Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 08:54 PM

25 posts, read 15,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I would just call him and tell him what you said in your first post.
I have, that's why he's exhausted. I feel like I can't discuss my feelings anymore without him getting frustrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 08:57 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepancakes View Post
I have, that's why he's exhausted. I feel like I can't discuss my feelings anymore without him getting frustrated.
There is nothing to discuss.

Tell him you feel frustrated and misunderstood and you want a break.

I personally don't think breaks work, and I would just break up.

Old 02-23-2016, 09:11 PM

Quote:
There is nothing to discuss.

Tell him you feel frustrated and misunderstood and you want a break.

I personally don't think breaks work, and I would just break up.
Even the thought of breaking up makes me so sad I want to cry

Old 02-23-2016, 09:20 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
I'd like to echo wmsn's part about break ups if I may...........

I've had a few temporary breaks and we were always great once we were back together but soon as the rekindled flame went out!!!! It was just like before and even worse at times and we broke up perminant.

It can work but end of the day should you decide to take a break always remember you took a break for a reason

Old 02-23-2016, 10:06 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,507,241 times
Quote:
I would just call him and tell him what you said in your first post.
I'm sure he can't wait for another phone call!

I don't know that a break will do you any good, but I agree with a pp that it should be longer than a week. Arguing in person for 40 minutes is ridiculous. Over the phone is insane. I once "broke up" with a guy over the phone for 40 minutes (we were in high school). I did the breaking up in one minute and he had to have known it was coming (it was a final comment on our earlier in-person conversation). The rest of the 39+ minutes was him saying he didn't want to break up punctuated with really long silences. It was torture. I wouldn't want to talk with him on the phone again.

Old 02-23-2016, 10:12 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
You'll continue to cry/being miserable in this relationship if nothing changes. Do you honestly believe things will change?

Old 02-24-2016, 05:04 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,153,368 times
Quote:
We weren't arguing like raising our voices. We were just talking about an issue.
You characterized it as a "fight." Even the most low-key disagreement would exhaust virtually anyone -- especially a guy -- if it went on for 40 minutes.

If you want to take a break just tell him. But you need to really stick to it. No suggesting a break and then texting or calling during it. And you also have to be prepared for the break to lead to a break-up. It may not happen, but it's a real possibility.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:30 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Yeah, guys LOVE that for 40 minutes ... on the phone.
Sorry OP but guys won't put up with any discussion longer than 5 minutes, even if THEY"RE the ones talking. They just want it settled and will say ANYTHING to do that...which usually means stuff isn't really settled.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:54 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
There are ways to express our feelings without arguing.

You guys should take a break. You need to get your emotions in check.

Maturity comes when you are able to listen and talk in a mild, kind and understanding way.

Take a break. Cry and keep crying till you stop. Then analyze where you are in life. Why am I crying? How can this make me a better person? A stronger person?

I wish you well. After the dust settles you will see the clear picture.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
There are ways to express our feelings without arguing.

You guys should take a break. You need to get your emotions in check.

Maturity comes when you are able to listen and talk in a mild, kind and understanding way.

Take a break. Cry and keep crying till you stop. Then analyze where you are in life. Why am I crying? How can this make me a better person? A stronger person?

I wish you well. After the dust settles you will see the clear picture.
That's exactly what we do though. I guess everyone is confused when I said "argue" I didn't mean a classic example of arguing. We never yell or raise our voices, we talk in a calm manner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships