Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 10:07 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,030,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
How often does he cook for you? When you cook, does he clean up? Does he help you to cook? Or do you do the majority of the work while he sits around?
Not often. We only see each one or two days a week. When I cook at my house I do everything. At his house he helps clean, I do clean up. I go there and clean his bathroom, etc

I am pretty sure this is how the relationship will
Always be. I never see us living together because it is logistically not possible with the rules he has established. I have accepted this. It is what it is.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:07 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,007,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Lol yes but they want wifi and tv. Neither are available at his house.
They can't be without it for a couple of hours?

Honestly, I'd just cut your losses right now. There's excuse after excuse as to why things can't happen. Why are you making yourself miserable with this?

Old 02-24-2016, 10:08 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,930,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Not often. We only see each one or two days a week. When I cook at my house I do everything. At his house he helps clean, I do clean up. I go there and clean his bathroom, etc

I am pretty sure this is how the relationship will
Always be. I never see us living together because it is logistically not possible with the rules he has established. I have accepted this. It is what it is.

Again, please. BS-o-meter flaming. I hope you get a good book worth's of material out of this.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
He lives with his parents in their house...or at least his dad.
Yeah he has a small house on his families farm. His father lives with him in the house.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:11 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,680,133 times
You do his laundry and scrub his toilet. I just want to shake the **** out of you sometimes, L.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
They can't be without it for a couple of hours?

Honestly, I'd just cut your losses right now. There's excuse after excuse as to why things can't happen. Why are you making yourself miserable with this?
They can but they annoy his kids who are teenagers. Which is why I usually just keep my kids away. Now on the rare occasion I find myself without kids, I go to his house and spend time with his kids. He says my kids do not bother him and he does not care if his kids are bothered by my kids. He is tired of trying to make them happy at the expense of his happiness.

Anymore I don't care. I can only do so
Much and I no longer try to please everyone.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:12 AM

20,756 posts, read 19,947,491 times
Well, we have been telling OP that she is too fast with hoping for a commitment or thinking about moving together. She has been advised to let things just happen naturally and also not to be a doormat anymore.

Seems like she followed the advice.

However, now she is still living at her place, he is living at his place and even though it seems like he WANTED to see her more often, he doesn't take the next step or even talk about a future.

She cannot move into his house because it is too small and he doesn't want to give up his house because it is the house he grew up in.

Did I sum this up correctly?

Old 02-24-2016, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
You do his laundry and scrub his toilet. I just want to shake the **** out of you sometimes, L.
I do. But he has come and helped me do things. I figure it's a fair trade

Old 02-24-2016, 10:13 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,107 times
Lives with his parents with his kids from a woman that he picked who was a deadbeat. Let's you do most of the work, while complaining that you don't do enough for him. Has excuse after excuse about why things cannot move forward with you. Yep- he sounds like another winner.

Once again, you have made another bad choice. Of course, everyone but you knew that from the time you first started talking about being with this guy.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Well, we have been telling OP that she is too fast with hoping for a commitment or thinking about moving together. She has been advised to let things just happen naturally and also not to be a doormat anymore.

Seems like she followed the advice.

However, now she is still living at her place, he is living at his place and even though it seems like he WANTED to see her more often, he doesn't take the next step or even talk about a future.

She cannot move into his house because it is too small and he doesn't want to give up his house because it is the house he grew up in.

Did I sum this up correctly?
Pretty much.

So this is how I see it happening for the foreseeable future. I have been ok with it but now he is not and wants to see me more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.