Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 09:51 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,813,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawful View Post
Yes she and I are on the lease.I did have to take over the bills though because I guess out of embarrassment we would have over due bills she wouldn't tell me about even though I told her if we have any bill issues to tell me. Our electricity has been turned off twice because of her not telling me they were overdue.
Oh for crying out loud. After reading the bolded, I'm not even going to read the rest of this topic. Stop. Paying. Her. Bills.

You want to end up on the street, don't change your behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 09:59 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHi View Post
They aren't "their" problems, they're all her problems. And she's taking her bf for a ride. She sounds like a deadbeat--can't hold down a job, can't get along with her boss, maxes out her credit in every possible way, including new car purchase, hides the extent of her debts from her SO. Bad news. I wonder how long she'll last at Wal-Mart.
If they're living together, and both on the lease, I would say its 'their' problem if rent/utilities is in jeopardy of not getting paid.

Again, two mature adults can sit down, have a conversation, and come up with a solution/s; whether its to discuss her being a deadbeat/ending the relationship, encouragement to seek a better job so she can contribute more financially, etc whatever.

There's no resolve coming on a public forum to complain.

Old 02-23-2016, 10:02 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Oh for crying out loud. After reading the bolded, I'm not even going to read the rest of this topic. Stop. Paying. Her. Bills.

You want to end up on the street, don't change your behavior.
If the power's getting turned off, they're not her bills, they're their bills.

Old 02-23-2016, 10:04 PM

964 posts, read 994,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
If they're living together, and both on the lease, I would say its 'their' problem if rent/utilities is in jeopardy of not getting paid.

Again, two mature adults can sit down, have a conversation, and come up with a solution/s; whether its to discuss her being a deadbeat/ending the relationship, encouragement to seek a better job so she can contribute more financially, etc whatever.

There's no resolve coming on a public forum to complain.
All good points. I agree, But he needs to disengage from her irresponsible ways, or she'll take him down, financially. They need to live separately.

Old 02-23-2016, 10:06 PM

964 posts, read 994,357 times
Quote:
Camaro, sheesh. I was on my phone and was typing quickly.

I have considered telling her she needs to get another job and start paying her own way or I am out. Clearly this isn't working.
The light is dawning.

Old 02-23-2016, 10:15 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
OP, I understand needing to keep your electricity on. But if you are paying other bills that should be her responsibility, you are enabling this situation and it will continue as long as you are willing. I cannot for the life of me understand why working at Walmart is so very taxing that she cannot take on another job in order to meet her responsibilities. More likely, she doesn't see the need for another job, because she has the gravy train that is you.
Agreed! To live like a king/queen, you must work like a slave! She's only doing the former & ignoring the latter coz she knows she's got poor muggins at home, who will keep working 3 jobs to keep her living in the manner in which she believes she deserves! Eff that noise. Stop paying her bills & only pay for the joint ones.

Tell her to get her pay redirected to your Account so that you pay the bills first, then she can have whatever is left!

Old 02-24-2016, 08:17 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,407,583 times
Quote:

I have considered telling her she needs to get another job and start paying her own way or I am out. Clearly this isn't working.

Great! Do it right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships