you feel rejected just because she didn't want to leave her toothbrush, tampons and other detritus in your bathroom? That's a weird thing to get upset about. I don't even know what kind of "stuff" there would be to leave; unless she uses makeup, hair stuff, and other grooming products (where I come from, there are a lot of women who don't have any of that), there's nothing but a toothbrush and maybe some spare underwear to leave.

I don't understand why people can't be happy with the relationship they have, instead of hunting for petty reasons to get insecure about. She's spending 4 days/week with you. You'd think a person would be thrilled to have a happy, compatible relationship. But no, they have to undermine their own happiness by nitpicking over nothing, and finding hidden negativity behind every nook or cranny.

Old 02-19-2016, 03:21 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
What kind of stuff? Beauty supplies? Groceries? Wardrobe? Workout equipment? Pots and pans?

Old 02-19-2016, 03:56 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,363,404 times
My boyfriend was like that - leave clothes here so next weekend you won't need to bring anything. Well, how do I know what we're going to do and what I should leave? And what shoes? Etc. etc. He could just have a pair of jeans and a couple shirts but depending on plans, that's not gonna work for a woman. And what if I want to wear what I left at his place THIS week? And makeup is too expensive to buy a whole new set for the boyfriend's place. Be satisfied with toothbrush and tampons!

Old 02-19-2016, 04:00 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
For the past 6 months I have been dating this girl. Things seem to be going well

She will stay over at my place 3-4 times a week. I told her feel free to leave anything behind

She has before but last time she said "well I don't want to take up your space"

I said "No worries, I have plenty of space, you can always leave stuff behind for next time so you don't have to always carry a bunch of stuff"

Your way overthinking this mate, I'm assuming you want more commitment from her? Or possibly move in?.

Old 02-19-2016, 05:50 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
If she's isn't a live in, you're better off she not leave anything at your place: trust me on this.
Right! I'd be filling her arms up saying, "Don't forget this.... Oh wait! This is yours!"

Old 02-19-2016, 05:51 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
For the past 6 months I have been dating this girl. Things seem to be going well

She will stay over at my place 3-4 times a week. I told her feel free to leave anything behind

She has before but last time she said "well I don't want to take up your space"

I said "No worries, I have plenty of space, you can always leave stuff behind for next time so you don't have to always carry a bunch of stuff"

She doesn't want you wearing her clothes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships