Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 05:24 PM

454 posts, read 310,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
Yes, by all means hide the evidence, never look back, and go ahead and make yourself 'love' this poor man. After all, this is your best chance at a secure life (meaning financial security, and once he dies his stuff becomes yours).

Never mind that the fiance deserves better--by all means, think of yourself first.
Sad thing is she'll just cheat on him again...and again. The OP should do her fiance a favor and leave him. Don't hide this stuff. Come clean. The OP can have their pain now or later after she's had kids. Get it over with now and focus on maturing. OP, you aren't ready for this marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 05:42 AM

27 posts, read 17,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
Yes, by all means hide the evidence, never look back, and go ahead and make yourself 'love' this poor man. After all, this is your best chance at a secure life (meaning financial security, and once he dies his stuff becomes yours).

Never mind that the fiance deserves better--by all means, think of yourself first.
Are you insinuating that I love my fiance just because he's financially well off? That's absoltuely not the case.

I feel I can see that what I have done is wrong and break it off with my ex boyfriend

Old 02-23-2016, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
And why did the two of you split up in the first place?
I said it in the very beginning, I was seeing him and another guy and got pregnant and married the father. That was long ago and I was much less mature, not knowing what I wanted.

After I divorced, we got back together for a time, but then he had to move away, then he got married.

I think if he did not move away, we probably would have been together or gotten married.

Old 02-23-2016, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earslikeacat View Post
You aren.t ready to get married. Your ex is just a horndog looking for easy pickings and you caved. .
He's not a horndog. He's a good man, I think he truly loves me.

Old 02-23-2016, 05:49 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowGrrl View Post
Not so sure about that.

He might be a decent guy but he has very porous emotional boundaries, and he certainly doesn't respect your marriage.

If he "loved" you, he wouldn't put you in this position. Don't fall into the trap of romanticizing this as some kind of star-crossed lover scenario.

Old 02-23-2016, 05:50 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,714,545 times
Seems more like a sexual thrill than love.

Old 02-23-2016, 05:52 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,187,535 times
Quote:
Well then you need to let your fiance go, for his sake. And just date the ex. And figure out why you seem to have problems being faithful to men you're involved with - seeing as you have cheated on both of these guys, and already gotten knocked up with one infidelity act.

Both of you have shown a lack of respect. He doesn't have any respect for your relationship. Doesn't sound like a good man And you don't respect your relationship or fiance. The poor fiance however should know so he can find a better-suited partner that doesn't start affairs with exes behind his back. Especially when it sounds like you just like the sex your ex provides, and are sprung on that, rather than loving him. Both of you seem to be mostly about sex when you're together. And that may be why your relationships don't stick - you try measuring them all o sex, rather than emotional connection. You description of him in the OP only mentions how good sex is- first and only thing you mention about him is nakedness, and good sex is.

As others have stated, you can not have both men. Even if you marry the fiance and sleep around on him. He's probably eventually gonna find out and divorce you anyhow. Now you have 2 divorces under your belt. And as someone else stated, with having a daughter, she doesn't need to be learning this kind of behavior from her mother.

Last edited by HappyRain; 02-23-2016 at 06:02 AM..

Old 02-23-2016, 06:01 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,942,278 times
Quote:
It's not just about sex, and my fiance give me plenty of good sex. There's something I cant quantify about my ex that keeps me coming back. I think he truly loves me too.
I see what you did there.

Old 02-23-2016, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Well then you need to let your fiance go, for his sake. And just date the ex. And figure out why you seem to have problems being faithful to men you're involved with - seeing as you have cheated on both of these guys, and already gotten knocked up with one infidelity act.
That's not exactly true, at the time I got pregnant, I was not exclusive and both guys knew and accepted that.

Old 02-23-2016, 06:23 AM

Maybe what I was looking for in posting this was to see if anyone thought my actions short of physically being with him would be acceptable if I staid with my fiance. Although I admit the attraction would eventually grow too strong and he has made it clear he wants to see me again soon

last night he texted me right before bed, which was dangerous, my fiance could have seen it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships