Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 02:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,114 times

Advertisements

I met a guy 5 years ago and immediately fell for him. I mean head over heels, not just a crush. I told him how I felt and he said he liked me too, yet treated me like no one. He would ignore me for months on end, but come back whenever I gave him an ultimatum. He led me on for 2 years until I got tired of it and dated other people, with him always in the back of my mind. Those relationships ended and I went back to thinking of him.

He told me last year that he loved me, but has never mentioned it again since. I spent the night with him 2 days ago and he said he had waited 5 years to be able to kiss me, and that he had been single since he met me. He introduced me to his friends. To my surprise, all of his friends knew who I was, so he had been telling them about me over the years. He asked if he could call me his girlfriend, to which I raised an eyebrow. I didn't think he actually cared, but my thoughts were starting to change.
He took me home the next day and has not said a word to me since. Is it just me or is he sending mixed signals? Am I too clingy? What should I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2016, 02:26 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,756,302 times
OP:

Please read the link below.

The Differences between Love and Infatuation

Carefully think about which one applies to you.

Old 02-21-2016, 02:27 PM

11,756 posts, read 11,952,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlitfc View Post
I met a guy 5 years ago and immediately fell for him. I mean head over heels, not just a crush. I told him how I felt and he said he liked me too, yet treated me like no one. He would ignore me for months on end, but come back whenever I gave him an ultimatum. He led me on for 2 years until I got tired of it and dated other people, with him always in the back of my mind. Those relationships ended and I went back to thinking of him.

He told me last year that he loved me, but has never mentioned it again since. I spent the night with him 2 days ago and he said he had waited 5 years to be able to kiss me, and that he had been single since he met me. He introduced me to his friends. To my surprise, all of his friends knew who I was, so he had been telling them about me over the years. He asked if he could call me his girlfriend, to which I raised an eyebrow. I didn't think he actually cared, but my thoughts were starting to change.
He took me home the next day and has not said a word to me since. Is it just me or is he sending mixed signals? Am I too clingy? What should I do?

I would modify your post to say "I allowed him to lead me on for 2 years". Quite frankly, you've presented yourself as a sure thing and sat around wasting time and wasting your life for someone who might throw you a scrap and seems to be using you and playing games. This is the type of guy you've been dreaming about? Really?

Old 02-21-2016, 02:42 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,588,273 times
Geeezzz. this isn't a hard one at all.

Move on!

Old 02-21-2016, 02:48 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,846,452 times
He's just not that into you.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:54 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,882,845 times
I wasted 5 minutes reading this thread and it's my fault.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:04 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,669,159 times
Seriously, you are not a priority in his life.

Next!

Old 02-22-2016, 10:27 AM

1,185 posts, read 799,619 times
Sorry that this happened to you. But perfect example where probably there was a good guy who you probably friendzoned while thinking of a sleazebag.

You had infatuation not love. Move on, give the good guy a chance. Take time to know a guy, seems like you fell for the looks.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:28 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,879,465 times
Yes, you are too clingy. Once every two years is fine. Any more than that is expecting too much.

Old 02-22-2016, 11:32 AM

8,917 posts, read 7,669,870 times
That's not a real relationship.

Dude is just playing mind games. Someone who really cares about you and loves you won't leave you hanging like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships