Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 04:29 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,185,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I'm sure, these guys don't care about what people think about their living arrangements, especially women.
Agreed here. And apparently some women don't care since they still get married, and/or laid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Associating with them is not the issue, it seems being in relationships with them is the problem.
Then don't be in relationships with them. It's very simple. Best not to judge too harshly, as I am sure there's stuff in your life that isn't exactly perfect, given all the issues you complain about here. Like dating project men and letting them live in your house, with 2 young kids there. And being on welfare, or child-support.

Everyone has some kind of assistance. Whether it's from their parents, friends, lovers, or the government. And I don't see why either is any better, or worse than the other.

Last edited by HappyRain; 02-24-2016 at 04:55 AM..

Old 02-24-2016, 04:38 AM

1 posts, read 450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Then don't be in relationships with them. It's very simple. Best not to judge too harshly, as I am sure there's stuff in your life that isn't exactly perfect, given all the issues you complain about here. Like dating project men and letting them live in your house, with 2 young kids there.
Rekt

Old 02-24-2016, 04:50 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,939,149 times
I understand times are tough but once you move out, IMO, you're out!

Don't bring your chicks back to Mom's nest. Make your own nest! IMO

Old 02-24-2016, 05:10 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,028,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Agreed here. And apparently some women don't care since they still get married, and/or laid.

Then don't be in relationships with them. It's very simple. Best not to judge too harshly, as I am sure there's stuff in your life that isn't exactly perfect, given all the issues you complain about here. Like dating project men and letting them live in your house, with 2 young kids there. And being on well-fare, or child-support. Everyone has their thing.
The stuff in my life that may not be perfect but is stuff out of my control. Overall I am happy with me and my life.

I complain because the men that enter my life suck. I am trying to work with what is available but it really is quite impossible.

I can't find the right kind of guy. Well one that is single and also likes me. The project men show up like abandoned puppies, I help them and they move on to other women.

The good guy with his life together, does not seem to want to progress out of the dating stage. But complains he does not see me much, I don't stay over his house and don't do his laundry but he knows I did my last boyfriends laundry. He lived with me, so it was easy to do it. I have my kids almost all the time, have a dog that he won't allow at his house so any sleepovers require me getting a pet sitter, and his house has no room for my kids to stay over.

Not on welfare. Being on child support is an issue? Are you saying non custodial parents should not support their children?

I always give and give. In every relationship. What I get back is not even close to equaling what I give.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:12 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,322,269 times
Quote:
I don't have a good job either. But because I have drive, I still make things happen.

You can't seem to get out of your own way, and won't make progress with anything until you change how you think. Get out there and make changes
Im not sure, but aren't you the one on public assistance with like 7 kids and dating ex-convinces?

Old 02-24-2016, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I understand times are tough but once you move out, IMO, you're out!

Don't bring your chicks back to Mom's nest. Make your own nest! IMO
I agree. I would live in my car before I went to my parents house.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Im not sure, but aren't you the one on public assistance with like 7 kids and dating ex-convinces?
Not on public assistance. I use to get food stamps before the state was finally able to order my children's father to pay support. I do work full time and always have. I have two children.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:53 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,185,548 times
Quote:
The stuff in my life that may not be perfect but is stuff out of my control. Overall I am happy with me and my life.

I complain because the men that enter my life suck. I am trying to work with what is available but it really is quite impossible.

I can't find the right kind of guy. Well one that is single and also likes me. The project men show up like abandoned puppies, I help them and they move on to other women.

The good guy with his life together, does not seem to want to progress out of the dating stage. But complains he does not see me much, I don't stay over his house and don't do his laundry but he knows I did my last boyfriends laundry. He lived with me, so it was easy to do it. I have my kids almost all the time, have a dog that he won't allow at his house so any sleepovers require me getting a pet sitter, and his house has no room for my kids to stay over.
But didn't you say your current guy was a good one? And that dating was fine now, because you finally have a good man who isn't a project?

Are you starting to now become dissatisfied with this one? And not everything has been out of your control. Some of your issues come from your less than good choice-making - which you seem to not be able to see and think everyone is out to get and use you.

Quote:
Not on welfare. Being on child support is an issue? Are you saying non custodial parents should not support their children?
But my thing is, you receive assistance yourself. So what's the issue if others do? You have not made it 100% on your own either. You have had occasions of getting money from outside sources. And made less than wonderful choices yourself that have resulted in some of your life problems and misery at this point.

You have dated much worse men, that ones whom may live with parents. And if their parents haven't kicked them out, they are apparently welcome there. So, who's it hurting?

It's fine to not like some of your dating options.. But trying to dissect and analyze them, and being angry at them for not being what you want, just focus on the men you would want. You evidently have a decent man now.

Last edited by HappyRain; 02-24-2016 at 06:05 AM..

Old 02-24-2016, 06:14 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,990,394 times
I have known a number of people, both men and women, who have been out of the house, established with their own places, lives, etc, and ended up moving back to a parents house for a period of time. Sometimes a short period. Sometimes long.

Life happens and people make decisions.

Try not to throw a blanket of contempt over them all for having life happen and making decisions. If you feel it is a bad decision, look elsewhere. If you feel a person should be judged on their whole, and not a single circumstance out of context, then investigate further.

Old 02-24-2016, 06:23 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,913,481 times
Quote:
Associating with them is not the issue, it seems being in relationships with them is the problem.
Then don't date them and leave them alone. Simple
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.