Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2016, 07:22 PM

346 posts, read 730,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Calling someone "desirable" or "sexy" isn't making them a "sex object".

Guys dating you must be on pins and needles, I would guess. One random "objectionable" word and you probably think they're pervs or creepers.
No, you see, most guys do know how to speak to women. It's funny that guys like you argue with women about what women want. Yep, what do we know? We're only..women. Haha! Read this thread. I'm not alone in wanting a nice guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 07:58 PM

4,200 posts, read 4,453,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eversearching View Post
No, you see, most guys do know how to speak to women. It's funny that guys like you argue with women about what women want. Yep, what do we know? We're only..women. Haha! Read this thread. I'm not alone in wanting a nice guy.

Uh-oh you just said two flash point words "Nice guy" - Please delineate and elaborate as this will cause much consternation amongst male readers of CD. (this should be interesting).

BTW, how do you feel (or the OP) about tractors?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWu4aynBK7E

Old 02-23-2016, 08:06 PM

That song makes me laugh.
And from what I've seen, the guys who get angry about the whole "nice guy" thing, are actually not nice guys.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:18 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,333,568 times
Quote:
Sorry but no, you don't speak for all women. You speak only for yourself. You're arguing against the vast majority of women (and men) on this thread.

The vast majority of women wouldn't be creeped out if a man they were dating complemented them on their looks. The vast majority of women wouldn't recoil in shock if a generally respectful and polite man once said "you're sexy". You even previously equated saying "you're sexy" to sexual assault. Now if that isn't crazy, I don't know what is.

I would be VERY interested in knowing what type of guy you date if you find random complements to be inherently offensive and threatening. How could you even establish relationships without any sort of complimentary communication?

And I have called women "sexy" before, with no problem. Not even once was it an issue, because I won't date women who automatically assume men are dangerous threats and who assume women are innocent, delicate flowers. I judge people as individuals, not as Victorian-era cliches.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:53 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,578,127 times
Quote:
If a guy says "you're a desirable woman" after a first date, that's just as creepy as "sexy". And telling a woman to "relax" because she was creeped out, isn't respectful, either. Every woman is different, but most don't want to be thought of as sex objects.
WIVES AND HUSBANDS see each other as SEX OBJECTS
otherwise they would not have CARNAL KNOWLEDGE of
each other.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
WIVES AND HUSBANDS see each other as SEX OBJECTS
otherwise they would not have CARNAL KNOWLEDGE of
each other.
Mod cut. The OP is talking specifically about how to interact with someone after a FIRST DATE. I'm pretty sure she didn't marry the guy on their first date. If she had, then it's great he called her "sexy". And so, you're saying that people get married because they view the other person as a thing to have sex with, and not because they're in love with the whole person? That's pretty sad.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-24-2016 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: Off-topic comment.

Old 02-23-2016, 09:04 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,578,127 times
Quote:
[Snip.]The OP is talking specifically about how to interact with someone after a FIRST DATE. I'm pretty sure she didn't marry the guy on their first date. If she had, then it's great he called her "sexy". And so, you're saying that people get married because they view the other person as a thing to have sex with, and not because they're in love with the whole person? That's pretty sad.
NO,NO,NO,NO what I'm saying is that it's not dirty and
nasty to consider a person a sex object in certain situation ,
that's all that I'm doing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-24-2016 at 05:52 PM..

Old 02-23-2016, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
NO,NO,NO,NO what I'm saying is that it's not dirty and
nasty to consider a person a sex object in certain situation ,
that's all that I'm doing.
Well yeah of course. If both parties are on board, or if you're a couple. But even the OP said this guy made her feel uncomfortable, and they'd only met once. It's about respecting people's boundaries. And most women (not all, but most), want a guy to be polite until she gives the green light. It's about knowing your audience.

Old 02-23-2016, 09:22 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,204,945 times
Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

No most women have not said they are uncomfortable with what this guy said. Only a certain few such as you. Everyone else has said that the OP is reading too much into it.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-24-2016 at 05:53 PM..

Old 02-23-2016, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
No most women have not said they are uncomfortable with what this guy said. Only a certain few such as you. Everyone else has said that the OP is reading too much into it.
Oh really? Here are just a few quotes from this thread:

So:
"Wmsn4Life:
I think "sexy" is a presumptuous word to use after a first date."

"FurPan:
It's both a compliment and a warning. It's a bit confusing that he didn't go for a kiss at the end of your date if he's aiming for early sex, but I agree with Wmsn4Life that "sexy" is quite forward at this stage."

"MountainHI:
This image of Gomer Pyle comes up in my mind, and he's saying, "Gosh, ma'am, you're hot! Can I see you for a real date?"

IMO he's making it clear what's on his mind, OP. If it hasn't been working out lately, it wouldn't hurt to pass on this one. What did you tell him?"

..and this is only from the very first page..
What were you saying again, about how I'm the only one who says this guy may want to use a safer word..?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships