Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2016, 02:04 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post

Words don't really do the trick as what was in your heart at the time was expressed openly for all to see. The man feels betrayed.
Sure, but he's taking this way too far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 05:56 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Correct. She screwed up, but he's been pouting for two months now. Time to be a grownup and deal with the situation.

And the brother needs to have a sit-down with the husband. He is very much at fault, too.

OP, is this how he handles ALL difficult situations, or is it really out of character?

Old 02-23-2016, 06:51 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
OP... It's clear your brother-in-law is attracted to you.
It's also clear you are mutually attracted to him.

There is nothing you can do to erase the image you gave your husband.
Now he will question your faithfulness from this point forward.
Years of faithfulness can be erased with one unfaithful act.

I don't agree with his actions after the act. I mean, he should have just moved out and sent some paperwork to you instead.

My advice is for you to go to counseling. It will show you are serious in fixing this.

Better get your ducks in a row cause he seems serious in ending you marriage.

Old 02-23-2016, 06:53 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,138,285 times
It's enough, the husband has had 2 months to vent and heal. High profile couples (like in entertainment) must handle these kind of things with regularity. If the husband ends a "strong" marriage because of this, he is an insecure wimp, sorry.

If he has a particularly competitive relationship with his brother, then maybe that's where the real hurt is. But I'm thinking this couple doesn't have the backbone to be a 'social' couple. They should stay home together if he is this sensitive.

BTW, I never saw an answer on where he was as the ball dropped. It's easily the most important moment of New Year's Eve, and he was where? She would have had to stand there like an idiot while everyone else swooned.

Old 02-23-2016, 06:53 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
He should have moved out.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:02 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
It's enough, the husband has had 2 months to vent and heal. High profile couples (like in entertainment) must handle these kind of things with regularity. If the husband ends a "strong" marriage because of this, he is an insecure wimp, sorry.

If he has a particularly competitive relationship with his brother, then maybe that's where the real hurt is. But I'm thinking this couple doesn't have the backbone to be a 'social' couple. They should stay home together if he is this sensitive.

BTW, I never saw an answer on where he was as the ball dropped. It's easily the most important moment of New Year's Eve, and he was where? She would have had to stand there like an idiot while everyone else swooned.
She stated the room was crowded, and her husband was making his way to her for the kiss. She didn't want to wait, and then she and his brother laughed and kissed each other instead while he watched. She then states the kiss was very passionate and lasted a good bit.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:09 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Correct. She screwed up, but he's been pouting for two months now. Time to be a grownup and deal with the situation.
Some men are very visual when it comes to intimacy and sexuality. Speaking from experience, something like this can be replayed and replayed in the mind until it festers. It is difficult for some men to simply get past it.

On the other hand, how he is reacting to the whole thing (not communicating actively seeking an attorney) seems way over board for simply a kiss on new years. Looks like to me he has been questioning the marriage for a while and this simply pushed him over the edge.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:09 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,780,306 times
I still notice several red flags on this story.

OP, do you have an answer to my prior post from last night?

Old 02-23-2016, 07:48 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Some men are very visual when it comes to intimacy and sexuality. Speaking from experience, something like this can be replayed and replayed in the mind until it festers. It is difficult for some men to simply get past it.
Some women do this too. I've done it.

Imagination and memory are not gender-specific. This isn't about being a man; it's about being an adult.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:16 AM

92 posts, read 70,110 times
I feel bad for your husband
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships